No announcement yet.

Secrets (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a galaxy-sized soft spot for this episode. I just love it. Another reminder why season 2 was so great.

Comment

This is a great episode with teal'c seamingly taking charge while daniel looks after his wife.
      The best part is near the end, as Carter and O'Neill come through the gate and O'Neill see's off Heru'ur. When Heru'ur leaves and the gate starts turning only for teal'c to say that must be apohis and O'Neills reaction "WHAT"

Comment

this is a good episode. i love that reaction from jack
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco View Post
          This is one of my favorite s2 episodes.

We get to see Sha're again, Apophis stops by, so does Heru'ur.

Love Jack throwing the knife at the end and Carter's line about 'You remembered that the sheild's deflective capabilities are directly proportional to the amount of kinetic energy.'
          Jack: 'yeah... right'

We also get to see one of my favorite secondary characters introduced: Jacob.
          I agree
          sigpic

Comment

I really liked how they showed Jack pull his hand out from under the reporters head and he had blood on it. It kinda felt to me like that was a physical representation on how Jack was feeling about it at the time (he had the reporter's blood literally and figuratively on his hands and. It made a big impact on me.

Did anyone else think it was strange of SG1 to talk about the ship still being on top of the temple and leaving anyway? Daniel knew the child was still there somewhere and that Heru'ur wanted it. All Heru'ur had was a sore hand and bruised ego so he could've still been a threat...
            Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 27 April 2010, 05:31 PM. Reason: You need to quote the posts you're replying to ! :) thanks :)

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice Otter View Post
              You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you.
              lol. That means they all have a reason to be...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Njboing View Post
                This is a great episode with teal'c seamingly taking charge while daniel looks after his wife.
                The best part is near the end, as Carter and O'Neill come through the gate and O'Neill see's off Heru'ur. When Heru'ur leaves and the gate starts turning only for teal'c to say that must be apohis and O'Neills reaction "WHAT"
                With Teal'c passed out and Sam was "zatting" all the horus guards that moved I was worried for Teal'c...

Comment

I love this episode. Jacob is one of my favorite characters, and this is a terrific first look. We can see what an impact Selmak has on him in later episodes and how his relationship grows and deepens.

I also really like seeing Daniel and Teal'c together. It's not a pairing we get very much. And of course it all revolves around Amunet/Sha're, which is what both draws them together and has the greatest potential to pull them apart.

As for Heru'er, I think he was one of the most wasted baddies in the series. He has a great look. He's set up as being supposedly super ruthless and scary, and as a son of Ra and Hathor (both killed by Jack) he could have been a great foe. But all he does is runaway and eventually get blown up (off camara) by Apophis. Very lame.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    I love this episode. Jacob is one of my favorite characters, and this is a terrific first look. We can see what an impact Selmak has on him in later episodes and how his relationship grows and deepens.

I also really like seeing Daniel and Teal'c together. It's not a pairing we get very much. And of course it all revolves around Amunet/Sha're, which is what both draws them together and has the greatest potential to pull them apart.

As for Heru'er, I think he was one of the most wasted baddies in the series. He has a great look. He's set up as being supposedly super ruthless and scary, and as a son of Ra and Hathor (both killed by Jack) he could have been a great foe. But all he does is runaway and eventually get blown up (off camara) by Apophis. Very lame.
                    I also liked the fact that they made Jacob a little tough in this episode. It makes the change later on a little more obvious. Out of all the guest characters I think Jacob is one of my favourites.

I like Daniel and Teal'c as a team by themselves. It gives the dynamic of the team a different spin. Watching this episode shows Daniel take charge a little more and shows Teal'c's dedication to the team despite his reservations. One of my favourite parts in this ep is where Sha're looks at them, but says nothing, giving Daniel (and us) a little bit of hope, even if it was only for awhile.

Comment

I saw this the other day. I like the scene at the end where Sha're doesn't reveal their position. I'm only curious as to how that would happen since it seemed that the Goa'uld was in control up until that point.
                      sigpic

Comment

Great episode, so much happened. Poor Sam and Daniel...
                        sigpic

Comment

Shar'e was such a bad actress though. Other than that, great episode.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                            I saw this the other day. I like the scene at the end where Sha're doesn't reveal their position. I'm only curious as to how that would happen since it seemed that the Goa'uld was in control up until that point.

Could it have been because they were trying to protect the child from Heru-ur...

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
                              Shar'e was such a bad actress though. Other than that, great episode.
                              I agree. I love the bits with Sam and Jack in washington, but anytime Sha're is one the screen I cringe.
                              Originally posted by Callista
                              Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                              Originally posted by HPMom
                              She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Very gripping for the regular viewer: it adds many details and twists to the ongoing storyline. I was disappointed that the journalistic investigation ended so abruptly: and is there not still the person who leaked the information in the first place?

I imagine that most casual viewers would be completely confused and uninterested in the byzantine goings on. And a pregnant, heavily robed Share is a big let-down from the sensual woman of the show's premiere.

6/10: above average for its exciting long term story developments, but it loses points for lacking its own epsiodic story.

Comment

Working...
                                X