No announcement yet.

Wormhole X-Treme! (512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARTIN: Wormhole X-Treme. The show is based on your Stargate program.
    O'NEILL: Don't worry, it's on cable.

What's not to like about this episode?! It gives a fun look behind the scenes, the people and studio, and it poked fun at itself and science fiction cliches!

On rewatching this episode I was quite amazed at how many of the behind the scenes people who made cameos I have met in person over the intervening years!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      MARTIN: Wormhole X-Treme. The show is based on your Stargate program.
      O'NEILL: Don't worry, it's on cable.

What's not to like about this episode?! It gives a fun look behind the scenes, the people and studio, and it poked fun at itself and science fiction cliches!

On rewatching this episode I was quite amazed at how many of the behind the scenes people who made cameos I have met in person over the intervening years!
      I found the director's commentary for this ep to be enlightening...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

My LiveJournal post

The end of my LJ post:
        "SG-1 and Hammond mentioning that 'Wormhole X-treme!' gives the Stargate program plausible deniability, almost makes me wonder if there is a real Stargate program, (possibly with a different name) and the SG-1 show gives them plausible deniability... Hmm... Nah, that's silly!

Hmm...

Nah, only joking!

Or am I...?

..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Didn't like one of this episode - in fact it's at the top of my least favourite episodes in Stargate history. I did like the end with the "cast interviews" and behind the scenes with the actors.
          Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
            Didn't like one of this episode - in fact it's at the top of my least favourite episodes in Stargate history. I did like the end with the "cast interviews" and behind the scenes with the actors.
            I look at this episode like it's a 'behind the scenes' show. How much of that really goes on when making a series.. There are quite a few real situations in there...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I really like this ep. It has plenty of humour and even a few easter eggs.

It's what I do.

BIGGER!
              sigpic

Comment

This is really an episode for the fans. A lot of the jokes in this episode go above the more casual viewers but when the guest appearences by the crew and the way this episode pokes fun at the Stargate team in particular it takes a fan to really appreciate the jokes in this episode. Thier is also a serious story in how a TV program blantly copies the Stargate program. And I have some issues with that like how Tanner seems like a complete different person compared to his last person. And am I the only one confused where that Air Force strike team went after it stormed an NID warehouse? The episode plot is too loose to fit the satire of this episode. But all in all its a good episode.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree. I thought it quite good the way it found problems with the realism of Stargate.
                  But WHERE were Marty's former friends going in their space ship? If their planet was destroyed by the goa'uld, where were they heading and who was in the ship?

Comment

Dont think there was anyone in the ship, it was automated and amrty and his friends were the only survivors..

Comment

Well, where did the ship come from and where was it headed?? Perhaps these guys had knowledge that would have been helpful to the SGC in the final analysis. We never find out anything about what they could know or be helpful with.....
                      Aside from that, the episode is far better than "200" in Season 10. Both episodes sought to poke fun at the Stargate world but this episode did a far better job IMHO.

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                      Dont think there was anyone in the ship, it was automated and amrty and his friends were the only survivors..

Comment

Did they not say the ship was hidden, as for where it went they were hiding so maybe off to some other planet with a similar level of technology to our own.
                        Given that they were a space capable race its fair to assume that they would of had friends/allies of some description, maybe they just went there instead..

Comment

This episode got me to think a lot. I mean what if there really is some kind of stargate, the best way to hide it, would be to make a movie called stargate

I've been watching a hundred episodes in four weeks
                          Last edited by Cluas; 27 January 2013, 12:07 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

OMG -- this is just the most ridiculous episode ever. I know it's supposed to be good fun, but I have to admit second time through it's just plain stupid.

It's fun to see the studio's and everyone getting their cameo. The Deluise-brothers are great together. And our characters mingled in the action, but it just remains a dumb episode. I liked it a lot more the first time round, now... much less unfortunately.

I did like the CG-ship at the end... well done.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

More ridiculous than 200?
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                More ridiculous than 200?
                                Probably not, but I can't decide yet as I have seen 200 only once. I can only remember Vala as Dorothy and the Farscape bit.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X