No announcement yet.

Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow i'm really glad that i kept away from spoilers with this one, my heart almost missed a beat when Sam got shot! Amanda did a wonderful job of showing just how much Sam was hurt to the exstent that had me saying to myself, "don't give up Sam, fight there are people back home who love you!"
    Amanda once again showed us how Sam was feeling with out words, nice job
    Also Kudos to CB she has made Vala into someone that i'm finding "interesting"
    All in all great episode and some nice character moments for all.
    ......TARA......

Comment

Does this mean that we can just phase ourself and not get blown up by the Ori?
      Yes! We have a defence now, now we just need a good offensive weapon.
      "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
      of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
      Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
      because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
      of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
      another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Good episode. I really want to see more of the Ori now.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
          wouldn't the healing device have the same side effect as the big ol' Sarcouigus (sp?) it's the same tech, isn't it? remember "Need" when daniel went crazy?
          and remember that time Daniel found the Fountian of Youth and got kidnapped in S.America?

just a guess

That didn't stop Vala using it on a whole planet of people or a SG team. No, I think it was just another plot hole in a whole long line of them. Or a chance for Carter to have her own little cookie and comfort scene just like Daniel in FIAD.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

What a great episode, i loved it!

The character interaction was great and we have a defence against the Ori now!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              Oh, and why didn't they kill the guy who turned Teal'c over (can't remember his name, sorry)? He was one of those who resisted with force, wasn't he? So why wasn't he murdered with the rest?
              They're trying to drum in the difference between us and the Ori. The Ori do not 'do' forgiveness but we do. (I wanted him dead as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
                all good questions, but i think a more important one is "What do macaroons taste like"

These people are soldiers, they can't get swallowed in despite everytime a comrade falls! Even if Vala had a healing device she was in the wrong dimension to help Sam! and Talent is a matter of opinion (although this was far from my fave episode)

i think some time must have past between Quest II and Line in the sand, it would explain the work Sam did on Merlins clocking device and they contentment at the start of the episode despite Daniels absents!

happy? now someone give my a macaroon!
                Macaroon wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaroon

Interesting that it is a Jewish thing or could he be Scotttish?

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky Bob View Post
                  Good ep

Not sure I like the idea that the Ori use rings. Thats says to me that the Asgard are more advanced in that area of tech. The fact that they had to drop the rings platform left me a little disappointed. apart from that no complaints.

Bring on "THE SHROUD"
                  I think the Asgard are more advanced simply because they are still alive.

Technology is driven by war/conflict. The chinese were the most advanced society until China was united and conflicts were largely not an issue. The Europeans then proceeded to become the major powers due to many conflicts.

It stands to reason that the Ori who are new on the scene and have no opposition advanced enough to stand in their way to not necessarily need to further advance their technology.

The Asgard on the other hand have been around a further 5 million years and have acted as the 'over seer' of the Universe. They have built up enemies over that time e.g. replicators and have needed to advance their technology accordingly.

If I remember correctly there were 4 races about the same level, ancients, furlings, asgard and another I can't remember, 5 million years ago.

I enjoyed the episode but Sam should have been more sweaty and wet. Seriusly, if you're in that much pain then you'd sweat buckets even with morphine. I'm talking from personal experience.
                  Last edited by yammy; 17 January 2007, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Great episode

Comment

Well this is one of few times I must say it was a very good episode actually. I had read about how great Amanda's acting was here, and after watching I can only agree. Really great, even brilliant, and convincing acting from her part! I actually enjoyed all the charatcers here, and the interactions between them. This is the kind of Vala that I could enjoy on the show, she didn't get on my nerves a single time and she felt more of a strong character in this ep and I hope that will continue through the rest of the season and coming movies. Though I'm still not sure what to feel about the Ori army, didn't seem very interesting too me. I thought they were even easier to kill than the Jaffa were. And after a short while, they were pretty damn easy to kill. Do the Ori soldiers have no armour at all?? Still it was a very good ep for a change, looking forward to "Road not taken" now.

Comment

now we know that it is indeed a prior who controls the main weapon by means of a chair platform

Comment

Good episode even though it left me feeling confused in some places The episode just didn't feel like it came after The Quest simply because everyone is just too damn happy! Sam and Teal'c show like no concern at all but maybe that's just because they've been through the whole "losing Daniel" thing soooo many times, lol. Vala seems to have gotten a personality make over and while I am glad the uber ho that she protrayed is gone... it's also strange for her! I also don't recall the phase shifter Merlin devise, so that added to my confusion.

That phase shifter thing would be pretty nifty in Atlantis, wouldn't it? It seemed pretty easy for them to guess when a planet was going to be culled by watching the wraith ship movements, so IF they had that phase shifter doodad, they would have the ability to save an entire planet from being culled! Then add in the fact that if the planet appears empty, the wraith probably wouldn't go back there for a loooong time and that would go a long way for the "Lanteans" to start building some major goodwill in the Pegasis Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy View Post
                            I think the Asgard are more advanced simply because they are still alive.

Technology is driven by war/conflict. The chinese were the most advanced society until China was united and conflicts were largely not an issue. The Europeans then proceeded to become the major powers due to many conflicts.

It stands to reason that the Ori who are new on the scene and have no opposition advanced enough to stand in their way to not necessarily need to further advance their technology.

The Asgard on the other hand have been around a further 5 million years and have acted as the 'over seer' of the Universe. They have built up enemies over that time e.g. replicators and have needed to advance their technology accordingly.

If I remember correctly there were 4 races about the same level, ancients, furlings, asgard and another I can't remember, 5 million years ago.

I enjoyed the episode but Sam should have been more sweaty and wet. Seriusly, if you're in that much pain then you'd sweat buckets even with morphine. I'm talking from personal experience.

Well if that were the case why is there shield and weapons so much more advanced then everyone elses.

The Transporter is not primeraly an instrument of war and have larger benefits if you didn't need to send them to another on the ground platform.

Comment

this was a brill episode the moments between sam and cam, the ori fighter's are cool and the ring platform is nice just nice to see the ori fighter's in action and cam did say they lost jackson when carter said she was gonna die

over all good episode

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveMe View Post
                                Sam and Teal'c show like no concern at all but maybe that's just because they've been through the whole "losing Daniel" thing soooo many times
                                Can you blame them Dont get me wrong I am sure they are worried about Daniel but the outcome is always the same & they know that & Mitchell & Vala is still getting used to the whole Daniel keeps coming back thing

Originally posted by ILoveMe View Post
                                I also don't recall the phase shifter Merlin devise
                                It was introduced before so no its not a plot hole or a magical thing that just showed up for this episode

Comment

Working...
                                X