No announcement yet.

The Other Guys (608)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of the funniest episodes with the best line ever..."You ended that sentence with a preposition.."
    sigpic

Comment

horrible stormtrooper effect
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
        This is one of the funniest episodes with the best line ever..."You ended that sentence with a preposition.."
        COuldn't say it better
        The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
        sigpic

Comment

Loved this one. The best humor ep so far, definitely better than Wormhole X-treme! and that wasn't bad either. Loved Coombs and Felger, and they definitely deserved their medals.
          sigpic

Comment

This is such a funny episode ... I have been laughing out loud and I'm at work watching it (ok my job is pretty boring, I sit at a desk by myself all day).
            sigpic

"I am worth far more to you than you will admit."

Comment

Watching the ep I went from cringe to laugh, never knowing what was going to happen next.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Am I the first Rewatcher to catch this ep?

1. Really wasn't sure to make of this ep going into it, concept reminded me slightly of a Babylon 5 S5 ep.

2. Must have watched this ep with Mum as at the end of it she said "this is like something you'd write" which I took as, it was like a piece of fan fiction. Which it is, certainly first time around it seemed to be the best comedy ep since Window of Oportunity.

3. This time round...it wasn't so hot, maybe because I'm tired and dealing with the back end of a cold...I certainly can't imagine coming up with a guy like Felger who just seemed more annoying this time round, Coombs yeah though.

4. Then again, to be fair you can't blame the two geeks, I mean, we've never heard of a Tok'ra having that many Jaffa supposedly loyal to him.

5. Herak is the proof that most of this ep is not a dream.

Still a fun ep!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I loved this episode! Absolutely hilarious.

I really do think the Jaffa must all need glasses, though - they are terrible shots!
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

This was a fun little episode.

SG-1 goes undercover, and some goofballs botch it up.

At the end of the episode, I liked how Jack just stood there like he was mocking, and just jumped in after the staff blast.

Tomorrow, the Tok'ra and the Free Jaffa don't like each other
                    sigpic

Comment

Last time I watched this ep I counted how many times Felger said something Mitchell said with all seriousness in S9. It was painful.

I really like this ep, but it's one of the few that what came later really affected my viewing. <<sigh>>
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

This episode cracked me up the first time I watched it, and still makes me chuckle with each re-watch. I just loved the way two hapless scientists manage more by dumb luck than any judgement to end up saving the day! The scene where they were dressed as Jaffa and Coombs put his glasses back on was just so funny! Of course we just had to have the Star Trek discussions with John Billingsley, loved him as Dr Flox in 'Enterprise'.

....It also gave us the first appearance of Herak, Herak rocks!!! He's so uselessly earnest, tries so hard and is a wonderful object of O'Neill's sarcastic jokes here and in future encounters.

Rewatching it after I moved to Vancouver from the UK made the hockey discussion between Jack and Teal'c make sense. For years I had no idea what that was about! Of course I learned of the 'Red Green Show' as well, in which Patrick McKenna appeared as another hapless geeky guy. This comedy found many uses for duct tape, which was the ongoing joke and it was only now that I noticed that a couple of the scientists had rolls of duct tape hanging off their belts! It's these little in joke references to other Canadian shows,which previously went unnoticed that add some more fun with rewatching Stargate now that I've lived in Vancouver for six years.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                          (Better than a lot of my recent ones, some of which I'm thinking of rewriting during the weekend)

But anyway, love this ep. So funny even though it's quite silly.
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This one has my favorite O'Neill crack. The preposition joke just continues to crack me up even in the recent sitting. The episode is not to be taken. That obvious with how they gloss over the fact the Tok'ra had key information to Anubis key information. Its a pure comedy episode all around. I find most of the Felger and Combs humor over the top and found myself laughing more at the SG1 antagonism against Herak. They way they mock him (especially Jack) was great. A nice departure with the seriousness that we see in S6.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

A funny ep. Not as funny as previous comedy eps. But still funny.

The best moment being Jacks tease before going through the gate.
                              sigpic

Comment

I have mixes feelings for this one. As a comedy it wasn't funny enough. As a sci-fi show it was not serious enough.

Perhaps I just don't like "dream" episodes?

Overall not bad though, just confused me a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X