No announcement yet.

Talion (1017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c in this ep. is really bad guys!!! I don't like him so bad against his teammate, but good ep. I like to see Daniel cares about Brata'c and the little interaction between him and Vala....being me D/V shipper . I can't believe there are only three ep and then the end
    sigpic
    Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Don't remind me of this plz, I'm gonna cry (seriously)!

Comment

Remind me never to get on Teal'cs badside! This was a great ep but don't compare to Bounty and Bad Guys b/c you can't they are very different. Those were great standalones and this was a great main story arc ep. Loved T blowing up Arkad's henchman, loved how they confused us as to who Arkad was, noticed they reused the Bar from "Underground" SGA and also "Crusade", plus the CG from the first Felger ep. Still I overlook that as this was a 10/10. Everything was done just right and even though next weeks "Family Ties" will be a lighter ep I am still looking foward to it. Only 3 eps left! *Cries in pillow*
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Remind me never to get on Teal'cs badside! This was a great ep but don't compare to Bounty and Bad Guys b/c you can't they are very different. Those were great standalones and this was a great main story arc ep. Loved T blowing up Arkad's henchman, loved how they confused us as to who Arkad was, noticed they reused the Bar from "Underground" SGA and also "Crusade", plus the CG from the first Felger ep. Still I overlook that as this was a 10/10. Everything was done just right and even though next weeks "Family Ties" will be a lighter ep I am still looking foward to it. Only 3 eps left! *Cries in pillow*
          You can tell they were reusing CGI clips and trying to save money on this episode. (wonder what they are saving it for )

Awesome episode, I had my doubts beforehand but it was handled very well, they definently pulled no punches on this great send off to all the Jaffa/Teal'c storylines. We even got a little more back story to Teal'c and a great climax for the 10 season relationship between Teal'c and Bra'tac.

Little scared about Bra'tac in the begining, and I was glad to see he didn't bite the bullet.

Definently glad to see Teal'c beat up Cam, and glad to see SG-1 didn't come in and kill Arcad at the last second.

Bravo to Chris Judge for the awesome performance!

8/10

Only 3 left.
          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
            You can tell they were reusing CGI clips and trying to save money on this episode. (wonder what they are saving it for )

Awesome episode, I had my doubts beforehand but it was handled very well, they definently pulled no punches on this great send off to all the Jaffa/Teal'c storylines. We even got a little more back story to Teal'c and a great climax for the 10 season relationship between Teal'c and Bra'tac.

Little scared about Bra'tac in the begining, and I was glad to see he didn't bite the bullet.

Definently glad to see Teal'c beat up Cam, and glad to see SG-1 didn't come in and kill Arcad at the last second.

Bravo to Chris Judge for the awesome performance!
            8/10

Only 3 left.
            Yeah what in the world would they want to save money for? *drools at the thought of awsome cg in Dominion and Unending. Also agree on all points.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Slightly cliched, but much more enjoyable than the previous episode. I even felt a little bit of nostalgia when Teal'c was in the firefight with the Jaffa and the staff weapons and the armour

Comment

Wow, that was violent.

A very solid episode. The beginning was awesome, the ending was intense, the middle was a tad slow, but taken as a whole this was a great episode for Teal'c, and a great SG1 episode overall.

The points:

Teal'c. What's there to say? He was awesome. Deadpan, as usual with the humor, and yet ballistic and powerful, just as he's always supposed to be. You know through that calm exterior there's a warrior in there that's risen beyond simple anger and tantrums. There was no way Cam was going to win, although I did like that he tried. But going back to Teal'c, MAN! Chris Judge nailed this one! His confrontation with Landry was great...as with all of his interactions in this episode, actually. Well, you get what I mean; Teal'c was awesome.

Speaking of awesome, let's talk about Bra'tac. That ending, first of all, was one I've been waiting for for years. I think that one statement alone, about Teal'c being his "son", was what made me decide this to be the end of Teal'c's character arc on the series. Bra'tac has always been on his side as his mentor and friend, and throughout the series he slowly turned from that to Teal'c second father. I'm glad they finally mentioned it in this episode. Another Bra'tac highlight is, of course, the speech at the beginning. I almost cheered when he shut that little pipsqueak up. Seriously, what was the kid trying to pull?! Bra'tac made a speech worthy of them Great leaders that he's always been.

Archad. I haven't seen Eastenders, so it didn't bother me in that effect (if anything, he looked like Janitor from Scrubs ). After Bad Guys, it was nice to see a group of guest stars that were actually good, and Archad was damn good IMHO. The fight at the end, with the taunting, was made just that much better with him at the source of those words.

Now, the rest of SG1. This was a Teal'c episode so obviously they had less to do, but what they had they handled very well. It was nice seeing the concerns they had for Teal'c at the beginning, and their uneasiness at trying to capture Teal'c. I thought Cam was very consistant here; he's still the military man; he had to get the job done. The only action was to fight Teal'c. I though Browder played the conflict with this very well. I also have a sneaky suspicion that the guy who was by Teal'c side all the time was Daniel.

Finally, the fight. Damn, that was intense. It was hard watching Teal'c getting beaten up; but then, I guess the brutality was warrent in this; it was, after all, a revenge fight, not just a "he's the enemy! Fight him" fight. That sword thing was hard to stomach though.

