X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mparsons1981
    replied
    Just seen again on my re-watch.

Sorry, but Jack is an idiot in this episode.

Luck, I know this is Stargate and not Star Trek, so there is no prime directive etc, but the way Jack just presumes that his way is the right way and acts is just so out of line.

The main point to this is when he just rips up the painting Merrin has done, insisting she paints something 'she loves...' Utterly clueless.

And while yes, Merrin does ultimately return and her painting seems to stay with her it doesn't excuse his actions.

Yes, General Hammond mentions court martial, but Jacks line ' I got to show her what it means to be a kid...' is so insulting.

Look, i know in many ways the whole episode is actually discussing this issue and to a great point is not really falling down on one opinion or another, but....

Also, from today's perspective its odd to see Jack just walking onto a school premises like that!

Leave a comment:

• EvaWallE7744
    replied
    I don't think that the society was crippled or their advancement slowed by their interactions with sg-1 because they were utterly convinced that using nanites was safe and a vital part of their technology. Hopefully the only unintended change was that the children who gave away their nanites, and were therefore unable to receive new ones, would be taught by the adults and could take on a new role within their community.

Leave a comment:

• Purrcatnip
    replied
    I'm surprised this episode has such a low star rating. It is so thought-provoking and evoked emotions - so sad for Merrin and the kids but glad no future kids will be treated as knowledge banks.

Leave a comment:

• Rohan
    replied
    After watching this episode again, I just realized that the SGC crippled their entire society over sentiment.

There technological advancements had been slowed down now since they had reverted back to an older style of teaching. Yes, it makes room for imagination and innovation rather then strict coherence in their development and research. But it's kind of a shame considering what they could have achieved in such a short time frame.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Oh, sorry about the hard ones.

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    17:07

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by BethHG View Post
    18:57 for the puzzle. It seems that I skipped a few.
    Time to catch up...

Leave a comment:

• BethHG
    replied
    18:57 for the puzzle. It seems that I skipped a few.

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    The adults received Merrin's nanites (and her memories of school) and began to teach the Uronne children. That's not an error.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    3x05 Learning curve
    Kalan said the Uronne childrens can’t recive nanites after their Averium, but Tommin and the others were still playing in the school what Merrin learned on Earth.
    My comment: They were teaching each other on the old fashioned way.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I did poorly. 11 minutes and 18 seconds
    I did far worse by comparison: 19:55

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    It's a little larger than your usual puzzle and their are a lot of shades of black and gray

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Yikes, that basically means we're going to have an even harder time.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X