Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasa cool way to end it, looking forward to the movies

Comment

Re-watched it again (don't ask how ). Still don't understand why the Asgard didn't just give us all their warships. I'll never understand that. I loved the musical montage, CCR! Love them! I loved seeing Ori ships wet themselves, would have loves to see Prior's face. Seeing that Ori ship die was awesome, it makes you wanna slap yo mama! <----LOL.... heard some black guy say that on "MTV Cribs",..I thought it was appropriate. Can't wait for movies.

Comment

just wondering, what date is this episode due to air in the US?
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
          just wondering, what date is this episode due to air in the US?
          June 15th, if I've worked it out right.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
            Negative. There skipping a first run episode on Memorial day weekend. So it will be the 22nd.

Comment

Why'd they dump the crew? The number one thing they need to deal with damage control and repairs in a fight is a crew. With unlimited supplies from the replicators food oxygen wouldn't be a problem. Thanks,

David

Comment

So they'll be safe, I reckon. That whole plan was a last resort; a fight to the death, as it were:

JACKSON: Who-whoa- wait a minute sir…I-if you're talking about destroying the ship…uh…*stares* we can't sacrifice the knowledge base of the Asgard. They-they trusted us with their legacy.

LANDRY: Doctor Jackson…this is not something I'm considering lightly. I'm assuming we can't take any of it with us.

CARTER: No sir…the core is too big to fit through the gate.

JACKSON: Well I for one am willing to stay and put up a fight. I think it's worth it.

LANDRY: Get us to 474. We'll beam the crew down to the surface, hopefully they'll be enough time for them to gate home before the Ori attack.

MITCHELL: and then what? I've said it before I am for fight to the death, but we need a plan…preferably one that avoids the too the death part…

LANDRY: We have an hour to come up with one…
                http://www.moon-catchin.net/gatenois...20unending.htm

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  So they'll be safe, I reckon. That whole plan was a last resort; a fight to the death, as it were:

http://www.moon-catchin.net/gatenois...20unending.htm
                  Exactly! Landry didn't want to chance sacrificing the crew as well. IMO, it was the right decision at the time.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                    One week off. It will air June 22nd.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I just watched it again too and in my book this will go down as one of the best series finales in history.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                        WoOO We are the FIFTH RACE After 9 seasons lol. The people of Earth are the fifth race, and 99.99999999% of them don't even know it.
                        haha, I think that's WHY we are the fifth race...
                        the Asgards only deals with 0.0000001 % of Earth people.

I just watched it today for the first time, and I was at first impressed by the Asgard's offer, and then I was even more impressed by this time bubble solution! I didn't expect their stay to last 50 years!! When I saw the first image of Landry as an old man, I had a shock. I was glad Stargate could still surprise me.
                        I thought Vala and Daniel would have children in the ship, but seeing how it ended, I understood the writers didn't want to introduce them, and then have them disappear.. But what if the children were the ones who stayed behind instead of Teal'c? (but then, when they're back in time, Sam wouldn't trust them to stop the action she was going to do...)

The end part was somehow less exciting for me..
                        Where were they going by Stargate?
                        I guess we'll know in the DVD movies.

Comment

What a fantastic epsiode.I knew the writers had it in them to do something truly good for our characters.

I look forward to the movies.

Comment

Morning,

First I have to say that I've seen every episode, bought the DVD's and definately realize that they need to hang us out there so we will watch the movies when they come out. I'm just pretty bored with the last few episodes and how they release the Ori killer weapon, ships come through the super gate and then the next episode is like oh well back to normal SG1 business.
                            I don't have as much knowledge of the show as probably all you folks but it alsmost like there going trought the motions right now.

Comment

Well, ipfnd, you're welcome to your opinion. I personally enjoyed the last few episodes of season 10, and the ending of "The Shroud" in particular (the episode I assume you're referring to). I loved how SG-1 won the battle... and didn't know if they'd succeeded in destroying the Ori, or whether it would make the slightest difference in their battle against the followers of the Ori. The whole question of "Does true faith require real, physical gods?" was, to my mind, a very serious subject which they treated well.

Please remember, plenty of early SG-1 episodes would have episodes about the main villain followed by stand-alone (sometimes even comedy) episodes, so this isn't a new thing. Even when it's the last ever season (again ), the writers will have plenty of episodes not related to the main villain, just for variety, and to allow the general public to watch most of the episodes without a comprehensive background knowledge of the show's entire ten year history. After all, a big percentage of the viewing figures are not made up of hardcore Stargate fans, but just casual viewers channel flicking.

Of course, if you didn't enjoy the most recent episodes, so be it. Just be aware that not everyone shares your opinions, and respect your fellow forum members.
                              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I completely agree with Calhoun. I think the writers made the effort not the wrap the show up to keep the SG-1 franchise alive despite the show being canceled.
                                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X