No announcement yet.

Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top episode. Combined off world "exploration", making a cool invention, developing the ori, and developing a number of relationships (no, not "ships").

Something Atlantis has been missing for a season and a half

As much as I like Atlantis, I think the better show was cancelled. (not that either show should be).

edit - I'll ask a question, are ori ships supposed to "charge" the main weapon? Was that ever implied or spoken of?
    Last edited by macktheknife; 17 January 2007, 03:23 AM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
      Anymore screencaps(Tomin's death, Ori fighters, etc...
      We dont get to see Tomin die, he rings Vala off the ship and that is the last we see of him.

Originally posted by macktheknife View Post
      edit - I'll ask a question, are ori ships supposed to "charge" the main weapon? Was that ever implied or spoken of?
      It seems that the Ori ships dont need to charge their main weapon, they can just fire it whenever they want.

The Ori satellite on the otherhand needed to charge but it was alot more powerful and made of less advanced materials.

Comment

Oh and I forgot to say, Cassie finally got a mention too!

Comment

few screenshots:
          Spoiler:

Last edited by g.o.d; 17 January 2007, 05:13 AM. Reason: spiolers
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

That was an awesome episode. The stand-out episode of season 9 for me was Crusade and Line In The Sand is the stand-out episode so far of this season (of the serious ones at least ). It makes sense that the two episodes have some common ties I suppose

It was good to see an episode that had some quite good, thoughtful and intelligent writing for a change. I'd come to terms with Stargate being more of a 'romp' these days (nothing wrong with that) and BSG has been filling my more complex needs, so it was nice to Stargate pop up in this level again. While I felt the allusions to real-life issues regarding religion were probably a bit heavy handed (nicely layered subtlety works best!) , it was nice to have them there.
            As was the fact that the innocent villagers actually got slaughtered for once! Have we ever seen that before on Stargate? Usually the baddies are about to kill the innocents when The Hero of the Episode steps up and issues a 'Let the villagers free - it is I who you want' challenge.

Also, very nice character stuff in an episode where the plot got to serve the characters (or at least the characters didn't serve the plot). Yay! That's how it should be! See, Stargate still can do that!

Acting stand-outs were Amanda Tapping and Tim Guinee (the guy who plays Tomin). Amanda was able to give probably the most convincing physical pain I've seen on the show (they usually make me laugh) and Tim Guinee gave his best performance on the show so far. Hopefully Tomin will be back soon.

Comment

That was a fantastic ep as good as the last.
              Thought Vala was really great in this ep and Tomin poor guy all confused and conflicted inside.
              Poor sam and good to see some one else get them out of the scinareo.
              Even Mitchelle was ok in this.
              sigpic

Comment

more

Spoiler:

Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

final part: sad ending...

Spoiler:

Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Good episode. It's a cross between Crusade and another SG episode that I didn't like, but I can't remember. But in this episode, more or less everything fit nicely. (Exceptions are listed below).

I was a little weird to see the team so enthusiastic inspite of Daniel missing. Granted, he wasn't needed in this episode, and the episode would have felt very different with him I guess, but I wonder whether "The Road Not Taken" might have been planned to come after Quest P2. We'll know next week.

Very good acting (or the script was just that good):
                    - Vala
                    - the female leader of the village (she reminded me a lot of Lost's Rose somehow)
                    - Mitchell
                    - Tomin

Bad acting (just IMO):
                    - Carter

I know, I've read a lot of other opinions in this thread, but I had to giggle all the way through while she was hit/hurt/fixed. It reminded me a lot of when I was a kid and played oh-I'm-injured-I'm-gonna-die. LOL. Okay, that might just be my insensitive side because I knew Carter wouldn't die. But it gave Ben Browder the opportunity to show what he can do (from the moment on Carter got shot until the last scene). In one of the OMG moments, he also touched his mouth/nose in a way Farscape's Crichton always did.

IMO best moment: When Tomin realised what the Prior was doing and wanted to say goodbye to Vala and send her off the ship. It was a little shippy without being cringeworthy. Good.

Speaking about the Prior: Good to see this one back after such a long time. Self-righteous a-hole. I only wondered (yet another time) why he can suddenly speak English. But that's just a minor thing.
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I owe Alan McCullough an apology. I've ripped his writing on past episodes, and I was dreading LitS because he was credited. But for me this was one of, if not the best ep of the past two seasons. It was intelligent, well-acted, suspenseful, and full of moments that I have always loved about the show.

My LJ

Comment

Nice pictures. Keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                          I thought this was easily one of the worst episodes I have ever seen, dull, predictable, slow. Dire. Such a disappointment after last weeks wonderful episode. Not one I will ever watch again.

Where was all the concern for a fallen comrade? Where was Vala and her healing device? Where have all the talented writers gone????
                          I agree that the episode was dull, predictable, slow and just dire overall. Sadly, I think that's pretty much par for the course for the series now and this doesn't even rank among the worst episodes.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so masochistic I want to watch every episode of the series. At least the end is in sight.
                          "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
                          "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

That was a great episode. Don't know why some of the above hated it saying "I will never watch it again blah blah blah" I will definatly watch it again once the DVD comes out.
                            I admit its not the best episode ever but it was still good.
                            Oh and Vala did not use her healing device as one she was on a spaceship, 2 Carter was out of phase and 3 i don't think she had it one her.

Ok...
                            Great Bits
                            -Close up of ori figther
                            -The drop ship style ring platform
                            -Close up of ori rings
                            -Tomin challanging the Prior (suprised the prior let him live to free Vala however lol).
                            -The ending with the bisket things.
                            - Renoulds was in it. The SG-1 version of Lorne lol

Good bits
                            - The ground battle
                            -The Out of phase stuff

Bad bits
                            - When the village disappeared you could see Grass in its place which would not happen? You would see a square hole in the ground and foundations.
                            -Cam never told the villager how to re-load. Which was not smart.
                            -Vala saying "we got a village to say" for some reason made me hate here for the 1rst time. dtrange!
                            sigpic
                            Banner Made By Me for Me
                            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Yeh I've just come home from uni and just watched it now!!

It was an ok episode but I sweard they always use the same settings!!

Anyway, Mitchell once again has absolutely no facial expressions. I swear he mus have had face surgery or summink!!
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                                I owe Alan McCullough an apology. I've ripped his writing on past episodes, and I was dreading LitS because he was credited. But for me this was one of, if not the best ep of the past two seasons. It was intelligent, well-acted, suspenseful, and full of moments that I have always loved about the show.
                                I'm not sure about the apology - Insiders comes to mind - but he certainly deserves some praise for this one. I completely agree it was an intelligent and complex script. Very character driven which isn't to everyone's cup of tea but very much to mine.

I loved it.

And the episode overall was fabulous; great performances from everyone, neat special effects. Could have done with a smidge more Daniel-is-missing reaction and poor Teal'c still doesn't get much to do but be captured and tortured but still great.
                                sigpic
                                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                                X