No announcement yet.

Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the episode was really good, I'll give it an 8/10. Only thing is the Ori warriors remind me too much of the Jaffa. Grey bulky uniforms and staff weapons...

Comment

Originally posted by yammy View Post
      I think the Asgard are more advanced simply because they are still alive.

It stands to reason that the Ori who are new on the scene and have no opposition advanced enough to stand in their way to not necessarily need to further advance their technology.

The Asgard on the other hand have been around a further 5 million years and have acted as the 'over seer' of the Universe. They have built up enemies over that time e.g. replicators and have needed to advance their technology accordingly.

If I remember correctly there were 4 races about the same level, ancients, furlings, asgard and another I can't remember, 5 million years ago.
      I'm sorry, I was under the impression that at one point the Ancients and the Ori were the same race but the Ori later defected from the ancients and went off on their own.

But yes I know it was stated in an episode that the Ori only came to power in this galaxy after the fall of the Goa'uld. It would make sense if the Ori and the Ancients were originally the same race seeing as they both have learned to ascend.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Merlin hinted towards this, saying that the current ascended ancients were basically wrong in thier non interfererance policy when the Ori had become so dangerous, seeming to suggest they have a history.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
        I'm sorry, I was under the impression that at one point the Ancients and the Ori were the same race but the Ori later defected from the ancients and went off on their own.
        They were the same race, but it was the Ancients that split off and left the Ori...

Comment

It was a great episode. I laughed when Teal'C mowed down the Ori soldiers at the ring platform. We also learned Carter's personal directory password. We'll learn even more in the next episode about Carter.
          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I liked this episode very much.
            The best bits for me was Cameron operating on Carter and then at the end baking Macaroons for her.
            sigpic

Comment

Despite the fact that an invisible Cameron could have done much more than stay in the room, it was a wonderful episode with many powerful dialogues and great character moments.
              Love the shown friendship between Cameron and Sam and the squee-worthy moment between vala und Teal'c near the end.
              And great that they used this prior, who is the most impressive especially because of his voice. The scenes between him and Tomin worked mainly because of that.
              That's all folks.

Comment

what will happen to Tomin I hope he join the fight against the ori
                sigpic

So now that is why I call you names, like Carol, Jane and Sue. Like Moesha, Kim and Lilly and Susanne and Betty-Lou. See, regardless of the names I pick, my feelings are quite clear; you're a pain in every day of every month of every year.

Dr.cox Scrubs

Comment

[QUOTE=Gwin;6222193]Despite the fact that an invisible Cameron could have done much more than stay in the room[]/quote]
                  Hmpf, I take that back, I forgot that he and Sam can't touch anything outside the room, etc.

That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin View Post
                    Despite the fact that an invisible Cameron could have done much more than stay in the room, it was a wonderful episode with many powerful dialogues and great character moments.
                    Love the shown friendship between Cameron and Sam and the squee-worthy moment between vala und Teal'c near the end.
                    And great that they used this prior, who is the most impressive especially because of his voice. The scenes between him and Tomin worked mainly because of that.
                    Haha, yeah, Vala and Teal'c were very cute. I love that moment between them at the end.

Vala was utilized quite well and in a way that's way more understated than she's usually used. However, once again, Teal'c's usage was severely lacking. It's a very good thing Chris Judge is so good at playing the solid foundation of the team. Even when he's not the focus of the episode - which is often - he still manages to support with authority. Essentially, he rocks at what he does.

This was the first time in a long time (since one moment in Flesh and Blood, I think) when I could actually look at the dynamic between Sam and Cameron and think, "This just might work." There were no annoying moments, nothing that didn't ring true, no Jack-lite-isms. I can really see a buddy friendship working out for them in the long run. The end, specifically, was given just the right amount of pacing to make it a very poignant moment between the two of them.

I have to agree with Strix, who said that she'd pre-judged AM and was sorry for doing so. Though McCullough's work in S9 (and Insiders) speaks for itself, it would seem he's found a sort of combination that works wonders for the team and for the confusing Sam/Cam working relationship. What he didn't pull off in Insiders, he more than made up for in Line in the Sand. I'm impressed that he was able to accomplish in one episode what his colleagues haven't been able to accomplish in multiple eps.

It would seem he also penned TRNT, which...
                    Spoiler:
                    evidently will also have another "intense" Sam/Cameron moment

So I'm actually looking forward to see if the quality of this episode can be maintained next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Eriksen View Post
                      what will happen to Tomin I hope he join the fight against the ori
                      or will die saving Vala and another SG-1 members. Somehow I'm not able to see him turning against the Ori, against the Priors - perhaps after the manipulation of the Origin's text, but not against the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        Haha, yeah, Vala and Teal'c were very cute. I love that moment between them at the end.

Vala was utilized quite well and in a way that's way more understated than she's usually used. However, once again, Teal'c's usage was severely lacking. It's a very good thing Chris Judge is so good at playing the solid foundation of the team. Even when he's not the focus of the episode - which is often - he still manages to support with authority. Essentially, he rocks at what he does.

This was the first time in a long time (since one moment in Flesh and Blood, I think) when I could actually look at the dynamic between Sam and Cameron and think, "This just might work." There were no annoying moments, nothing that didn't ring true, no Jack-lite-isms. I can really see a buddy friendship working out for them in the long run. The end, specifically, was given just the right amount of pacing to make it a very poignant moment between the two of them.

