No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt she'll have the same amount of power as all of the Ori had, I'm sure that lots of Ori + followers = more power than 1 Ori + followers, that being said, she's still probably a lot more powerful than any other single ascended being out there...

Comment

Watching "Unending" right now.

Worst part - they offed the Asgard. I mean, geez. Second worst part, we hae too much technology now. It's like being given the Enterprise. They can just make anything they need if they run out? Pllus now they've got the handy-dandy time dilation device? Er....

Anyway, past those niggling parts (except for the Asgard, argh!) I've been enjoying the episode. Dodging potential flames, I can see Daniel and Vala as a couple so much easier than Sam and Jack. The emotional parts were handled well, although we didn't get to see a lot of Teal'c. However, of all the people there, he'd handle it the best as Jaffa are long-lived. Mitchell going a bit nuts made perfect sense as he had NOTHING to do.

Hmm, in 50 years, didn't daniel need a prescription change on his glasses? And oh, ahem, gee, both Vala and Sam would have gone through menopause too! (see, this is the influence of all those stupid drug ads I see on Skiffy).

While it was great, I still see time travel stuff like this as a copout as everything that happened (mostly) never transpired, although the good part is Teal'c remembers, and maybe there's a chance for Daniel and Vala again (Hey, I like 'em as a couple).

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus1208 View Post
        LOVED Unending, although i wished the Asgard did not die The only thing that I though they should have done is played the...you are the 5th race a little more dramatically.....it was such a moment in the 5th race and i thought they kind of rushed through it in this episode....but i loved how they ended it them going through the gate....INDEED!!!

RIP THOR
        I agree, I think that should have been a bigger more dramatic part of the episode. I miss Thor already

I enjoyed this episode well enough; I know somepeople thought it wasn't that great of a final for the show but I stopped seeeing it as a final becuase I can't get the movies out of my mind.

I felt bad for Sam being depressed for 50 years as well as Cameron too who had the most realict reaction out of the term.

I thought Daniel was really mean to Vala when he yelled at her and it seemed a little OOC to me. I can see why many people had a problem with it. I am glad they where happy together togehter for all those years after the way he treated her.

I feel bad for Teal'c not being able to tell his friends what happened on the ship and now being 50 years older then he was before. People have said he's now older then Bratac which I can't get over. I feel bad for him it's been 50 years since he last saw his son and his son it won't be very long, it's be hard all around.

The wigs in this episode liek so many of Stargate's wigs were horrible, just horrible. When everyone was going grey Cam had his hair styled much like his star trak hair from 200 but he looked younger then then the others so I don't know what was up with that. Old make up is always hard to do but I'm not sure I like how it made the boys look, it looked rather caked on at times and the wigs only made it look worse. I think Ben looks better old on Farscape, I can't say the same with CB becuase her character on Farscape was meant to be 100 years older then an already old John (ben) so I think her make up was okay but the wig was again just bad. I don't know why stargate's wigs got so bad becuase Sam's wig in season 1 was very good. The one in season 8 for Daniel (which I swear they reused for Cam in season 10) was just beyond horrible but worked for those two episodes in season eight. I really wish they had put out some money and did a better job on the hair and make up. Also why do mean always let their hair grow long? All three men let their hair grow longer in a horrible style which almost made me think they reused the wig just dring it different greys as needed. On Farscape John(ben) kept the his short hair but it was grey I and I loved that look. btw what happened to 1969 line about Daniel losing his hair when he got old from old cassie

I really liked the last scene in the gateroom, I felt that was a prefect last scene, I liked everyone saying 'indeed' all at once. I'm being nit pinky again but the only thing I didn't like was Landry telling the term "god speed", it way to much like something only Hammond said say like it's his catch phase. (like Jack & "for crying out loud")

Over all this episode felt like it should have ben longer and we should have seen more what happened on that ship in those 50 years. Part of me is waiting for Michael's next blog update to tell us another 20 mintues was cut from this episode.
        Last edited by angelfire east; 22 June 2007, 05:13 PM.
        Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
          Of course, if you didn't enjoy the most recent episodes, so be it. Just be aware that not everyone shares your opinions, and respect your fellow forum members.
          Why so defensive? I don't see anything in his comment that was disrespectful to fellow forum members. He stated his opinion, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
            I thought Vala and Daniel would have children in the ship, but seeing how it ended, I understood the writers didn't want to introduce them, and then have them disappear..
            I'd imagine that Daniel and Vala agreed that it would not be right to bring children into that world, where they were doomed (at least that is what Daniel and Vala would have been thinking during their child-bearing years) to eventually die in the exploding ship. It would be no life for children and I think that was why Vala was crying, knowing she and Daniel wouldn't have the life nor the babies they deserved. And they would have been such wonderful parents too.

I agree with the poster who thought it was OOC for Daniel to rage at Vala like that. It didn't feel right to me, either, but it was sweet afterward when he realized she was as in love with him as he was with her.

I'll really miss Vala. She was an interesting character.
            I wish she had her own show or would become part of the cast of the new Stargate series in the works.

Comment

I found that extremely moving at times. Tho have to say I think it was a tad cliché to have Mitchell be the one who goes stir crazy. It might have been more interesting had it been a less obvious character – Carter, maybe, since she must have felt wracked with guilt over getting them in that situation in the first place.

