Memento Mori (1008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Mod Snip}
    Seriously, this ep was really a mixed bag. Loved this Vala. But Vala's been growing on me anyway. (Still can't stand the S9 stuff though. I thought I was going to barf though those Vala intro clips in the "Behind the Scenes of 200".) The plot was paper thin lol! T'was written on paper... and the action scenes were not ridiculous, not ludicrous, but went all the way to plaid had to get the obligatory Spaceball reference in..suse loves Spaceballs as in overshot cheesy by at least a week.

Suse
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 08 September 2006, 10:11 PM. Reason: off topic portions removed
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      I enjoyed tonights ep, I was entertained and Vala did a good job of it.

Can't remember it but it felt like a fanfic that I read sometime ago except the character was Sam. Sam was a waitress and SG1/Jack went looking for her.

Ok, question, who is the spy in SGC. It seems that the Trust were always ahead of SG1 in everything. The spy must be way up high in SGC to get all the info that fast.
      Maybe it's Walter.

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Nope. Not gonna do it. I really don't like getting headaches from message boards. Sorry for anyone who might be replying to the message pre edit.

I can't think of much to say about the episode itself (dull pretty much summed it up for me) but I will try to keep my comments strictly to the episode and not anything else from now on.
        Last edited by Dani347; 08 September 2006, 09:27 PM.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
          Some generally good moments in a generally bad episode. Not good folks. I'm really hoping S10 gets out of this habit of "good-bad-good-bad".

5/10 from me.
          I agree.This episode felt like an episode of "T.J. Hooker". Boring writing, mundane film technique...I also thought Claudia Black's make-up and lighting in the interrogation scene were very unflattering.

...I'm trying to think of a good moment. I guess the pants joke.
          Last edited by Hatusu; 08 September 2006, 09:41 PM.
          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by suse
            That's not so. I loved to hate the show before they cancelled it too!

Seriously, this ep was really a mixed bag. Loved this Vala. But Vala's been growing on me anyway. (Still can't stand the S9 stuff though. I thought I was going to barf though those Vala intro clips in the "Behind the Scenes of 200".) The plot was paper thin lol! T'was written on paper... and the action scenes were not ridiculous, not ludicrous, but went all the way to plaid had to get the obligatory Spaceball reference in..suse loves Spaceballs as in overshot cheesy by at least a week.

Suse
            See I loved all that. *sigh* Oh well we all have our own opinions.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              Agreed, but nothing can beat Emancipation as worst episode ever. Damn did that episode suck.
              Think about the fact that you are a guy saying you didn't like "Emancipation". I disagree, but then I'm a woman.

Comment

the episode made me teary eyed, that doesnt happen much but the show hit a poignent string. i loved it.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                  I agree.This episode felt like an episode of "TJ Hooker". Boring writing, mundane film technique...I also thought Claudia Black's make-up and lighting in the interrogation scene were very unflattering.

...I'm trying to think of a good moment. I guess the pants joke.

LOL. I came up with "Hunter" but "TJ Hooker" works. It's all cheesy 80's cop show workmanship. I'd even go for "The A-Team"

I didn't notice Claudia's make-up til she was a waitress. Then I laughed at the caked on green(?) eyeshadow. It' soooo fit with the character's situation. And I'm sure it was an homage to something. Flo in "Alice" even...

Yes, the pants joke was good. Leaves an entirely different impression of you're a Brit though...

CB did a great job emoting when she was holding a gun on Daniel. And with the cop. And overall.

Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I liked it. Not bad for an Earth episode. Biggest let down was that CB and MJ had some good interaction going there, good character going, and then it went elsewhere and got superficial (i.e, off to the races of the main plot).

I was impressed by CB in the dinner scene. Not often she gets to radiate a little.

What was the first Cam-pants loss??
                    Frak! --Apollo
                    Frak you. --Cain
                    FRAK Me! --Kat
                    frakwit! --Tyrol
                    B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

in the motel scene, anyone notice cam's hand being moved up and down between the front and back camera views?
                      i enjoyed this episode, but i dont like how there's a new villain on earth since that'll make closing the show harder

Comment

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!
                        So the show is suddenly getting canceled and Stargate fans are becoming Stargate haters. That's not to say that you have to like every episode. But because this episode didn't take place in a space ship with explosions and tons of action it becomes a bad episode? I used to think Stargate wasn't about explosions or space ships. I thought it was supposed to be about characters and plot development. We got that here. We even got team bonding...
                        You made a good point, but I just didn't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                          Ok, question, who is the spy in SGC. It seems that the Trust were always ahead of SG1 in everything. The spy must be way up high in SGC to get all the info that fast.
                          In S9 in one of the Ba'al eps they said that they had compromised the secure communications network of the military. So unless the good guys found out about it and shut it down then this is probably how it was done.

If it hadn't of been for CB then I would have turned this one off - definitely a big
                          MEH
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by suse

Yes, the pants joke was good. Leaves an entirely different impression of you're a Brit though...

Suse

I'm guessing pants = underwear?
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

This ep had potential if it didn't have the quick jumps in the story line making it wobble all over the place.

Was the center focus was supposed to be:
                              Vala having some buried useful knowledge/Vala's backstory/Vala character development/The Trust?

Good moments:
                              Vala running on instincts to defend herself and the demonstration that her natural persona is to be honest and modest.
                              Cam jumping into action
                              The motel scenes
                              The warehouse scene between Daniel and Vala (stamps feet screaming its not a ship!) when her memory comes back.

All in all it was not a horrible ep. In my book that would be Wormhole X and Citizen Joe. 5 maybe 6/10.
                              A Symbiote

Comment

Originally posted by Mesenet
                                This ep had potential if it didn't have the quick jumps in the story line making it wobble all over the place.

Was the center focus was supposed to be:
                                Vala having some buried useful knowledge/Vala's backstory/Vala character development/The Trust?

Good moments:
                                Vala running on instincts to defend herself and the demonstration that her natural persona is to be honest and modest.
                                Cam jumping into action
                                The motel scenes
                                The warehouse scene between Daniel and Vala (stamps feet screaming its not a ship!) when her memory comes back.

All in all it was not a horrible ep. In my book that would be Wormhole X and Citizen Joe. 5 maybe 6/10.
                                I loved those episodes as well and since I love Vala loved this ep. Not the best ever but still a top 5.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X