No announcement yet.

Unending (1020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping that at somepoint, maybe in a few years we'll be able to get hold of the real script for the end of Season 10 and not the one that was put together to "finish" things off as the show had been cancelled, after all AoT was pretty much, imho, a condenced S11, Continuum could of just been a mid season 2 parter.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
      Oh, definitely. I hate it so much that for my own peace of mind I pretend it doesn't exist.

Not so long ago I wrote my own "little" rant about it, which can be found here. Funnily enough, my reasons for disliking it were different from the ones Sqrl gave..maybe we should make some "ultimate list of everything we hated in Unending"
      Man going and reading some of the prior discussions here I found a lot more reasons to dislike it =P

I won't update my rant but if what was said about RDA being on set is true...well that's just downright infuriating....

Comment

Originally posted by Jim of WVa View Post
        Ragnarök is old Norse for the twilight or death of the Norse gods (Asgard). Götterdämmerung is the German word for the same thing.
        Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Because the average viewer wouldn't have a clue what it means and the episode's main focus wasn't the death the Asgard
        You might if you'd seen the episode Red Sky. But then again as you say, the Asgard weren't the main focus. I hated that they were killed off this way.
        I refuse to believe this episode happened.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I refuse to believe this episode happened.
          same here. it was just visual fanfiction
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Not the same here, I loved Unending, I like even Sam in it because for once she isn't SuperSam, and of course I loved Daniel/Vala and seeing Mitchell's frustration. The only part I didn't like was the make up...
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

I can understand not liking an episode. I've had my fair share of what I thought were bad episodes But I never quite understood the rationality of I didn't like this episode it doesn't exist. Of course it exists it was aired on TV
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I can understand not liking an episode. I've had my fair share of what I thought were bad episodes But I never quite understood the rationality of I didn't like this episode it doesn't exist. Of course it exists it was aired on TV
                Hence the "I pretend it doesn't exist" and "it doesn't exist in my personal canon" clarifications

Besides Unending isn't just bad; it's atrociously bad
                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                sigpic
                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Canon is what the creator of said piece of fiction is canon. Fans don't get to chose what is canon and what isn't. Now fanon that is a different story.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Canon is what the creator of said piece of fiction is canon. Fans don't get to chose what is canon and what isn't. Now fanon that is a different story.
                    What you wrote is generally true, but there's a big "but" here. There's a difference between what each fan perceives as "canon" and what "fanon" is. I'd say that "personal canon" = "personal interpretation of canon events/characters" while fanon is an opinion/interpretation widely believed to be canon, popular with the big part of fandom.

Therefore, if I, just one fan, hate some episode to the point of ignoring its existance it doesn't make it fanon, because the rest of the fandom loves it. Obviously it also doesn't make it canon..so there's a need for some third term, and "personal canon" works for me.
                    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                    sigpic
                    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                      What you wrote is generally true, but there's a big "but" here. There's a difference between what each fan perceives as "canon" and what "fanon" is. I'd say that "personal canon" = "personal interpretation of canon events/characters" while fanon is an opinion/interpretation widely believed to be canon, popular with the big part of fandom.

Therefore, if I, just one fan, hate some episode to the point of ignoring its existance it doesn't make it fanon, because the rest of the fandom loves it. Obviously it also doesn't make it canon..so there's a need for some third term, and "personal canon" works for me.
                      Isn't just your opinion of the canon? Its still canon its just you don't like it.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

So what happens when canon says 2 (or many ) mutually exclusive things?
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          So what happens when canon says 2 (or many ) mutually exclusive things?
                          That sounds like a countinuity error.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Unending was by no means a terrible season ending, but it was not a very good series ending. I think Unending might be met with more kindness if it has just ended season 10, and not the entire series.
                            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

what i would've like to have seen was when they were all walking up the ramp to the stargate we had like a flashback to the end of the enemy within back in season where SG-1 was walking up the ramp and into the stargate. i think it would've made a good callback.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                what i would've like to have seen was when they were all walking up the ramp to the stargate we had like a flashback to the end of the enemy within back in season where SG-1 was walking up the ramp and into the stargate. i think it would've made a good callback.
                                What? 'flashback to the end of the enemy within back in season'? Have you been freebasing kitty litter?
                                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Working...
                                X