No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this was a really good place to end it. And TPTB knew there was a movie on the horizon to tie up the Ori plot-line. It was a very interesting conundrum to be in... I just wonder how Teal'c dealt seeing as he was the only one who remembered everything.

Comment

i wander that to since he knows and has seen things that he only knows. it is a fantastic ep
      sigpic

Comment

AND considering he and Carter had a 'thing' going... how does he cope with her not knowing anything? Poor Teal'c!

Comment

yea poor teal'c. i wander how he copes
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
            I dont understand how the paradox would happen if Teal'c told the team what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by xMetalDetectorx View Post
              I dont understand how the paradox would happen if Teal'c told the team what happened.
              What paradox are you referring to you? By turning back time, they created a means by which they were able to escape the Ori.
              The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by xMetalDetectorx View Post
                at the time something would have happen. but now i think he can tell them now that the ori are defeated
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Honestly, if I was Teal'c I don't think I would be able to continue going on missions with the SGC or being involved in the Jaffa government. After 50 years of being stuck on a ship I'm sure I would want to get away from all that and retire... come to think of it... do Jaffa even retire?
                  Meh.

Comment

lol i totally agree
                    sigpic

Comment

lol i totally agree
                      I can imagine him being asked to go on a mission by Gen. Landry and the response being "come on maannn, I've been on a freakin ship for 50 years! You go on the mission yourself!"
                      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                        I can imagine him being asked to go on a mission by Gen. Landry and the response being "come on maannn, I've been on a freakin ship for 50 years! You go on the mission yourself!"
                        I totally agree.
                        Perhaps he could do something about that...I don't know...if he really couldn't handle he could have used the device that replaced Mitchell's memories in "Collateral Damage". but I think the writters said "Teal'c is a strong man...sure he can take it"
                        Last edited by stargatelover4ever; 05 January 2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          at the time something would have happen. but now i think he can tell them now that the ori are defeated
                          The time dilation field only impacted the immediate area. Time progressed normally in the rest of the universe. Hence while those on the ship experienced 80 some odd years, those out side of it would only have experienced (figuratively) 8 seconds or so.

Hence, the events which led up to the defeat of the ORI and Adria wouldn't have occurred because they hadn't yet. Not to mention that those on the ship wouldn't have had contact with those outside of it so there was no way they could have been made aware of the events that transpired elsewhere (if any could have).
                          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

wow well said and well explained
                            sigpic

Comment

I was just wondering (and pardon if it's been asked before): couldn't they have used the 'matter' device (the one that made the cello and other stuff) to have made something to diffuse/absorb the incoming Ori beam?
                              Heck, couldn't Sam have replicated that 'homemade 'gate' that was once made in her basement w/ all that tech and knowledge in the Asgard database for the Ori beam to go into?

Still, it was a good episode, if a bit sad (mostly coz' it was the series finale)
                              sigpic

Comment

Noooo because then there would have been no need to go through 50 years with the team!

I do wonder if the writers think of ways out like using the matter device and facepalm themselves like "Man, why didn't we think of that?" Especially if the idea is much cooler than making you think that one of your 'ships has finally sailed only to have the rug pulled out from under you.
                                sigpic
                                Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
                                My Fanfiction I sail on certain 'ships, but try to avoid the fluff!

Comment

Working...
                                X