It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
    So are we supposed to assume that the puddlejumper weapons can get through Goa'uld shields, even though they're not 'jellyfish'? I guess they probably would since they're Ancient. But they didn't even show the usual ripple when something breaks through a shield. It didn't seem like Ares even had them up at all.
    If you recall The lost City part 2 from seaaon 7
    Spoiler:
    anubis's first prime said something along the lines of "outrshields are having no effect"

Comment

Originally posted by UnderT
      This was a good episdoe I think too.
      How would they have gotten a jumper to earth though, maybe raise the gate out of the montin then fly it through?

I wanna see what the Earth people call it, if they call it a "puddle jumper" that would be dumb, they are in isolation from Atlantis after all.
      The easiest way would be to move the Gate forward toward the control room, and turning it around to face away, then fly the Jumper through, and up through the shaft to the surface.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
        Wow... Wayne Brady! I was disappointed, I wanted to see a Jaffa hoedown or scenes from a hat. I think Colin Mochrie (spelled completely wrong,I know) should be on Stargate too... and Drew Carey!

So, anyway, this was a great episode! This is the first time in awhile that the SG-1 ep was better than Atlantis (imo). Off-World Jack was back , even though temporarily . Glad to see Maybourne back in action. And the dresses were really pretty, that would have been great to be an extra during that show.
        I wanted to see Wayne sing "I'll say a little prayer for Yu!"

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

This is definitely a good ep. It had the feel of old Stargate due to the fact mostly that Jack came back through. We all miss him so much here, and it was so nice to see him on another planet.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

The Gate is still alive. Even if we didn’t get to see the beloved one at the SGC, it obviously still works. Wow. I actually liked this episode. Okay the resolution was a little too easy. It was like, okay we have to hurry up and save the day in like five minutes, but I can live with it since we got to see O’Neill back in action. In my opinion it wasn’t an awesome episode, but it was way so much better than compared to last week’s, PU.

Finally, Carter gets to command the team, OFF-WORLD. Finally, the team went off-world TOGETHER. They really didn’t test her command ability here (which is a shame), but a little bit of competent Carter in action is better than nothing acknowledging her promotion. PJ scenes with her and O’Neill were good. Even though there was about zero suspense and no real feel of danger in this one, I was happy enough to see the team together again or mostly together again. Hey, at least they were on the same planet. The Jaffa and the first prime were kind of a joke. Now I thought Daniel pumps iron. How’d he let little Jaffa boy overpower him and pin him down in the fight scene. The only part that really peeved me was how easily Daniel and Teal’c were captured.

The episode had some good laughs, and everyone seemed in character, thankfully. Finally got to see what Maybourne was up to even though it wasn’t quite the good snarky interaction between he and Jack of the past. It had some interesting plot development with the Ancients and their time traveling PJ which I’m guessing is crucial to the season ending episodes. Overall, it held my interest well enough. I enjoyed it.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

i dont have time to read all these posting, yeah they found a time mechine which they will later use, yeah yeah, i just think its kewl how they destoryed a system lord's mothership with a puddle jumper

Comment

I wouldn't say that it was a lucky shot... Jack's mind was targetting the weapons. Surely, he would know the most vital spots to hit.

Although, I'd agree that the ending was a bit rushed.

Fun ep. though! I loved it!

Comment

I watched this again last night. Nothing earth-shattering but still a fun episode - good to see Harry, Jack got to go off-world and get flowers *g*, Daniel and Teal'c had a nice brawl with the Jaffa and they got a handy-dandy PJ for later.

And OMG, but the thing I noticed the most - that I hadn't picked up on the small screen - was Harry's er.....codpiece. How could I have missed that?? No wonder he has all those wives.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

This ep. was soooo much better then any since the hiatus. It had all the members of SG-1 and the bad guy was from greek mythology which in my opinion has been mostly ignored by Stargate except Cronos ofcourse. But I was disappointed that they never showed the male greek god of war, that would of been really cool of they had.

About the pj though would the dhd in it have the right gate symbols. Another thing is that I thought the ancients tried making a timemachine to stop the plague but ended up making the device in WoO that looped time and the whole point of that ep. was that they couldn't go back in time. Finally what was the reason the ancient wrote down all those evens on the stone in the first place?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Hey Campers

Well, I just went through as many of the posts on this episode that my attention span would allow for, and now want to toss in my nickel's worth: So, "It's Good to Be King..."

* Great to see O'Neill off-world again and back into the action. There were some good moments between him and Carter -- and nothing was awkward or touchy (not the right word but I can't think of a better one at the moment) like it was in "Gemini."

* You could tell most of the set was on a sound stage. Not that this is a major problem -- just seems you tell where things started and stopped, something that I can't recall from the earlier seasons

* Have to love the banter between O'Neill and Harry -- reminds me of the "relationship" that MacGyver had with Jack Dalton...

* The Jumper is a neat ship -- good way to toss some new toys at the team. I don't watch Stargate Atlantis, so this is the first time I'd see one. It could have great potential for the series. Plus when O'Neill blew up the mothership, it shows that big things can come in small packages ... yeah, cliche, sorry.

