No announcement yet.

Learning Curve (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just like we never saw Narim again after the episode, New ground. Or heard back from Grand pa after the crystal skull episode.. Things forgotten about.

Comment

Narim went into the witness protection program and returned in Atlantis as Doctor... can't remember his name. Only to die by the hands of a Wraith.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Perhaps not all the characters had to live forever!
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Narim went into the witness protection program and returned in Atlantis as Doctor... can't remember his name. Only to die by the hands of a Wraith.
          That was Nyan from New Ground who came back in The Defiant One. Narim was a Tollan.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
            That was Nyan from New Ground who came back in The Defiant One. Narim was a Tollan.
            Oh doh...

Darn it... ...got them all mixed up.

Comment

Note they are different characters played by the same actor
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh doh...

Darn it... ...got them all mixed up.
                Same here. BUT Nyan was NOT THE doctor that got eaten by the wraith and left for dead in "The Defiant one, just they were played by the same actor... AS many roles in SG seem to be for minor characters..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Note they are different characters played by the same actor
                  , that is what I meant.

Comment

You should have been more clear. Never send a water filter to do a human's job
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Wait wait wait.... but Narim, now that I remember the actor, was the same one playing Weir's boyfriend, right?

Comment

Wait wait wait.... but Narim, now that I remember the actor, was the same one playing Weir's boyfriend, right?

Comment

The same actor, yes..
                          Heck iirc in the general area, there was a thread that had a list of all the actors who have had MULTIPLE roles in SG1/SGA/SGU playing different characters..

Comment

In the Joss Whedon TV-series -- it was a competition to appear in preferably all his shows as different characters.

Comment

Might have liked this -- might not have liked this very much. I don't really know.

Anywho... Here we have a civilization, descendants from whomever lived at Teotihuacan at one point or another, and they learn by assimilation. Borg in disguise. Young children are deliberately infected with nanites and when they reach the age of 12 are reduced to idiots in order for the rest of the population to absorb their knowledge. Yeah okay... no thanks.

However, the concept is interesting because it showcases how different the people on all these planets have evolved, and that they have different ways of living and doing things, and simply don't follow the same rules, or ethics or moral codes as the people from Earth do. And we may not agree with them, as is showcased by Colonel O'Neill trying to keep Merrin from going through the Ovarium because he's of the opinion these children are mistreated and used for the greater good, but Galen or whatever his name is, does make a good point about the people from Earth not agreeing with their methods so they should change them.

In the end though, thanks to Jack taking Merrin out, they do change something when they learn how to teach the Euron children the slow method of learning. Perhaps, this way we did alter their way, even by a little.

It's certainly an interesting episode, with a fairly interesting point of view from both the Orbanians and the SGC.

Also, Carter and Merrin experimenting in the lab with the Naquadah reactor --

How would you rate SG-1's "Learning Curve?"

Excellent
                              Good
                              Fair
                              Poor
                              Terrible

Comment

I hate this episode with a fiery passion. It really ticks me off how SG1 and Jack think their way is the better way and they get the Orbians to assimilate to Earth culture. Also I get annoyed how they drop the Goa'uld leaving mid story. It's a rare terrible for me
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X