Sad there was no mention of O’Neill by Carter… or by anyone, for that matter. But given Carter’s emotionalism when he went missing in 100 Days and Paradise Lost I’d have expected some reaction. Though I am pretty sure that the ‘Life’s too short’ motto that ran throughout was a nod to RDA, ‘LTS’ being one of his favorite phrases. Hands up: I am a shipper and would have welcomed something, anything, though I didn’t really expect the PTB to chuck us a bone. Maybe in the movies…

I thought Daniel’s outburst to Vala was really powerful. Though my heart belongs to Colonel Jack, I have long thought MS to be the most gifted actor on the show by a country mile.

One thing though: they managed to use the Asgard thingummerbobber to manufacture food, water, a cello, bifocals for Carter. And no one thought to make some scissors materialize to spare us the wigs???????

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

I'm upset that they killed the Asgard, they were my favorite part of the series but I still enjoyed the episode very much. I'm looking forward to the movies.
                z

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin View Post

Sad there was no mention of O’Neill by Carter… or by anyone, for that matter. But given Carter’s emotionalism when he went missing in 100 Days and Paradise Lost I’d have expected some reaction. Though I am pretty sure that the ‘Life’s too short’ motto that ran throughout was a nod to RDA, ‘LTS’ being one of his favorite phrases. Hands up: I am a shipper and would have welcomed something, anything, though I didn’t really expect the PTB to chuck us a bone. Maybe in the movies…
                  i really wonder why sam or *anyone* didn't mention jack? the last blasted episode, and cooper couldn't let go of his anti s1-8 issues!?

i'll be watching this ep tonight, even though i've already 'seen' it when the brits did. it had some lovely and powerful scenes.

but jack... (((((((()))))))))

i'm not sad about this being the last ep, though, because it's not really been the stargate sg1 show i knew and loved for two seasons now. AND, with there being two sg1 movies coming out, AND, with sam going over to atlantis... it's not over yet.

((()))

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I understand what they were trying to do with this episode, but it really didn't make alot of sense to me.

If they could have simply flown away and dodged the beam to begin with, what was the point in usung the time dialation technology? Did I miss something?

And if the Asgard can download their consciousness into ships why not just make android bodys. By definition the Asgard AREN'T living organisms anyway because they do not reproduce. I don't understand the obsession with being organic or bust. There was simply no reason to kill them off, especially so spontaneously and out of the blue... that was just wrong and pointless.

It was decent and would have been an alright regular episode. They should have had 2 hours to flush it out more and brought in O'neil, Bratac, Hammond, and maybe some others into it. I was expecting an attack on Earth. Oh, well, maybe they're saving that for the movie(s).

Could have been worse... it could have been like Enterprise's finale.. ugh, that was HORRIBLE... it was the worse epis... ugh... I'm gonna hurl....

And it seems they are taking Elizabeth Weir of Atlantis and preplacing her with Samantha Carter. After 10 years of taping I'd be ready to take a break. Amanda Tapping is a trooper. That's kinda messed up taking away a main character... Carter AND Rodney? You can't have TWO brainiacs. Rodney is the smart one on Atlantis.

Comment

That was a great series finale. I still need time to digest it
                      Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Aquarian Paladin View Post

If they could have simply flown away and dodged the beam to begin with, what was the point in usung the time dialation technology? Did I miss something?

It was a little convoluted, but apparently the hyperdrive was unstable while being connected to the Asgard Core, so they wouldn't be able to jump to hyperspace until it was detached from the core and connected back to the ZPM, or something. However, that would've taken a lot of time.

The "flown away" shown at the end of the ep was actually the ship going into hyperspace, so it was a lot faster than just normal sublight travel, and thus it was able to dodge the Ori beam.

Comment

I liked the episode alot, but no matter what one thinks of it, its still better than what's left on SciFi Fridays. . . Painkiller Jane.

*Turns off TV and reaches for kleenex*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I've probably already said it before in this thread some time ago, but what a great ending to this show IMO. It is the end of an era (on tv anyways, not counting the soon to come movies), and I really think that TPTB did a great job on this episode. It was very emotional for me.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

OK i loved this episode but i have 2 nagging questions still in my head...
                              1st: Why didn't Odyssey use it's cloak to avoid the Ori ships? Unless the Asgard technology's unique signature could be sensed through the cloak as well...
                              2nd: After activating the time dilation device, why not repair the shields and let the beam hit the shield....was the beam at too close a range for a full repaired shield to hold?
                              I think i cried 3x during this episode....the whole Daniel/Vala thing was so beautiful *sniff* love them!!! And poor teal'c!!! Now he's WAY older than everyone and he has to deal with what's happened..if it were me, i would tell them what happened b/c i just pretend it's a dream i had...that won't change the future or make a paradox, i dont think?

Comment

Tears, laughter, tears, squeees, and more tears. That's how I explain tonights episode.

It was AWESOME that they brought back Thor for the final episode. He's the only Asgard deserving to be in the final episode, IMHO.

I can say anything wrong with it. I enjoyed it thoughly.

"Life's too short".... and so was SG-1, the series.
                                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X