Talion (1017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John W View Post
    Yeah, even I was surprised at how gory and violent things got towards the end. Still, I can't blame the show's production staff if they're thinking, "Forget the censors, we've been cancelled so we'll do whatever we want now!" LOL!
    sigpic

Comment

This is one of the episodes, that just didn't work for me. Teal'c vs SG1?

"You're about to explode", that made me laugh though.

Mitchell should have been smart enough not to hit Teal'c, and why didn't he just zat him?
      The ending was average. It was good to see Bra'tec survive.

The actors and writers knew it was the last season, so the air went out of the balloon I guess.

I'm gonna watch the last three episodes now, with that in mind ...
      Last edited by Cluas; 18 February 2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Yeah, exactly what I needed to find a closure to the show. Another out-of-mind revenge story for Teal'c, only way more brutal and bloodier than the previous ones. If that had been the first Stargate Ep. I saw, I would never have watched another episode.
        It is a pathetic display for the franchise to deliver such ep. while the show is running out. They had confined themselves to certain standards and lines they would not cross over a period of 10 years. Doing so in the end is a betrayal of their own work and achievement.

Comment

Very much violence, maybe the characters had to act brutally because the end of the show was near and - well - some action never hurts. There are movies with more brutality and some lines are very funny.

SG1 against Teal'c - that was the order but some regulations were bent in the end.
          Good-bye Bra'tac - you were/are a nice fella!!
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Watching Sg-1, waiting for the countdown...I'm ready to see it come to an end.
            I liked Talion. It was excessively violent, but dealt with fractures in the Jaf'fa world, and Teal'c's revenge. He was very powerful and his actions were understandable. 'You are about to explode.' was delivered very well.

I also liked Bratac. He and Teal'c have such a dignified bond.
            As for Arcad, I thought he was a good villain. He certainly had tunnel vision, but had strength and cunning. Some have complained that Craig Fairbrass was miscast. I never saw him in anything else, and think he did good here. I thought about the Jaf'fa and their seemingly endless, petty struggles with each other.
            They remind me of someplace like Iraq. A strong, oppressive dictatorship ruled, was overthrown, but everyone then struggles for their own control, and many people would happily go back to an oligarchy because it's all they know. A lot of Jaf'fa hate the Tauri. it's a long habit, and when you think about it, to many Jaf'fa, we seem like another system lord, much as America, for all it's 'democracy' seem to be a relentless, cruel colonizer to people in the Middle East. When I see the Jaf'fa in that light, a lot of the internal dissension makes sense.
            Arcad offered ruthless, deadly violence. He also wants the Ori...perhaps they are a more favorable ruler, much like the system lords...at least they didn't humiliate his people in battle, like the Tauri did.
            Arcad's final battle with Teal'c was dramatic. He had a legitimate grievance since Teal'c's men killed his family. Again, tunnel vision. He also came near to killing Teal'c. I did think that it was hard to believe that after a direct thrust to his chest, Teal'c came back fighting. But we have to have a wrap-up.
            It was sad to have SG-1 go after Teal'c. it seemed like bad writing to have Cam take on Teal'c.

Comment

Could somebody confirm where can I find information about the mentioning of Atum? Theoratically Arkad was his First Prime, but I couldn't find this Goa'uld name in any transcript.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

You won't find any mention of him in the TV show. Sg-1 only said that Arkad was a First Prime that Teal'c once opposed, and it gave him a symbol we hadn't seen before. It didn't say who that symbol belonged to. That's something the roleplaying game filled in. That one wiki blends information from both sources and usually does very little if anything to distinguish where the info is coming from.

Comment

I believe his symbol was on that Jaffa symbol chart which was behind Daniel on his education video about the Goa'uld in an Stargate : Universe extra. But I haven't got a blueray, so the names are not readable on my dvd.

I have also checked the transcript of the next episode as they have mentioned Arkad there, but there is no sign of Atum.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I can't read it either, but the blur looks to be more than four characters long.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Haven't we done this episode already? I have lost track of how many times Teal'c has left SG1 in name of Jaffa honor or because he disagrees with the ways Taur do business. Seeing Teal'c going rogue is no big deal to me because it is not something that is completely new to me. Its been done before that Teal'c violence bored me. In addition I do not like how easy Teal'c took out the rest of SG1 so easily. It was unrealastic to me to see him not even struggle in the battle with Mitchell. It felt too one sided to me. The battle with Arkad was ridicilous to me as well. Teal'c is bleeding and near death and yet he still is able to have his impaled. Just a poorly executed and overdone episode
                      Another episode in which I am in agreement with Jelgate. This is the only episode that I have skipped in season 10 for this rewatch. It always felt a bit out of place to me, and didn’t give a good conclusion to the Jaffa storyline imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X