Memento Mori (1008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
    That and the fact that no one in Colorado uses the term "freeway." The detective should have said "highway."
    Probably one of the many Californians who have moved there.

Comment

This episode has some good moments, the motorcycle chase, the motel scene, when Cam shot the zat blast down the beam, but overall not a good episode. The story really suffered. Amnesia has been done to death more than zombies in scifi and numerous plot holes ruined it for me.
      O'Neill: They didn't go for it.
      Carter: They didn't approve the mission?
      O'Neill: Oh, no they did that. Once they knew the stakes and the whole fate of the universe stuff. Both the President and Hammond realized we had no choice. He sends good luck, godspeed, all those things he says when he thinks we're gonna die.
      Carter: So what didn't they go for?
      O'Neill: The name I suggested.
      Carter: For the ship?
      O'Neill: Yeah.
      Carter: Yeah. Sir, we can't call it the 'Enterprise'.
      O'Neill: Why Not?!
      -Unnatural Selection

Comment

I liked this episode. I really loved seeing Vala off base..! I have to admit, I'm not really much of a shipper, but somehow I really like the idea of Daniel and Vala getting together. I don't know... there is something about the fact that Vala used to be a Goa'uld host (Sha're anyone? Sort of a 'closer' thing...), and the relationship the two have developed that I like. I think Daniel likes her too, but he's sort of trying to deny it. Everyone else sees it though... Also, I think they are good for each other in the long run. They sort of anchor each other in some ways.

Hey! What about that car/motorcycle (go Cam..! ) chase scene..! I LOVED that..! Not often you get to see that on Stargate..! It was great..! Nice to see Vala getting to be an actual SG-1 member now. I guess she's finally begun to earn more trust from everyone. On a postive note, I think that this just serves to cement Vala's commitment to being a part of the SGC. I think deep down it is really good medicine for her soul to actually be living among people who care about her, and even trust her to some degree. I think it is helping her to recover some of what she'd lost as a result of being taken as a host, from whatever people she originally came from. She finally has a home again.
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          Agreed, but nothing can beat Emancipation as worst episode ever. Damn did that episode suck.

Sorry to disagree with you. It was an ep that explored a debate amongst one's own culture. But more importantly - it was the first character exploration of Sam Carter. It showed that she could kick butt!
          A Symbiote

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus
            While it was not an action packed episode, I did enjoy this one. I thought that CB did a fantastic job showing her confusion at what was going on when she had to. It showed me a lot about her ingrained survival instincts.

Loved the explosion out of the warehouse and Mitchell's shooting the metal shelf to get the guy.

The episode as a whole seemed a bit "surface". It seemed as if they would touch on something then move along to the next thing. I am glad they did spend some time Mitchell handcuffed to the bed, shirtless *sorry for the fangirlie moment*

Wonder what Teal'c said to get the information they needed?

Was that the first Stargate car crash ever?

LOL! I'd think the writer/director would disagree with you about how action-packed the ep was. Car roll! reminded me of Hunter (cheesy 80's tv!)Motorcycle chase! awful footage cuts with correspondingly awful motorcycle sound that should have been looped in an overall awful "have the stunt double pop a wheelie so our hero looks more heroic" way. Vala takes down the robbers! speaking of stunt doubles and poor editting... I agree with you however. What action there was was laughable. And mockable. But then. that describes much of the last 2 seasons for me.

For heaven sake, Mitchell's been hurt worse that that in the field and got back up to fight.I think Poor baby. But I suppose that didn't go along with the plot. Or perhaps that only happens off-planet.

I didn't mind Mitchell handcuffed to the bed either. Shirtless/pantless was a bit much. Sorry, I don't have fangirl moments with Mitchell. Though Sam razzing him about it was funny. There and in front of Landry at the end.

I spent a whole lot of time rolling my eyes. And pointing out how many times they used the same stretch of road and warehouse (looks like the same place they filmed Sateda).

As soon as Vala started taking the order at the beginning I dubbed her "Flo" and Sal was "Mel". That solidified when she popped the gum later.

Oy. I'm honestly not sure what to rate this. Loved CB. Disliked and mockedway too many parts to give it a high score. No idea. have to think more about it. Or not. <shrug>

To end on a positive note: I enjoyed Claudia Black in this episode. Though I've never blamed CB for the horrible way Vala was developed in S9 anyway. And actually liked Vala. While it's not a first, it's the most time I've liked her throughout an ep without wanting her to disappear into a black hole the next minute. Kudos to Claudia for a job well done!

Suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

*bites tongue before rant about posts that are about about other people's reactions to the episode more than posts about the episode itself comes out*

I found the episode boring, actually. I find most Earth bound and Trust heavy episodes boring. Not because I felt it should be better than the last episodes (I judge each one on its own merit) and certainly not because I wanted ships or explosions, which I also find horribly boring. I also found it odd that Vala has no memory, and in her amnesiac state, she was totally Earthlike. Nothing stood out in her behavior that she wasn't from here. I would have expected it to.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                it was the first car crash...however those 3 peopel dying while vala doesn't have a scratch just doesnt' work. especially since she was unrestrained. the car wasn't damaged enough.

<snip>
                Agreed. I've rolled a car three times (same car, three rolls, one accident). There would have been way more damage. And Vala would have been prectically dismembered without a seat belt on. Broken bones for a start for the the way she was draped with her arms over the seat around the driver's neck. Though the one person also crawled out alive and was mortally wounded by Cam, not the accident. Dramatic license for days here...

Suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I guess I'll be one of the minority....I loved this episode! Loved the character development of Vala, the adventure, suspense, humor, the emotional moment between Vala and Daniel, Daniel needs someone to care about, not especially romantically, but a connection with another person that's been missing for awhile. Loved the team worried about and caring what's happened to Vala, and seeing the team on a "mission" together. It doesn't have to all be "off-world" that's the advantage of everything taking place in the "here and now", and an earth-based show saves the all important budget for bigger episodes later on.

For the people complaining about this episode being a waste when they have so few shows left before the end. We have to remember this episode was done "before" news of the cancellation. They probably thought there would at least be another season, if not more.
                  EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

I got to say the Mallozzi/Mullie writing team has been writing bad episodes lately, I think they're in a slump.
                    Lately?
                    How about years!
                    Any episode I see they have written I just know it will be mostly rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by star47
                      I guess I'll be one of the minority....I loved this episode! Loved the character development of Vala, the adventure, suspense, humor, the emotional moment between Vala and Daniel, Daniel needs someone to care about, not especially romantically, but a connection with another person that's been missing for awhile. Loved the team worried about and caring what's happened to Vala, and seeing the team on a "mission" together. It doesn't have to all be "off-world" that's the advantage of everything taking place in the "here and now", and an earth-based show saves the all important budget for bigger episodes later on.
                      I agree with all your points and found this a fun episode, even if I had to suspend belief for much of it. I've never been a fan of Trust episodes, so I especially enjoyed the character moments that livened this one up.

Comment

There are no words.

Drool, yes; words, no.

Comment

I got to say the Mallozzi/Mullie writing team has been writing bad episodes lately, I think they're in a slump.
                          Yeah. They've been writing so many (most bad, though their SGA ones have been good...maybe it has to do with BW and RC?) episodes lately, its obvious they've run out of their creative juices.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                            -Heh, the deli owner was Donna's dad from That 70s Show. So used to seeing him with a fro.
                            I know! Seeing a character from another one of my fav shows made this ep a bit more enjoyable for me. I also enjoyed the Daniel/Vala scenes and the Mitchell handcuffed to the bed scene.
                            I'd give it a 6.5/10 overall

Comment

I enjoyed tonights ep, I was entertained and Vala did a good job of it.

Can't remember it but it felt like a fanfic that I read sometime ago except the character was Sam. Sam was a waitress and SG1/Jack went looking for her.

Ok, question, who is the spy in SGC. It seems that the Trust were always ahead of SG1 in everything. The spy must be way up high in SGC to get all the info that fast.

Comment

All this hating is so depressing but I was wxpecting this. I swear. This was an excellent episode IMO and really showcases why I love this shoe. It had everthing great tema moments great Vala showcase and really loved seing the Trust again. Vala getting a SG-1 patch YAY! She sure as hell has earned it. She has more than proved herself throughout seasons 9 and 10. I am so sick of every one after an episode that is not a gate/ship/actiton based say this is why the show is cancelled good riddence writers suck etc.. This was an excllent episode really gave CB a chance to shine. I can't praise this episode enough it really had me hooked from the begining and liked everything from Sal to Athena and the memory loss and especially Val officialy on SG-1. I must say this really shows how much the show is still alive IMO.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X