No announcement yet.

The Other Guys (608)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too! I liked that. It was a nice touch to echo the Trek references. I suppose the best thing was that, despite the fact that SG-1 had intended to get captured, it turned out that Felger misreading the situation was a blessing in disguise (a very poor Jaffa-type disguise!).

Best of all, they managed to pull it off - albeit in the most inept, hopeless, my-god-we-are-flying-by-the-seat-of-our-pants-here fashion. It seemed to me that it was mostly Coombs who was the brains of the outfit - Felger was, more often than not, the mouth. Not to mention the bulging eyes and raging over-enthusiasm. He probably has a great deal of talent as a scientist - if only he could get over the whole fanboy thing and stop trying so hard to impress everyone. That's the fastest known way to make yourself look a major chump.

This ep is silly as silly can be - and great fun. Nice to see the focus on someone other than SG-1, and (better still) someone far less competent than SG-1. Talentless SGC wannabees around the world unite! There is hope for us after all!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
      This ep is silly as silly can be - and great fun. Nice to see the focus on someone other than SG-1, and (better still) someone far less competent than SG-1. Talentless SGC wannabees around the world unite! There is hope for us after all!
      Too true!

This episode was hilarious. Felger and Coombs could have been completely annoying, but because it was done with so much fun, they were actually really funny I also thought that only the ending was a dream (there was definitely no way Sam would do something like that ) until I read this thread. Now I'm not so sure- maybe the whole thing was a fantasy? Perhaps I should re-watch it.

Even though the ep was extremely silly, we still got some classic O'Neill lines, "Look everyone, he's got Coombs with him!" But for me, I loved Carter saying to Jonas, "How come you're not smiling?" Ya gotta love Stargate.
      "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
      S/J all the way!
      Big Honkin' Resolution!
      sigpic
      John/Teyla Shipper!
      SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Im surprised no one mentioned the hockey quote in the beginning. God, where are the Canucks of Vancouver fans when you need them!

Comment

I hated this ep both times I watched it. I thought it was stupid and pointless.
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I found this episode hilarious from almost from the beginning. Great Trek references, especially considering of the actors was also on Enterprise. Yes, the ending bit with Felger was idiotic. But overall it was a good giggle. BAd Guys could have been much more like this. But... wasn't.

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I loved this ep. The whole thing was great. One of my favorite eps.

Comment

I loved this episode. My favorite part was the bit about the red-shirted ensigns.

Comment

Another funny ep.. O'neill has a couple good sayings: "Why look everybody....he's got KOOMS with him!!!" lol or:
                  O'Neill: Won't be long.

Jonas: Before what?

O'Neill: Ohh some overdressed over the top bad guy floats in gloating about whatever he feel fate awaits us...wait for it...

lol or the "Got a resume?" haha, great stuff, i love o'neill
                  I am Thor, Sumpreme Commander of The Asgard Fleet.

"We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall.

Comment

It was mostly a good episode, but I thought they went a bit too far with the whole geeky scientist thing. I mean, these guys are supposed to be among the best scientists in the world, but come across as bumbling idiots. Sometimes it was a relief when they were OFF screen. Though I did laugh when they ringed aboard the ship and one of them started shooting in all directions with his eyes closed!
                    The whole idea of being captured by the undercover Tokra made for a very good plot on it's own, even without the other guys.

Comment

Wasn't this our first introduction to Harrak, who became anubis;s first prime?

Comment

I think it was.
                        Spoiler:
                        He also lasts a lot longer, and keeps his boss happier than your average first prime. He is there right up until the ancient superweapon wipes out Anubis' fleet. I always remember when the ancient drones start ripping though them he gets the fateful line "our shields are of no use!"

Comment

Definately a funny episode, I love the introduction to Herak. He is the first enemy Jaffa that has survived an entire season, appearing in several episodes. I just read an interesting production note that I think would be interesting to discuss. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi gave this statement in a chat with a GateWorld Writer.

"It was never intended to be all in Felger's head. Just the ceremony. However, watching the finished episode we realized, 'Uh oh. People are going to think it was all a daydream.' And I've read some pretty convincing arguments for why it should be a daydream."
                          In my opinion it wasn't a dream, if it was we wouldn't have been introduced to Herak a reoccurring character.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Jaffa in this ep are the worst shot ever. They even recognise it in the DVD commentary.
                            Last edited by L E E; 22 July 2008, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I loved this ep & I think its ok if its kinda pointless. I think this is 1 of those that was made solely to be enjoyed as a laugh break, It just shows the kid side in TPTB. Felger & Coombs are a blast together

Comment

This happens to be one of my top 10 favourite episodes, it brings a smile to my face everytime i watch it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X