Anyway, very solid episode, had me on the edge of my seat for a longwhile there. So, I'm giving it...

Score: 9/10

Comment

Hmmm, this sounds like it was a really good episode. I can't wait to see it. Also, I'm glad to know that Bra'tac doesn't die.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I certainly enjoyed this episode - Teal'c was awesome! Dark and brooding and ever-so-slightly out of control.

Mind you, when Bra'tac referred to him as 'the son I never had' I have to admit that I followed that up with an 'already knew that, Bra'tac'. It's always been hovering in the background a bit - at least to me - and it was great to hear it finally articulated. Bra'tac has always been one of my favourite recurring characters (him and Jacob -RIP-) so it was a lovely ending.

I was a bit 'heart in the mouth' after the explosion - particularly when they revealed that Bra'tac was in a coma. In some ways, I was a bit worried that he was going to end up dying or something. Very, very glad he didn't.

'Fraid I have to go with Gatebunny on Arkad. No disrespect to Craig Fairbrass here - it's just that (for me at least) he didn't seem to quite 'fit', particularly when he was in the Briefing room with Gen. Landry and SG-1. Perhaps it was the fact that I was sitting there watching him referring to the bombing on Dar Eshkalon thinking: 'Didn't he used to be in Eastenders?'.

Mind you, once the fisticuffs began - wow! Couldn't imagine his character doing that in Albert Square!

And then he made the classic mistake. Claiming credit for the big trauma in his enemy's life. Don't the bad guys ever learn? Doing that is the fastest known way of making a fallen goodie find the strength to beat you - often in a single blow that knocks you back onto something sharp and conveniently close by. Just like Teal'c did. Honestly. What a fool - throwing away his advantage by using an action movie cliché.

Great ep.
                    sigpic

Comment

I really liked this one...glad to see Teal'c's dark side again. I got misty eyed at that scene at the end with Bra'tac and Teal'c. And LOVED seeing Bra'tac in those civvies LOL...he looked like all he needed was a good cup of tea.

I haven't been this satisfied with a Jaffa episode for a while. I was afraid that they'd gone and killed Bra'tac (well who knows with TPTB these days) so I was immensely relieved to know he was alive. I can only handle so many recurring deaths...

And because he was easy on the eyes, I'd hoped Archad was a nice guy... blind-sighted me...hehe. I like how the team are portrayed as watching each other's backs...would have liked to see Landry's raised eyebrows as he read that report.

Highlight - "I am leaving. You are about to explode."

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                        I really liked this one...glad to see Teal'c's dark side again. I got misty eyed at that scene at the end with Bra'tac and Teal'c.
                        Join the club.

You shouldn't be embarassed, it was a genuinely touching scene.

Comment

A few thoughts.....

Great ep!

Rambo and Terminator ain't got nuttin on Teal'c!

Had to LOL when the bad guy was calling Teal'c old and slow after he'd been hit with a staff blast 5 minutes earlier. Wanted to see how he would do if he'd been hit too.

Classic bad guy error: Once you've thoughly beaten someone, you should fail entirely to mention to them that you killed their mother. Nothing good ever comes of it.
                          The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Good work with the teaser, Mr. Mikita! I was hooked immediately. Good sound editing also. Reminded me of The Changeling. It was also good that there weren't any briefing room scenes in the very beginning. That stopped the episode from being cardboard too early on.

So, Mitchell likes to touch a lot of people in this ep, including Dr. Lam. Hmmm... Flashback to The Ties That Bind?

The fight between Mitchell and Teal'c was very good. There was one sequence where I wondered why they didn't cut away from Mitchell's double being thrown around. The reason was because it wasn't a double at all, it was Browder! Great job! Also the fight between Arcad and Teal'c at the end. As the gym mat got bloodier and bloodier, I wondered how many not-internet viewers actually thought that Teal'c was gonna bite the dust. I know I was for a second, and I should have known better.

And OMG! The angle that the sword entered Arcad's body. Ouch! And Teal'c pushing and pushing. I mean I was prepared to see some gory scenes, but that was just... Ouch!

And the end... I had tears in my eyes. Well spoken, Bra'tac. It was borderline cheesy but well fitting to the whole episode.

For an SG-1 episode: 8/10 (but that's just because I usually don't care for Teal'c and the Jaffa)

For a Teal'c/Jaffa episode: 10/10. Best episode ever.
                            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I enjoyed this episode more then I expected when reading the spoilers. It was great to finally see Teal'c having something to do, I think the last time we had a proper Teal'c ep was in the beginning of S8. Some good action, really liked the fight at the end there, and decent storytelling too. Also a positive was that Bra'tac was in it, and didn't die ! If there is something that draw the final score down a bit is that I really felt Teal'c was out of character. We have seen him seek revenge before in the show but this was taking it a bit to far. He would never turn away from his friends, or do something that could harm them in any way. All in all though a solid and good ep, which is nice to see after 2 bad eps. Think I need to watch it again today though, was to tired when watching it last night . But for now I would give it a solid 7.5/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                                Is it just me or is it hard to take Dan From Eastenders seriously as an intergalactic warlord?
                                I thought that I knew him from somewhere, how did he get this position?

Comment

Working...
                                X