Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    I also really liked the end surprisingly, I don't know why, it just seemed a nice way to end it.

One thing struck me though, Tomin saying about the Priors mixing the Ori's words and changing it to suit the situation, I'm not sure why but this made me rethink the whole Ori are evil issue.
    True.

But what made me think was if the Orii created the Book of Origin to get the masses to bow down to them, and at the same time the priors have their own version of Origin's verses, then surely there is conflict when the followers read the Book in one way, and the priors/Orii see it in another way.

Interesing idea to put into this Orii storyline.

Comment

Good solid episode, Good plot all the way through and we got to see Ori Ground Troops and the Ori Rings. The Cam and Sam interacting was good all though I would have like to see more fighting action (just me though).

Could have mentioned Daniel more than half way through and we could have seen Sam fix the Device in stead of just assuming.

Good enough solid, one of the better episodes.

Bring on The Road Not Taken, and im waiting for the Anti's response.
      STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
      legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

A good ep, I thought. Not one of the best ever but better than others in
        S10.
        I was suprised they only mentioned Daniel once, but I guess they are just having to carry on as normal.

I didn't know Tomin was going to be in this ep and I'm someone who reads every spoiler going. I liked his interaction with Vala, they had some good moments, and it was good that he tried to stop the Prior from destroying the village. I hope we see him again, if not this season then in the first movie.

Liked the Sam/Cam scenes, didn't see them as "shippy" just really like the friendship between them, and yes Sam was great in this.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Well that confirms it for me - Peter DeLuise sure does like to ship Sam and Cam

Although there was that 'fishing' password comment

Cameron bakes - well he baked Sam some macaroons not that she liked them much.

The pacing seemed slow to me, after Quest part II which was quite tight. I loved that everyone had a role to play, and I did appreciate the continuity. Tomin, Vala's husband turning up, and the mentioning of Cassie.

It did bother me that the episode started with them all coming through the gate, happy and smiling. Surely there would be tension, a sense of working against the clock, if a member of their team was missing?

When the village disappeared - surely it was the houses and the area that was shifted entirely out of phase. So where would the grass have come from?

Also, the gates at the village. Big defensive gates that would have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot. But still they should have been shut - it might have helped them take down one more ori soldier.
          sigpic

Comment

I liked Col. Reynolds (thinks that's his name) comment when the town disappeared, 'We have the craziest job in the world' or something like that .

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
              Well that confirms it for me - Peter DeLuise sure does like to ship Sam and Cam
              far be it for a newb like me to comment on a "Ship" but i think Cam was trying to help a friend/coworker recover then flirt with her!
              ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Originally posted by skydragon786 View Post
                But what made me think was if the Orii created the Book of Origin to get the masses to bow down to them, and at the same time the priors have their own version of Origin's verses, then surely there is conflict when the followers read the Book in one way, and the priors/Orii see it in another way.
                Your comment is an interesting one and something that IMO can tie into any sort of following. For example, you will have the followers who believe absolutely without question what is written or told. You then have the group of people who choose to twist things to suit their needs and requirements, ie to manipulate others as in tonight's episode. Then you have the level who question what is told, they may have been believers, but now, like Tomin aren't so sure. And finally there is the level who don't believe what is told or shown to them, choosing to follow an entirely different path.

For me tonight's episode has made the Priors a little more interesting, although in some respects they are little bit like the System Lords, with the foot soldiers as the loyal Jaffa, some of whom begin to question their "Gods".

It has brought an interesting premise to what IMO has been quite staid and boring - we never saw the disillusionment of the Jaffa, it has only really been referred to - so it was a little different to see how the loyal followers could see or hear something that makes them sit back and think about what they have been doing.

Overall I loved Amanda's acting, and felt as others have said that you could very easily believe she was in pain. I liked the interaction between Sam and Cam, finally giving him something to do. I haven't taken to Vala, however, the way she was portrayed tonight has made me think that if she'd been like this from the start I would have probably liked the character alot. I did enjoy her interaction with Tomin, and it would have been nice to see him go with her and possibly then deal with the guilt of leaving the Prior/Ori beliefs behind.

Certainly, for me, one of the best (if not the best) episode of S10 - I haven't anticipated an SG-1 episode for a long time, and whilst predictable in parts I still enjoyed it.

8/10 from me.

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
                  far be it for a newb like me to comment on a "Ship" but i think Cam was trying to help a friend/coworker recover then flirt with her!
                  Yeah but on tv shows, whenever theres a scene between two characters of different genders...or even sometimes the same, some fans insist there is some romantic stuff behind it. 99% of the time there isnt

Comment

I thought this was easily one of the worst episodes I have ever seen, dull, predictable, slow. Dire. Such a disappointment after last weeks wonderful episode. Not one I will ever watch again.

Where was all the concern for a fallen comrade? Where was Vala and her healing device? Where have all the talented writers gone????
                    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                      I thought this was easily one of the worst episodes I have ever seen, dull, predictable, slow. Dire. Such a disappointment after last weeks wonderful episode. Not one I will ever watch again.

Where was all the concern for a fallen comrade? Where was Vala and her healing device? Where have all the talented writers gone????
                      well I predered this type of episode to an episode with them glum all episode, they know he isn't dead, so why be so down? Vala and her healing device were imprisoned aboard an Ori ship being taught the ways of origin...

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post

all good questions, but i think a more important one is "What do macaroons taste like"

These people are soldiers, they can't get swallowed in despite everytime a comrade falls! Even if Vala had a healing device she was in the wrong dimension to help Sam! and Talent is a matter of opinion (although this was far from my fave episode)

i think some time must have past between Quest II and Line in the sand, it would explain the work Sam did on Merlins clocking device and they contentment at the start of the episode despite Daniels absents!

happy? now someone give my a macaroon!

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Good ep

Not sure I like the idea that the Ori use rings. Thats says to me that the Asgard are more advanced in that area of tech. The fact that they had to drop the rings platform left me a little disappointed. apart from that no complaints.

Bring on "THE SHROUD"

Comment

Loved this episode, it gets a 10 from me. It'sjust getting better and better.

Seriously, It hink tis was even better than Quest part 2.

We saw some real Ori action, with the fighters and dropping the rings etc...

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              well I predered this type of episode to an episode with them glum all episode, they know he isn't dead, so why be so down? Vala and her healing device were imprisoned aboard an Ori ship being taught the ways of origin...

How do they know he isn't dead? Vala could have used the healing device back home on Earth, Carter told Mitchell that it would take her weeks to recover.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky Bob View Post
                                Good ep

Not sure I like the idea that the Ori use rings. Thats says to me that the Asgard are more advanced in that area of tech. The fact that they had to drop the rings platform left me a little disappointed. apart from that no complaints.

Bring on "THE SHROUD"
                                i agree, it was fun to watch though!

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Working...
                                X