No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been a couple of months since I saw this episode. Decided to use my Sky + again and my tears don't stop. Why , oh why...

Comment

I was thinking about Teal'C.

Since he is the only one who actually remembers any of this (50 years worth of life, even in Earth yearth, it's quite a lot), I wonder how he can manage not to say anything about what happened in the ship! It would be a great torture for me to keep my mouth shut if I was in his place

Teal'c's fate reminded me of this episode of star trek DS9 where O'Brian is condamned to virtually live a fair number of years in prison (by memory implants). But here, he actually aged.

I'm curious to see in the upcoming DVD Movies, if they'll keep his patches of grey hair!

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
        I'm curious to see in the upcoming DVD Movies, if they'll keep his patches of grey hair!
        Spoiler:
        They do

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Spoiler:
          They do
          Spoiler:
          If he had dyed his hair black, I imagine him saying "because I'm worth it" to justify his actions.. like in a certain commercial... Teal'c showed a good knowledge of Earth TV!

Comment

Here are my thoughts:

Spoiler:

Ascended beings communicate with Non-Ascended beings (most often) by simply projecting themeselves onto the lower planes.

Adria is, after her ascension, THE Ori. She doesn't follow the rules of the Ancients and has all the strength that the Ori had, because her followers still exist and all their faith gives her the power the Ori once had.

As such, Adria could appear in many forms during the movie, since they ARE going to the Ori galaxy, including appearing with her former image to talk to SG1 or even to her followers.

In the end, when they probably do use the ark, Adria will lose the faith of all her people, which will result in an extreme loss of power, reducing her to simply being one ascended being against a collective. Once she loses the power that allowed her to equal the other Ascended Beings, she might be descended into a corporeal body.

Comment

It was a fitting end to 10 wonderful years. I only wish Jack was there, especially at the last meeting with Thor. That would have made the moment Thor passed the mantle of responsibilty for the protection of life in the Galaxy to the Fifth Race perfect.

It's going to be strange not having another season, ten years is a long time and Stargate had become a wonderful constant in the fickle TV world!

I'm now looking forward to the Ark of Truth as it will give us the Farscape 'Peacekeeper Wars' style finish that Stargate deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                It was a fitting end to 10 wonderful years.
                I absolutely agree- and as you said, I think the only thing that could have made it better was if Jack had been there. Such a wonderful team episode that really brought together the series as a whole. All of the characters had really lovely moments, and wow.....Teal'c. Didn't see that coming. I love that he is going to stay aged like that, and remember everything, hats off to the writers.

Comment

LOVED Unending, although i wished the Asgard did not die The only thing that I though they should have done is played the...you are the 5th race a little more dramatically.....it was such a moment in the 5th race and i thought they kind of rushed through it in this episode....but i loved how they ended it them going through the gate....INDEED!!!

RIP THOR

Comment

Eh? Rob Cooper ain't dead!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                      bob cooper is doing a fine job. leave him alone. and saying someone should die like that really isn't very nice.
                      Ditto.

Whatever you thought of the episode, that doesn't give the excuse to disrespect those involved in the production, and saying that someone "should die" certainly falls under the mantle of disrespect.

I though Cooper did a great job! I was very impressed with "Unending", it vastly exceeded my (admittedly) modest expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Pretty nice theory. Could very well be the case. We'll see soon enough.
                        Very well could be but with
                        Spoiler:
                        Morgan coming back I'm hoping for two things. If Adria is forced to decsend to follow SG-1 then I'm betting she will break the rules and keep her powers, so Morgan is forced to do the same but keeps her powers and the "Ultimate Battle" ensues with massive conseqences. If Adria remains Ascended I'm hoping for pretty much the same. A battle of Epic proportions between Adria and Morgan.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Folks, like or not what they've done, TPTB are real people. and things like 'they should die' even if meant in jest are not funny and are grounds for moderation.

Watch what you say.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think:

Spoiler:

Once SG1 activates the Ark and Adria loses the faith of her followers and is essentially reduced to the power of a single ascended being (which is still quite a lot) over on the Ori Galaxy, she will attempt to destroy SG1 in retribution.

The Other Ascended beings can't stop her, since they are on a different galaxy and distance does mean something to them, but either they sent Morgan, or she came by her choice, so that she would repent for having broken the rules before.

Morgan stops Adria from destroying Sg1 and holds her off until the other Ascended Beings arrive to overpower Adria and either destroy her or make her descend. I'd rather they destroy her for coolness sake (and so we can see how it looks).

Remember, the actress appearing does not mean her character will cease being ascended.

Comment

I really don't understand why people say that Adria have all the strenght/power that the Ori had now that She ascended. It really doesn't make any sense.

How could you *hold* the strenght/power of a hole community into a single person? We need to remember that the Ori, like the Ascended Ancients, are more that one ! They are a *Group* not a single person. It's hard to beleive that she could hold all of the Ori *Group*.

Granted, She now have super powers, but like any other ascended person. And we all know that the Ancients (as a *Group*) can stop her from using her new powers.

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Comment

the Ori act as a one entity, that's why Adria will have same amount of power...if the Ori are really dead. I hope they're alive

the Ancients won't stop her. She ascended herself and it's possible she has a same amount of power as the Ori once had (if they are dead. If not, it's possible they will protect her from the ascended Ancients)

look, the ascended Ancients are lazy bas**** and they won't destroy her unless she's capable of destroying them

there are many plot holes.. I think we'll never find out how it is on the ascended plane

BTW. forgive my english, I'm drunk
                                Last edited by g.o.d; 22 June 2007, 03:22 PM.
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X