I have to agree with Strix, who said that she'd pre-judged AM and was sorry for doing so. Though McCullough's work in S9 (and Insiders) speaks for itself, it would seem he's found a sort of combination that works wonders for the team and for the confusing Sam/Cam working relationship. What he didn't pull off in Insiders, he more than made up for in Line in the Sand. I'm impressed that he was able to accomplish in one episode what his colleagues haven't been able to accomplish in multiple eps.

It would seem he also penned TRNT, which...
                        Spoiler:
                        evidently will also have another "intense" Sam/Cameron moment

So I'm actually looking forward to see if the quality of this episode can be maintained next week.
                        All great points. I think though that AM was just working with what has already been established and did it well. I liked Insiders though so I wasnt surprised when this turned out to be a great ep. I too am looking forward to next week.
                        Last edited by Mitchell82; 19 January 2007, 10:18 PM.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Some great character developments with mitchell and vala in this and i loved amandas acting. it isn't often that carter gets shot other then with a zat or other sort of stun weapon. as weird as it sounds i liked seeing her being properly wounded for a change.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Some great character developments with mitchell and vala in this and i loved amandas acting. it isn't often that carter gets shot other then with a zat or other sort of stun weapon. as weird as it sounds i liked seeing her being properly wounded for a change.

I feel the same way. The more realistic nature of getting wounded was clearly portrayed in this episode---unusual for Stargate SG-1.

This is the best episode for me since the end of season 8. It felt much more like a good team episode and the acting by AT, BB, and CB was excellent. Good job by BB on portraying field surgery. I was particularly impressed by Amanda Tapping's work in this one.

The storyline itself was solid. What made the episode so good was the characterization of Sam, Cam, Vala and Tomin. I also appreciated Carter's words about science and faith, and that she had personal letters to Cassie and others in case of her death. Realistically, they are always in danger when they go off world, and this reminded me of that danger in a more realistic way than most episodes.

Comment

Very Good ep - enjoyed it lots. Second week in a row that i felt like i was watching old school SG-1 again.

No plotholes (that were obvious). Always a good sign in recent season SG-1 eps.

Sam - actually did something non techy! It's a miracle!!! I agree with others - nice to learn something new (her belief system) - nice for the mention of Cassy, and 'fishing'. Also, AT's acting - very good. Particularly the moment she was felled - i felt the pain. I felt like she might not make it.

Cam - not being reckless - you can tell he and Carter have become good friends. I thouroughly believed that that was how both characters would react in that situation.

Vala - second week in a row when i've liked her. Which is rare for me. The main reason i think being (rather bizarrely) that Daniel wasn't present. Their constant banter irritates me (something i hadn't realised prior to this one). Her and Tomin's scenes were excellent - and for a guest character only in 3 episodes so far, i really liked him.

Teal'c. Had slightly more to do than normal, and as normal did it well. I particularly liked his reaction to being betrayed. If I was that villager i'd be far more scared by Teal'c and any possible vengeance than i would by an entire fleet of Ori soldiers. CJ really has mastered how to express oneself without having to say anything.

The Prior - was probably the most interesting we've seen. He was an actual individual character as opposed to 'generic priest man'. Particularly compared to the wooden plank in the previous episode.

Nice to see rings of some sort. Though the CGI of them dropping from the fighter didn't convince me at all. Also, was it just me who got a wraith dart vibe from those ships?
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                                Very Good ep - enjoyed it lots. Second week in a row that i felt like i was watching old school SG-1 again.

No plotholes (that were obvious). Always a good sign in recent season SG-1 eps.

Sam - actually did something non techy! It's a miracle!!! I agree with others - nice to learn something new (her belief system) - nice for the mention of Cassy, and 'fishing'. Also, AT's acting - very good. Particularly the moment she was felled - i felt the pain. I felt like she might not make it.

Cam - not being reckless - you can tell he and Carter have become good friends. I thouroughly believed that that was how both characters would react in that situation.

Vala - second week in a row when i've liked her. Which is rare for me. The main reason i think being (rather bizarrely) that Daniel wasn't present. Their constant banter irritates me (something i hadn't realised prior to this one). Her and Tomin's scenes were excellent - and for a guest character only in 3 episodes so far, i really liked him.

Teal'c. Had slightly more to do than normal, and as normal did it well. I particularly liked his reaction to being betrayed. If I was that villager i'd be far more scared by Teal'c and any possible vengeance than i would by an entire fleet of Ori soldiers. CJ really has mastered how to express oneself without having to say anything.

The Prior - was probably the most interesting we've seen. He was an actual individual character as opposed to 'generic priest man'. Particularly compared to the wooden plank in the previous episode.

Nice to see rings of some sort. Though the CGI of them dropping from the fighter didn't convince me at all. Also, was it just me who got a wraith dart vibe from those ships?
                                I agree on all your points. This was a very well played team ep, with great interaction on all character's parts but especially Cam and Sam. I agree about the rings and similarities to Wraith darts but I thought that in Flesh and Blood when they first appeared. I have loved season 10 so far and this ep is defeinatly not in short supply of danger, emotion, and humor. This ep had everything I love about Stargate and then some.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X