X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed seeing Jacob for the 1st time.
    sigpic

Comment

Thier is something off about Secrets. I don't like the ease of how the reporter storyline of a leak is easily solved. Kind of convient he gets run over by a car and the leak issue from this episode is never raised again. I did like the introduction of Jacob of he is a stubborn man but does care about Sam. It provides an interesting contrast when Jacob is blended with Selmack.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Abydos story. It not only furthers the storyline as Daniel tries to find Sha're but it also gives us new insight into how the Goa'uld function in Biology and society. And the whole Jack throwing a knife at Her'ur always cracks me up.

Her'ur: You dare challenge me
      *Jack grabs knife attached to his uniform*
      Jack:I was thinking about it
      *Jack throws knife*
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Why did both jaffa disintegrate when only one of them had been zatted three times? Don't know why, but that bugs me every time (I yelled at the TV this evening, and my niece came out to see what was wrong).

Count me as another one who finds the Washington stuff more interesting than the Abydos stuff.

ETA: and I've always loved how clear RDA made it that Jack didn't believe Hammond at all.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          Why did both jaffa disintegrate when only one of them had been zatted three times? Don't know why, but that bugs me every time (I yelled at the TV this evening, and my niece came out to see what was wrong).

Count me as another one who finds the Washington stuff more interesting than the Abydos stuff.

ETA: and I've always loved how clear RDA made it that Jack didn't believe Hammond at all.

Seaboe
          Weren't the Jaffa touching? I think that's why they both disintegrated.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Thier is something off about Secrets. I don't like the ease of how the reporter storyline of a leak is easily solved. Kind of convient he gets run over by a car and the leak issue from this episode is never raised again.
            Whoever leaked the story to the reporter apparently realized that it was not such a good move, since said reporter was killed in "an accident". I don't doubt there was some off-screen investigation, but I think the person behind this all got a good warning out of the events.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Whoever leaked the story to the reporter apparently realized that it was not such a good move, since said reporter was killed in "an accident". I don't doubt there was some off-screen investigation, but I think the person behind this all got a good warning out of the events.
              Conspiracy theory? It was never shown if the accident was really an accident or not.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh please, it was too coincidental to be an accident. And I'm not one of those crazy people that sees a conspiracy every where they look, but this is too obvious. I assume they never clarified it because TPTB wouldn't want to risk putting the USAF and other parties involved in a bad light.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I don't think it would have put the Air Force in a bad light because I don't see them as the ones responsible. Maybe parts withing the bureaucracy of it but not the USAF as a whole. Whoever leaked the top secret intel either wanted to shut down the program, which anyone who wanted advanced alien tech would not do (like the USAF), or to rattle those in charge at the SGC. By that logic I think it was Senator Kinsey who either wanted the program shut down because he didn't like the fact that it was kept top secret and in the shadows, or he wanted to blackmail the SGC with the intel. On that last token it could have been rogue NID and the likes of Maybourne who leaked the intel to blackmail the SGC and then later killed the reporter when he got to far with his story and actually went to make it public. Or the rogue NID could have found out about the leak, had it come from Senator Kinsey trying to expose the program, and killed the reporter to silence his story. I think the last scenario makes to most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    Oh please, it was too coincidental to be an accident. And I'm not one of those crazy people that sees a conspiracy every where they look, but this is too obvious. I assume they never clarified it because TPTB wouldn't want to risk putting the USAF and other parties involved in a bad light.
                    Of course it was too concidental. But that does not mean their is an in story reason for the car accident. It could just be an issue the writers choose not adrees
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked this episode we got to see Jacob and Daniel returned to Abydos and found Sha're pregnant. Also the reporter was Agent Spender from the X-Files.
                      My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

I love Jacob and Sam's interactions in this episode. Even though they are only on screen together in a few scenes, I think it says so much about their relationship (one of my favorite of the whole series).

The whole conspiracy theory thing never really gets resolved in my opinion. We never really find out who the leak was, nor who made the "accident" happen. My thoughts are Kinsey was the leak and the NID cleaned up the mess, however
                        Spoiler:
                        Kinsey later conspires with the NID so who knows what really went on.

Comment

Another Sunday afternoon...another SG1 ep to catch up on.

1. What do you when you're watching S4 and you see the S2 ep where Jacob Carter is introduced for the first time. Laugh.

2. What do you do when one of the big reveals is Jacob having cancer? Laugh.

3. The Abydos scenes were certainly interesting though, what were Daniel's last moments with Sha're. Forgot that their plan A had been to get Shar're to Earth. As someone else said "if only".

4. Wasn't sure what to make of the reporter getting run over. Kinsey or someone connected to him is the obvious leak but who was responsible for running him over. Hammond certainly acted like he knew there was more to it than met the eye which briefly made me suspicious of him...OK...way OOC but who else knew about this guy?

Pretty solid ep.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                            2. What do you do when one of the big reveals is Jacob having cancer? Laugh.
                            Ya... you might be on your own, there...
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                              Ya... you might be on your own, there...
                              I too find this disconcerting...
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Remember I was watching S4 + the midchunk of S2 at the same time(on different channels). I already knew Jacob would go on to join the Tok'ra and have his cancer cured. So what was meant to be a big dramatic moment just didn't work for me.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X