Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jigsaw-time: Learning Curve

The 3-episode quiz: Legacy, Learning Curve & Point Of View
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 28 January 2018, 03:39 PM. Reason: Adding the link to the quiz.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I did poorly. 11 minutes and 18 seconds
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Yikes, that basically means we're going to have an even harder time.

Comment

It's a little larger than your usual puzzle and their are a lot of shades of black and gray
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I did far worse by comparison: 19:55

Comment

3x05 Learning curve
              Kalan said the Uronne childrens can’t recive nanites after their Averium, but Tommin and the others were still playing in the school what Merrin learned on Earth.
              My comment: They were teaching each other on the old fashioned way.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The adults received Merrin's nanites (and her memories of school) and began to teach the Uronne children. That's not an error.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

18:57 for the puzzle. It seems that I skipped a few.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                    18:57 for the puzzle. It seems that I skipped a few.
                    Time to catch up...

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

17:07

Comment

Oh, sorry about the hard ones.

Comment

After watching this episode again, I just realized that the SGC crippled their entire society over sentiment.

There technological advancements had been slowed down now since they had reverted back to an older style of teaching. Yes, it makes room for imagination and innovation rather then strict coherence in their development and research. But it's kind of a shame considering what they could have achieved in such a short time frame.

Comment

I'm surprised this episode has such a low star rating. It is so thought-provoking and evoked emotions - so sad for Merrin and the kids but glad no future kids will be treated as knowledge banks.
                              Complete newb to stargate - please no spoilers.

Comment

I don't think that the society was crippled or their advancement slowed by their interactions with sg-1 because they were utterly convinced that using nanites was safe and a vital part of their technology. Hopefully the only unintended change was that the children who gave away their nanites, and were therefore unable to receive new ones, would be taught by the adults and could take on a new role within their community.

Comment

Working...
                                X