No announcement yet.

The Devil You Know (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liked both of the episodes. Loved it when Daniel told Apophis Ammonet was dead. It would have been better if Sha're had been used in Daniel's memories and not Jack to try and get the location of the child.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

As soon as he said "My true name is..." (or something) I just suddenly said to myself "Apophis!" Whatta ya know, I was right!

I agree with everyone else- Sokar died way to quickly. It's interesting that, after all that, Apophis just keeps on tickin, but I was really digging Sokar. He looked great.

I just knew Teal'c was going to punch that Tok'ra guy out at some point.

Comment

Great or creepy? Don't answer, I think I can figure that out. I also think they gave him a great look, especially since he was playng the role of Satan.

Oh, and the quote that I think you're looking for is: (spoiler: highlight to read)"You will call me Nayonak no longer. From this day forth, I reclaim my true name. *lifts helmet* Apophis." I think that was so well-done.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          Great or creepy? Don't answer, I think I can figure that out. I also think they gave him a great look, especially since he was playng the role of Satan.

Oh, and the quote that I think you're looking for is: (spoiler: highlight to read)"You will call me Nayonak no longer. From this day forth, I reclaim my true name. *lifts helmet* Apophis." I think that was so well-done.
          yeah and than you saw his own eye that glowed Apophis Than Jack:you do know we are not happy to see you. Apophis:your insulence sounds music to my ears Daniel:your wife is dead sorry to ruin your day
          Lord Zedd

Comment

yeah and than you saw his own eye that glowed Apophis Than Jack:you do know we are not happy to see you. Apophis:your insulence sounds music to my ears Daniel:your wife is dead sorry to ruin your day
            Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer359
              Soakr's Jaffa are quite unique looking. Do we ever see them with their helmet's up?

As for the episode, the idea that the Tok'ra could destroy a moon but couldn't penetrate of Goa'ould mothership's shields seems a little off. I do, however, dig the idea of destroying an entire celestial body just to get at one ship. I'm a fan of overkill.
              Not really. the Tok'Ra dont have the pure power needed to destroy the moon either. It was chain reaction weapon. Not Direct Energy Transfer, thus the power requiremnts to start off the reaction are lower than that need to blast through a motherships shields.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Probably my fave episode of the series thus far (about to start Abyss in a minute) the rise of Apophis is done really well. He is by far the best villain this shows got IMO and i think its great this guy has the luck SG1 seems to have when it comes to cheating death all the time.
                Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
                  I agree with everything you said. It is too bad Sokar couldn't be around a bit longer, I think they could have done some more really good episodes with him. This one and Jolinar's Memories are probably my 2 favorite episodes from Season 3.
                  Got to agree with you completly. Sokar is one of my favorite Goa'ulds. Just his apperance and his hell moon and his sweet looking jaffa.

Also very unexpected that Apophis returned. Atleast they didn't waste Sokar's death completly and salvaged it by bringing back Apophis. I still would of wanted Sokar to stick around for a bit though.

Comment

For Season 3's Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know...

The Tokra memory recall device as they travel to Netu in the teltak.

Sam remembers (and feels) Jolinar's love for Martouf.

Jolinar is tortured with the pain stick; Sam feels it 'realistically'!

Netu: They find Sam's father Jacob and then Sam meets Bynar.

Apophis and the Blood of Sokar.

The Blood of Sokar and the memory recall device
                    - and Sam sees memories of just after her mother died.

Netu's prison, Sam looks after her father and speaks with Martouf
                    - telling him not to let them use Jolinar, or Sam, against him.

Final scenes. Sam, Jacob and Martouf in the cells of Netu.
                    Sam and Jacob on the teltak on the way home.

Comment

This episode was great. I have to say that the goa'ulds understimated us. they thought that sg1 were easy to break but they got a big surprice. i'm glad that they didn't spill the beans of course i knew they wouldn't they are the heroes of the show. i kind of spected more for the hell part. i thought i see more people suffering and more fires. i'ts like some of us latino say Yerba mala nunca muere(Bad grass never seems to die) and with apophis coming back to power it's actually proven. I love sg1 genious they can out of any situation it doesn't matter how bad is it. i love this team.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. Although things didn't play out as I had expected from Jolinar's Memories. I thought with Naonek(Apohpis) killing Bynar, that Apophis and SG-1 were going to make some sort of deal to help each other get out of there. Apophis would get to defeat Sokar and SG-1 would be allowed to leave. Thus a deal with "The Devil You Know". Still was good though.
                        Sokar seems patterned after, or gets a lot of traits from the Emperor in Return of the Jedi.
                        Last edited by QuiGonJohn; 09 May 2005, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Only Sokar's prettier.
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I loved the attention to detail in Sam's hallucination--there was an astronaut doll (Matt Mason?) on the shelf behind her.

Comment

the guy playing Sokar looked like the Emperor with a nose job

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                I loved the attention to detail in Sam's hallucination--there was an astronaut doll (Matt Mason?) on the shelf behind her.
                                You're right, there is, visible here.

Comment

Working...
                                X