No announcement yet.

Prometheus Unbound (812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read all the previous posts, but one of my questions that didn't get addressed in the episode (as far as I recall) is how did Vala get her hands on the Kull warrior armor in the first place? Did she just find one of those warriors laying dead somewhere and take his armor?????

While this episode was really humorous, I find a lot of it just plain illogical. Even a Kull warrior would not have been likely to be able to take over an entire ship the size of the Prometheus and disable its entire crew and transport them to the alkesh. Did Vala somehow manage to trap each crew member, disable them and them put them in the transport rings without a fire fight or struggle of any kind?

And given that Vala had never seen a ship like the Prometheus before, how is she almost immediately able to figure out how to run the whole ship by herself. Sure she was able to fly smaller ships, but how does that translate to being able to do the same with the Prometheus? (Things like this never get explained in the series ... which I find a bit disappointing.)

My very favorite part of the episode, though, was the one where Reynolds was confronted with possibly having to give Hammond mouth-to-mouth. Priceless moment. Love his line "Good job waking up, sir" (and patting Hammond's face), and as an afterthought "and good job retrieving the crystals". Cracks me up every time I watch this episode.

And I noticed the cute little moment or two with Reynolds and Novak. He politely offered to help her get up on the alkesh, and was very quick to give her credit for figuring out technical stuff.

Enjoyed the episode, but more for Hammond and the secondary character moments than for Daniel and Vala.

Comment

I've literaly just watched this episode and even tho i do like it, i think on repeat viewing each time its just not as good as when i first saw it.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I haven't read all the previous posts, but one of my questions that didn't get addressed in the episode (as far as I recall) is how did Vala get her hands on the Kull warrior armor in the first place? Did she just find one of those warriors laying dead somewhere and take his armor?????

While this episode was really humorous, I find a lot of it just plain illogical. Even a Kull warrior would not have been likely to be able to take over an entire ship the size of the Prometheus and disable its entire crew and transport them to the alkesh. Did Vala somehow manage to trap each crew member, disable them and them put them in the transport rings without a fire fight or struggle of any kind?

And given that Vala had never seen a ship like the Prometheus before, how is she almost immediately able to figure out how to run the whole ship by herself. Sure she was able to fly smaller ships, but how does that translate to being able to do the same with the Prometheus? (Things like this never get explained in the series ... which I find a bit disappointing.)

My very favorite part of the episode, though, was the one where Reynolds was confronted with possibly having to give Hammond mouth-to-mouth. Priceless moment. Love his line "Good job waking up, sir" (and patting Hammond's face), and as an afterthought "and good job retrieving the crystals". Cracks me up every time I watch this episode.

And I noticed the cute little moment or two with Reynolds and Novak. He politely offered to help her get up on the alkesh, and was very quick to give her credit for figuring out technical stuff.

Enjoyed the episode, but more for Hammond and the secondary character moments than for Daniel and Vala.
      I do agree with most of what you've said here. in the case of Vala flying the Prometheus, these a line that explains that its due to her retaining knowlage from when she was a host to Qetesh.

Comment

I love this episode! It's really fun-filled and great to watch. IMForeman is right about the audio commentary too, it's great! Probably my favorite commentary; CB is hilarious!
        sigpic
        Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
        I'm a 60%er!
        ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
          I love this episode! It's really fun-filled and great to watch. IMForeman is right about the audio commentary too, it's great! Probably my favorite commentary; CB is hilarious!
          Aww. I wanna listen to it. Is there somewhere I can listen to it online?

I loved that episode! It was so funny. The Michael + Claudia Chemistry is amazing.

Comment

I to would like to hear and/or read the commentary on that episode ....know of any place?

Comment

Originally posted by Malviris View Post
              I to would like to hear and/or read the commentary on that episode ....know of any place?
              I don't see Prometheus Unbound here yet, but you could keep checking back as they seem to have some of season 8 transcribed.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                I don't see Prometheus Unbound here yet, but you could keep checking back as they seem to have some of season 8 transcribed.
                Okie dokie. Cool.

Comment

Hiya all 'gaters

Wondered if someone can help me.

