No announcement yet.

Memento Mori (1008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not like this episode didn't have any action. It had plenty IMO. We just didn't have ships flying all over the place, and explosions every 3 minutes. I have no problem at all with episodes like this one was.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

For me it was like this...

Pros:

-Great Daniel/Vala Scenes

-Firefights were well done

-Cam going after Vala

-Cam and Vala and the whole bed situation

-Cams one zat blast (you know the one im talking about)

Cons:

-Vala being mysteriously bumped up to SG-1, where'd this come from?

-The Trust rigging the warehouse to blow...wouldn't that of potentially killed Vala?

-The SGC giving out information on an insecure channel which led to the Trust figuring out where she is.

Joe and Paul are starting to lose their edge I think, I've loved a lot of their past episodes but...it just seems like they're getting tired of writing (for SG-1 at least), IMHO.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by FerCryinOutLoud!
        I'm just pointing out the inconsistency in the negative comments being said about a perfectly good, character developing, non-action based episode.
        Er, you see the inconsistency just because you thought it was a perfectly good ep and apparently expect everyone to see the same. For others who thought the ep was so-so or utter crap, negative comments from them are completely consistent. Unless I'm missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          Oh, and for the factual nitpickers, look close during the cycle chase...and the road sign to Surrey *ahem* they're only 2,000 miles off
          That and the fact that no one in Colorado uses the term "freeway." The detective should have said "highway."
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            It's not like this episode didn't have any action. It had plenty IMO. We just didn't have ships flying all over the place, and explosions every 3 minutes. I have no problem at all with episodes like this one was.
            I like these types of episodes as well. We learned more about the Trust and Vala. Also, we got to see how much the team truly cares for one another and most importantly, SG-1 became a five-person team (finally) Anyways, the story had substance and built up the relationship SG-1 has as a team. I give it 9/10. Plus once again, the Personnel/Agent body count went up again. TPTB are more than happy to kill off a few government personnel from time to time.
            "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
              That and the fact that no one in Colorado uses the term "freeway." The detective should have said "highway."
              This is true. I scratched my head at that moment as well.
              sigpic

Comment

I liked it. Hey, it's SG1 for crying out loud. Like marriage, there are good times and bad times, but when you step back and look at the big picture, it's all about the love affair. I'm in love with SG1. I'll happily take whatever they give me and be grateful. I'm not going to tear apart every episode and examine each thread for a yea or nay, and I'm certainly not gonna use one episode to decide if I'm gonna bother watching the next. Gimme more SG1, that's all I ask. Keep it coming. Earthbound, in space, this ship, that ship, heroics, jokes, aliens, too much Cam, not enough Jack- just gimme gimme gimme. I'm in this for the long haul...

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
                  Really? No one? I don't know about that statement.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    How did Vala earn a place as an official member of SG-1? What did she do tonight? I don't begrudge her participation in SGC but her rise to SG-1 member is baffling to me. Seems too early.
                    I didn't get that either — Sam said "You earned it." I didn't see that she did anything to earn it, especially in this episode, other than get kidnapped.

A few funny moments; I thought Claudia did a fine job, and I liked Sam teasing Mitchell about losing his pants. Like Sky, I also wondered about the car crash — not a scratch on Vala. Generally, it didn't hold my interest - not a well-written episode, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      Really? No one? I don't know about that statement.
                      Its a rarely used term here, believe me. Its not totally out of the question but still...
                      sigpic

Comment

Good episode. Really liked the part with Teal'c, how quickly he got the information, after all that what I've seen, yada yada yada stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                          Its a rarely used term here, believe me. Its not totally out of the question but still...
                          I'm just saying. It's amazing the things we nitpick over sometimes.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                            Good episode. Really liked the part with Teal'c, how quickly he got the information, after all that what I've seen, yada yada yada stuff.
                            I want to know what Teal'c whispered in that guy's ear. *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I liked this episode a lot also. It didnt have the explosions or anything but I thought it was very well written. Good ep.

I was wondering why the deli owner looked familliar!
                              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                I want to know what Teal'c whispered in that guy's ear. *LOL*
                                I'm sure a lot of us do. Whatever it was, it was very effective. They should have him interrogate people from now on. He's obviously darn good at it.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X