Wormhole X-Treme! (512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flow View Post
    I find "200" to be a much better comedy episode than "Wormhole X-treme". But that's just my opinion...
    Completely agree. "200" makes "Wormhole X-Treme!" look almost pathetic by comparison.

That said, I like parts of "Wormhole".
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Laura writes: “Which was your favorite walk on part and how do you direct while you perform you little parts?”

PDL: My favorite cameo - “Wormhole X-treme” and “200”. I actually got to say something, and it was silly. The way I direct when I’m in front of the camera is simple. We can play back recorded takes for me to review or I can just trust the people watching the monitors… (which I usually do.)

Whovian writes: “How is Dom doing? Please give him a huge hug from me. If you wouldn’t mind.
      Which brings me to my next question. Your dad is a great cook. How about you? Do you love to cook? And if so, are you good at it? I only say this because I happen to suck at cooking no matter how hard I try.
      Window Of Opportunity is my all-time favorite episode probably of any television show. Ever. What’s your favorite Stargate episode? It doesn’t have to be one on which you worked.
      Thanks so much for stopping by to talk with us. I’m very excited you are back!”

PDL: Hug for Dad… on it. I am not a great cook and empathize. My favorite is ‘Urgo’ because I got to work with my Dad. I also really enjoyed “Wormhole X-treme”.

ChelledeBoer writes: “Oooh goodie…questions for Peter!!! I had a major crush on that man back in the 21 Jump Street days…I was all of about 17/18 years of age…ahh the memories!?Ok…Peter…thank you so much for joining us here for a Q&A session. I just have a few questions if that’s ok.?1. In terms of directing, what was the most difficult episode of Stargate you directed and why??2. What was your favourite episode of Stargate that you directed??3. What is the most difficult aspect of directing??4. In terms of acting, do you get a chance to stretch your acting skills much anymore??5. What is the one thing you would have loved to have seen happen on Stargate SG1 that didn’t happen??6. How’s your dad? I loved him in the episode Urgo and the movie Smokey and the Bandit. He makes me laugh. As do you when you do your Bill Cosby impersonation!?Finally, any chance of you popping down under for a meet and greet with the fans?? I’d love to say hi.?Thank you. Cheers!! xxxx ~Chelle”

PDL: More numbered questions…
      1. ‘Most difficult’ – “Condemned” …Too many cast members in too many scenes. I still have nightmares.
      . Favorite episode to direct, “Urgo” (because I got to work with my dad) and “Wormhole X-treme” (Brother)
      . Trying not to freak out.
      . No. I miss acting.
      . Love alternate reality episodes. I know it’s a stretch but I wanted to see Walter Harriman and Sam Carter consummate their relationship in zero gravity.
      . Dad is well. I really like Australians… anything is possible.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/
      Last edited by Jumper_One; 22 April 2009, 04:33 PM.
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Not bad - a bit silly but I could appreciate what they were doing. Overall I did enjoy it but not a super favorite.
        I'd say - 6/10.
        Maria
        Fan of SG-1, SGA, STNG, Sliders, Firefly, Fringe, & Sanctuary

Comment

I haven't sen "200" yet I really mus get it..
          You can either agree with me or be wrong.

Comment

I didn't need audio comentary to laugh. It was heaps good.
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

This little thing bothers me about the episode. At one point, Teal'c says in the episode, "They were consumed by the drivers before they retired to sleep." (Referring to donuts) However, I really like the scripted line, "They were consumed by the producers. None remain." I just think that this little line should have stayed the same.

Which line do other people prefer?
              sigpic
              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

The scripted line sounds more like Teal'c than what was said.
                Some say that he has only one ear.
                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                All we know is he's called
                sigpic

Comment

This is so funny episode martin's SG-1 is ridiculous.did you see his stargate?
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

love this episode agree its very funny.
                    sigpic

Comment

SyFy just reran this episode earlier tonight. I'm really happy that SyFy resumed the more-or-less nightly SG-1 reruns. I was really missing the reruns (and the Atlantis ones too) during October with all the horror films. I understand that the channel wants to get into the spirit of Halloween but it was getting rather grating for me not to have consistent sci-fi on the sci-fi channel for a month!

Anyways, back to "Wormhole X-Treme!":
                      It was rather jarring watching this episode after having immersed myself in SGU for the past several weeks. Again, I haven't seen any other SG-1 or Atlantis episodes since the end of September because of the horror stuff in October. I can see why people like this episode and I can see the good qualities in it. But something about it really got on my nerves during the rerun today and I'm not quite sure why.

I guess I'm more of a serious sci-fi/drama/action kind of guy and I like my humor darker, more sarcastic, and subtle. "Wormhole X-Treme!" is none of those things. Oh well, I can appreciate it for what it was. At least I got to see Malcolm Barrett's first appearance in SG-1 all over again. He's definitely one of my favorite guest characters.

Tomorrow, they're rerunning "Proving Ground" which I greatly liked the first time I saw it. I always liked the recruits and I wish we got a chance to see more of them after this episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

this is an episode i enjoyed
                        sigpic

Comment

I think Martin Lloyd doesn't even look like an alien.I think that his entire crew,including him are humans who developed a new drug that made their memories a mess.They builded the ship from their messed-up minds and are all just normal humans
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

It's identical to the story about the man who developed nitroglycerine.You don't probably don't no him,because he blew himself up.The assistant came in,saw that his mentor had exploded and told:Guess this stuff does work.

Comment

It's like they invented this drug made themselves crazy and no one has heard of them.Only I think Lloyd took the least of the drug

Comment

lol maybe the others were more crazy for sure
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X