Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by section31 View Post
    Well O'Neill is a two star general and the head of Homeworld Defence. Surely this would be ample reason for him to be on the mission to Orilla.
    It could also be ample reason for him not to go on the mission to Orilla, he's too valuable.

Does anyone know why Anderson will only be in one Stargate movie? A least they had Walter in the series finale.
    I think it's probably because the first movie deals with the Ori storyline which has nothing much to do with him.

Comment

I think it's probably because the first movie deals with the Ori storyline which has nothing much to do with him.
      I think O'Neill could be used in a cameo, for instance he could possibly brief SG-1 on the details of their mission, like Admiral Janeway briefed Picard in Star Trek Nemesis.
      ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Maybe, I just don't see the point...

Comment

[[/QUOTE=Lieut-Col. P@rick Durden;6501601]
          but in all seriousness the english just wish George Washington was their dad.[/QUOTE]

Completely OT I know....but wasn't he British?

Comment

Ive just watched Unending again and i noticed something -

Around 20 minutes in (before the time dilation device is activated), when only SG1 and Landry are on the ship and the shields fail after Ori attacks on the Odyssey, Tealc is shown extinguishing the flames behind Daniel when Daniel says shields are down etc. Then after the whole 50 years thing and Tealc goes 'back in time', we see that same scene again except a small bit is different - Daniel stumbles a bit (still same as before), then he gets up and looks behind and sees the fire raging behind him. Tealc is not there and the flames are burning.

This could explain kinda what happens to the past Tealc - he just.. isnt there.
            -- Brains12

Comment

*head explodes*

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                That, and he was contracted to only be in 5 eps BEFORE the cancellation order came down. It was probably too late to renegotiate everything for the episode, which was being shot only a month or so later.
                Plus, don't forget that Brad Wright said in the interview after the cancellation that the last episode of season 10 is THE SEASON's finale, not SERIES finale. I believe RDA will be in the FINAL movie, mini-series, whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by brains12 View Post
                  This could explain kinda what happens to the past Tealc - he just.. isnt there.
                  Old Sam enclosed Old Teal'c in a chroniton field to protect him from changes in the timeline caused by the temporal inversion wave she generated to reverse time within the dilation field. Once the inversion wave hit "young" Teal'c, in order to avoid a causality paradox, the timeline merged him with Old Teal'c...in effect, Young Teal'c became the younger version of Old Teal'c (because in order for Old Teal'c to exist there needs to have been a Young Teal'c that experienced the old 50-year timeline on board the ship).
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

^
                    Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
                    *head explodes*
                    -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by brains12 View Post
                      ^
                      Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
                      *head explodes*
                      Well, it's the answer to your question...

Comment

recap:
                        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                          Old Sam enclosed Old Teal'c in a chroniton field to protect him from changes in the timeline caused by the temporal inversion wave she generated to reverse time within the dilation field. Once the inversion wave hit "young" Teal'c, in order to avoid a causality paradox, the timeline merged him with Old Teal'c...in effect, Young Teal'c became the younger version of Old Teal'c (because in order for Old Teal'c to exist there needs to have been a Young Teal'c that experienced the old 50-year timeline on board the ship).
                          Merged? Are you sure he didn't just cease to exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
                            Plus, don't forget that Brad Wright said in the interview after the cancellation that the last episode of season 10 is THE SEASON's finale, not SERIES finale. I believe RDA will be in the FINAL movie, mini-series, whatever...
                            agreed. brad refused to say that this was the series finale as the movies will properly end it and he hopes they can do more if they sell well.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                              i agree. young teal'c simply merged with old teal'c to prevent a time parodox.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                Merged? Are you sure he didn't just cease to exist?
                                If Old Teal'c was from a completely different timeline, I'd agree with you, but the Old SG-1 never left the timeline, they just slowed down their piece of it (and then reversed their piece). Since only one entity can exist per timeline (unless one crosses into a different timeline, which did not occur) Young Teal'c would have to "become" Old Teal'c's younger self. Young Teal'c couldn't just cease to exist because Old Teal'c could not exist with a 50-year gap in his "existance-span." What would naturally have happened is Old Teal'c would have ceased to exist, but Sam's choroniton field forced the merging (or the switching of places by young and old, if you like) by effectively giving the timeline "no other choice" than to merge the two Teal'cs.

Comment

Working...
                                X