Talion (1017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    Is it just me or is it hard to take Dan From Eastenders seriously as an intergalactic warlord?
    I have to admit, when I finally realised it was him, I was shocked, and laughed! It was a bit hard, especially with the accent! Going up in the world though, Eastenders to Stargate not bad!

Overall, I liked the episode. Teal'c going MENTAL is fun. Though I would have liked to have seen more team interaction really. And I am really starting to not like the IOA. First they want to kill Daniel, now Teal'c! Is no-one safe in SG-1!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

I loved it, especially Teal'c's line
      Spoiler:
      I am leaving, you are going to explode.

This is the sort of humour that Stargate's best at - totally deadpan, not like the last couple of episodes, where they just seemed to be trying too hard. (Having said that Urgo is still my favourite episode.)
      Showing Arcad as exactly the same as Teal'c stopped just short of being heavy-handed, and gave the whole thing a nice comic book mini-series feel.

My only question is: Who was at Teal'c's bedside almost all the time (heavily tagged but not resolved)?

Comment

I loved this episode, sorry if that's an unpopular opinion. FINALLY a decent Teal'c ep, in which CJ proves why he got the acting job in the first place. I loved the whole team dynamic - they were close but not mushy, in fact the whole ep felt very ... real. And finally some issues like Teal'c's not so glorious past atrocities (yes, Cor'ai dealt with them but come on, he's killed thousands! it's just nice to see it's not forgotten because, oops, yeah, one ep was devoted to it), the status of the jaffa (not my fave plot line I admit but compelling when they do it right) and the status of the jaffa versus the humans of the galaxy and how they might not be seen as victims of the goa'uld but helpers.

As weird as that sounds it felt very organic and natural - the whump was real (my flatmate, not a stargater but a Parisian observing Pancake Day with me whilst watching, was wincing and asking why this wasn't on after nine pm - that sword scene *gasp* the fight scene - did anyone else hear bones crunching?!?!?!?!), the consquences were real (even if Bra'tac got better from those seemingly critical wounds pretty quickly), Cam got some good character growth with the lying to protect Teal'c ...

I'm a DV shipper, so I loved that closeness, but I also felt like yes, it was there, but it didn't get in the way. It was assumed and implied, but it was very... nice. This is what I want them to do with D&V, whether 'shippy or friends, I want them to be close but not overpowering the screen with the need to be obvious about it. Actually, I want this from all the character relationships and this ep nailed it.

Anyone know who scribed it?

And oh yes, not saying much wrong thread, but the almost open ending of new players with new toys and new tactics seriously sets up the next two episodes. I really hope they keep this tone - the dark with light moments kind of thing, because it worked really well.

[/end gush]

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
          it still would have worked.
          Yeah, but then that would have been the end of the episode, and Tealc would not have had revenge. If it was the real world, they would just beam them up all the time. But it isn't. it's TV. And Beaming up ALL the time get's boring.

Comment

Good episode, that fight scenes were very cool. Tealc got blown up, shot with 5 staff blasts, stabbed and beaten in one episode. Man he is tough! we havent had a Jaffa history/Tealc/Braytak episode since 4th horseman so it was a good episode. 4/5
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Is it just me or is it hard to take Dan From Eastenders seriously as an intergalactic warlord?
              Thanks!!! I knew I'd seen him before somewhere!!!
              Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
              The Strongest Will Survive!
              I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

solid episode, some parts I drifted but overall it was good, tealc's my favourite character so how could I not be happy . Oh and the jaffa with the cockney accent was funny to watch.

Comment

No not really because I can't really remember him as Dan that well but I do remember him being in Eastenders. I'm still hoping that Ross Kemp would lead a British team through the gate!

Originally posted by thewatcher View Post
                  My only question is: Who was at Teal'c's bedside almost all the time (heavily tagged but not resolved)?
                  I'm thinking it was either Ry'ac or Jack

Another great episode! I really thought Teal'c was dead at one point but then I remembered that CJ had signed for the movies

ETA: This revenge wasn't nearly as funny as his revenge against Tannith, just loved Teal'c's smile when he blew up Tanith's Al'kesh
                  Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by thewatcher View Post
                    I loved it, especially Teal'c's line
                    Spoiler:
                    I am leaving, you are going to explode.

lol that was hilarious and its about time someone kicked the crap out of Mitchell
                    great return to form IMO, the idea that there would be consequences for killing the bad guy, good stuff.
                    even though of course Teal'c was right in the end, i honestly thought he was going to die for a few moments there.

also raised the point that if your free you can choose to do whatever you want, even worship the Ori.
                    was kind of getting annoyed at the whole, "its good to be free, as long as you think this is wrong and this is right" thing that SG1 is doing, it seems to be a philosophy taken on board by the SGC as well as the Ori.

i know i know the Ori are evil hell bent on killing us all but i thought it was good how they made it seem like it was Arcads choice and who are the all mighty SG1 to tell him otherwise, freedom doesnt mean doing what someone else says is right.

best Teal'c ep to date and a damn sight better than the last couple of episodes.
                    Last edited by Phantom Limb; 20 February 2007, 01:13 PM.
                    To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

screencaps please

Comment

Sounds great. What's this about the Jaffa building ships for the Ori? Are they stupid? Would these ships be advanced Ha'taks or what exactly?

Also, I read the Odyssey was in this episode. They didn't happen to show or mention who was commanding it did they?

AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
                          Also, I read the Odyssey was in this episode. They didn't happen to show or mention who was commanding it did they?
                          Nope, just an exterior shot of it taking SG1 to Arcad's planet.

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy View Post
                            Thanks!!! I knew I'd seen him before somewhere!!!
                            I loved it!!! CJ is totally awesome! Totally beat the Cr@p out of Cam. But loved the bit...You're going to explode. Sweet!
                            Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                            The Strongest Will Survive!
                            I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

LOL! I knew i recognised him. What a legend. Now, anyone know who scar faced guy was?

I loved the violence in this episode. For once they didn't shy away from it. It was pretty hardcore for Stargate. Used to percection IMO. Right before Teal'c stabbed "Dan" i actually thought "If they don't show this... " Luckily i was proved wrong.

If you ignore a few plot points it was an awesome episode.

ETA: Did anyone else find the whole "should we attack before they attack us" thing a bit obvious even before Cam's "WMD" gag? If that line hadn't been used, it would've been nice and subtle as well. Ah well, a cracking episode.

ETA again... Dr. Lam. Yay!
                              Last edited by Anubis69; 20 February 2007, 01:34 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

A better ep than I was expecting, normally I find the Jaffa stuff boring but this was good. Nice to see Teal'c getting a decent role for once.

I've got to admit to enjoying watching Mitchell and Teal'c fight
                                I can't believe that Teal'c just pulled the sword from out of him and got up - the man is invincible.

I wondered at one point if they might kill Bra'tac off - there were rumours going round a while ago, but I'm so glad they haven't.

I found it hard to take seriously a Jaffa with a London accent (and I'm a Londoner myself) but I think Craig Fairbrass did a good job with the role.

All in all a good ep, and I can't believe there's only 3 left.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Working...
                                X