I started watching Stargate from the beginning about 3 months ago. I've done Season 7 & 8 in the last couple of weeks. In the Prometheus Unbound episode they are off to Atlantis for a rescue mission. Now I haven't watched any of Atlantis yet (want to finish all 10 seasons of SG1 and the fils first) but I can not remember any point at which they found Atlantis. I have been thinking over the last few episodes and I can only remember them looking for it but never finding it. Can anyone piint me in the episode direction I need to re-watch.

thanks in advance
                  sigpic
                  I Believe
                  My FanFiction

Comment

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post
                    Hiya all 'gaters

I started watching Stargate from the beginning about 3 months ago. I've done Season 7 & 8 in the last couple of weeks. In the Prometheus Unbound episode they are off to Atlantis for a rescue mission. Now I haven't watched any of Atlantis yet (want to finish all 10 seasons of SG1 and the fils first) but I can not remember any point at which they found Atlantis. I have been thinking over the last few episodes and I can only remember them looking for it but never finding it. Can anyone piint me in the episode direction I need to re-watch.

thanks in advance
                    It works like this. In all of S7 SG1 is looking for the Lost City of the Ancients aka Atlantis. In the season finale SG1 finds an Ancient outpost where Atlantis use to reside. Remember Dr. Wier? Well after her time as leader of the SGC (Lost City/New Order) she heads up research of the Antartic outpost. Its there where they find information that Atlantis is a neighbor galaxy known as the Pegasus Galaxy. Dr. Wier and a group use Earth's ZPM to travel via Stargate to Atlantis. But it is a one way trap and this group is stuck in the Pegasus Galaxy.(All this occurs in the Atlantis pilot). So Prometheus Unbound deals with the Prometheus traveling to the Pegasus to find the Atlantis group
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post
                      Hiya all 'gaters

thanks in advance
                      They never show them finding it in Stargate, it's the Atlantis first episode "rising" that they find Atlantis.

without going into to much detail, the pilot episode of Atlantis takes place on earth/SGC for awhile, and it deals with them finding the city.

The two shows aired side by side from season 8 of Sg-1 onward.

To bridge the gap between Atlantis and SG-1, watch the pilot episode of atlantis before season 8 of SG-1. It'll help clear up a little confusion.

If you're waiting to finish SG-1 fist before seeing atlantis, just to let you know you might get a crossover episode too soon in season 10 of SG-1 with the two shows, so just an FYI. It might give away a few spoilers. You'll be seeing season 3 parts of atlantis at this point without having seen the first two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        They never show them finding it in Stargate, it's the Atlantis first episode "rising" that they find Atlantis.

without going into to much detail, the pilot episode of Atlantis takes place on earth/SGC for awhile, and it deals with them finding the city.

The two shows aired side by side from season 8 of Sg-1 onward.

To bridge the gap between Atlantis and SG-1, watch the pilot episode of atlantis before season 8 of SG-1. It'll help clear up a little confusion.

If you're waiting to finish SG-1 fist before seeing atlantis, just to let you know you might get a crossover episode too soon in season 10 of SG-1 with the two shows, so just an FYI. It might give away a few spoilers. You'll be seeing season 3 parts of atlantis at this point without having seen the first two seasons.
                        How confusing!
                        I do have the first 2 seasons of Atlantis so maybe I should start watching them.
                        Thanks for the clarification.
                        sigpic
                        I Believe
                        My FanFiction

Comment

I've just noticed the order of the episodes on the dvd is slightly different than on this site (this is before Gemini on the dvd), ah well. Best moments of this episode are "Hans... Olo" and Daniel telling the "supersoldier" it's not really his type... I never cared much for Vala in S9 and 10 but she was ok here.

Comment

This is a great episode! ... because Vala comes into the picture

Comment

This so far is my favorite episode. Though I am not completely done watching the SG1 series. I didn't laugh as much in any other episode than this one. And this one is very Dr. Jackson heavy which I like.
                              Jack O'Neill: If we want to find out who's behind this, we have to do what the Asgard do.
                              Daniel: You mean bluff?
                              Jack O'Neill: Yep. We just need to do it without revealing what we know.
                              Daniel: Which is nothing.
                              Jack O'Neill: Right. But they don't know we know nothing.

Comment

when I've first seen the episode I was like: "Is this the wrong channel?". Because it was so totally off-topic. And after a few minutes I really enjoyed it
                                Vala beating Daniel is so funny and you can tell that he can't stay frown when it's anywhere near vala

Comment

Working...
                                X