* Wayne Brady on the show -- eh -- I'm not a fan of his so it didn't matter to me either way. As long as the arrogent bad guys get what's coming to them, I'm happy

Overall, this episode will probably be one of my favorites for the season. I'll come right out and say that I'm a sucker for O'Neill (and Mr. A for that matter) and anything with him in the limelight keeps my attention. It's good to see the team back as one again -- they all play off and compliment each other so well. Although after having just seen Abyss -- there still feels like there's something missing to this season. I can't quite put my finger on what it is. The feeling was there in New Order Part 2 and I haven't "felt" it since then. I don't know. I am all alone in the dark on this feeling? Do I make sense to anyone or am I confusing you all as much as I tend to confuse myself?

The show did leave me with a grin on my face -- the "Wives? D'oh!" comment was totally RDA. Maybe the jumper will yet take "us" back to the old times? Come what may, I guess.
                      Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                        End of season, swarms of missiles, sweeping waves of death. That's one thing.

Middish season, two missiles. Different story.

There were way more than two GJofD per ha'tak in The Lost City.

But on a more general note, yes I did and really the whole business should have ended there. At that point, the Goa'uld ceased to be a credible threat. Season 8 should have seen a new enemy rise, be it Anubis' new gambit from beyond the grave or the next evolution of Fifth's Replicators, the Goa'uld...just a bit sad really.
                        True. But we've never even heard of Ares before, so how powerful can he be? Probably not very. And how much you wanna bet most of his front-line ships already got crunched by Anubis and then Ba'al? I mean, the reason he's fleeing and looking for a hideout is that he's down to bedrock. Smashed. It's quite probable that ship already had battle damage that hadn't been fully repaired yet (I mean, do you really think there's the Jaffa equivalent of Scotty out there to make everything shipshape?).

On the other hand, Anubis had tech far beyond that of the other system lords, and he had lots of resources (so his ships were certainly in top shape). It doesn't surprise me that he was much harder to take out.
                        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

10 thoughts about It's Good To Be King....

! WARNING! Sarcastic comments below. !

---------------------------------------------

1. Wayne Brady makes a most unconvincing First Prime. I'm sure his first prime outfit will make for a most interesting tap dance routine get-up.

2. Whoo hoo! Maybourne! Finally, a funny person!!

3. Who knew Sam could move so slow. "Hoooollllddd ooonnn Geeeennneerrraaalll .... iii''vveee aaaalllmmmooosst goooottt iiittt, jjjuuuusssttt aaa ffeeewwwww mmmoooorreeeee sseeeecccoooonnnnddsss!!!"

4. A puddle jumper is the big cool Ancient technology? I wouldn't be caught dead in that contraption. I don't care if it blasts Goa'uld mother ships to Kingdom come, It's shaped like a sqaushed Pepsi can!!

5. DEMOTE JACK!! He looks great offworld! Lots of sunshine and meeting the friendly natives. He can catch a babe or two, sip some Jaffa coolers and relax with his gate hopping buddies. Come on, we want Jack back!! Being a general is no good for him, he just sits around on his butt signing boring contracts and things like that. How can one truly save the universe from behind a cherry wood desk? They demoted Capt. Kirk, DEMOTE JACK, BRING HIM BACK!

6. Teal'c needs to stop wearing those silly muscle shirts. I know he's got muscles, they pop out of anything he wears. It's too early for a mid-life crisis, he's only, what 123 years old? He's still tight.

7. Daniel ... go to your happy place.

8. The nodding villagers, a little ... well, even extras could nab some acting skills before they step on set. Give me a break. They looked like Bobble head figurines.

9. The set ... looked like a set. I thought we were in Canada people, there's gotta be more realistic greenery around those parts. I saw those plastic vines crawling around that foam building.

10. Not bad, I laughed more than I have in all of S8. Ok job people, but please, get back to work, stop sniffing laughing gas while you type, it gets in the way of a professional writing job. You're laughing more at your own jokes than I am.
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                            This ep. was soooo much better then any since the hiatus. It had all the members of SG-1 and the bad guy was from greek mythology which in my opinion has been mostly ignored by Stargate except Cronos ofcourse. But I was disappointed that they never showed the male greek god of war, that would of been really cool of they had.

About the pj though would the dhd in it have the right gate symbols. Another thing is that I thought the ancients tried making a timemachine to stop the plague but ended up making the device in WoO that looped time and the whole point of that ep. was that they couldn't go back in time. Finally what was the reason the ancient wrote down all those evens on the stone in the first place?
                            we did have the greek god pelops in brief candle (s1)

anyway, i really ejoyed this ep, it was cool to see SG1 flying a puddle jumper.
                            they should have had daniel or sam or someone call it a gateship, like mckay did in Rising.

Comment

The posts have pretty much touched on everything I liked about the show, especially Jack back in action ( I loved: "If I had a nickel..." when he was threatened).

I have a question: nothing in the ep explains how Daniel could tell that the writing was only about 250 years old. I'm not talking about the events it may describe, but when it was actually written. He didn't have any specialized equipment (a la C14 dating) or anything that would tell him that, and we've never heard of any difference in Ancient writing that dates it. So, what told him that? It bothered me, because it seemed as if the writers either hadn't realized it was a problem, or couldn't come up with a solution so they ignored it.

I was also glad to see, between this ep and PU, that Daniel is no longer Rambo. I agree that after eight years, he would certainly have learned to fire a gun and to do some damage with it in a firefight. That's still different from being an Ops kind of guy, or doing a lot of hand-to-hand. Last week and this week, he got his butt kicked in a fight (though the fight in PU was totally pathetic. Humor that demeans characters we have something invested in--and I mean Daniel; Vala I couldn't care less about--is not funny.), which makes sense.

J.
                              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

this was a fun little episode.
                                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Working...
                                X