Memento Mori (1008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chazevelt
    I liked it. Hey, it's SG1 for crying out loud. Like marriage, there are good times and bad times, but when you step back and look at the big picture, it's all about the love affair. I'm in love with SG1. I'll happily take whatever they give me and be grateful. I'm not going to tear apart every episode and examine each thread for a yea or nay, and I'm certainly not gonna use one episode to decide if I'm gonna bother watching the next. Gimme more SG1, that's all I ask. Keep it coming. Earthbound, in space, this ship, that ship, heroics, jokes, aliens, too much Cam, not enough Jack- just gimme gimme gimme. I'm in this for the long haul...
    Best Post Ever!

I completely concur. The only thing upsetting me now is that I have to wait six more days for the next episode. Of course, waiting SIX MONTHS for the next mid-season episodes is going to be absolute torture. Hopefully, we'll hear some news from MGM as to what's next.

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
      I don't think Jack had Canan anywhere near as long as Vala was Qetesh.
      And yet he had Kanan a heck of a lot longer than Carter had Jolinar.

Comment

Best part of the episode was the previews for next week.

Okay, the cam/vala scenes were good and the end was nice. I also agree that Malozzi/Mullie have been writing poorly. All these episodes where we get teams lined up on the edge of warehouses then throw a grenade and storm in are always bad episodes (although it happened in S8 more).

4/10.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          For those of us who didn't get it , this:
          was a reference to unreliability & invalidity of GW's polls. It's been fairly obvious for some time now that someone has found a way to vote "10" over and over again. Frankly, I think it's a damn shame, but I'm a survey research geek, so.... *shrug*
          Actually 44% is not to great for night one on Gateworld. Normally it starts at 60-70 and then kind of levels off overtime when regular people start voting. Atlantis was at 70 last night but is now at 62. So I am not sure that people are cheating the vote as much as I used to be. Its just anyone that takes the time to come to this site is likely to vote high.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

[B]I thought this was a good episode! IT was about Vala, and i think she diserved a episode about her! (:

Comment

Well, now we know who Ba'al's mysterious blonde girlfriend is...

The part with the opening sequence with the gun twirling and putting the bad guys down, and Vala saying she didn't know how or why she was able to do what she did - reminded me of "The Bourne Idenity" (the one with Richard Chamberlain in the starring role as Bourne). Except perhaps this being a female version with a few extra twists...

..and doubles! by golly, Sam's stunt double? and thought maybe one of the Ba'al doubles was in the cars in search of Vala...

The ending was very touching and probably the 2nd time Daniel has compassionately held a shaky, watery-eyed Vala in his arms. Reminiscent of
              Spoiler:
              Avalon, part 2, after Vala got burned and came back via the Prior's *wonder* staff.

The ending with Vala getting the patches, does that now mean that a majority of the viewers have also accepted her as well? It just seems so unfair to both Claudia and Ben (B.) that their time with the team is going to be so short-lived now that SG-1 is being forced off Sci-Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Actually 44% is not to great for night one on Gateworld. Normally it starts at 60-70 and then kind of levels off overtime when regular people start voting. Atlantis was at 70 last night but is now at 62. So I am not sure that people are cheating the vote as much as I used to be. Its just anyone that takes the time to come to this site is likely to vote high.

And then there are people like me who can't decide what to vote for it. Claudia was great as amnesiac Vala. There were some funny one-liners. But the plot was terrible and the car chase/taking down the robbers/stip Mitchell naked was hideous.

I was prettiy impressed that I made it thru a whole ep without wantingt o throw Vala or coveres eyes Mitchell into a black hole.

It's not in the terrible range because CB did a greatgreatgreat job acting. But everything else? It's not as bad as the stuff I've given a 4 but it's nowhere near even slightly better than average.

So I haven't voted.

Suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by easyease
                  *mod snip*It does sound like a "one for the ladies" episode but it cant be spaceships and explosions every week.
                  you yanks dont know how frellin lucky you are having it aired first.......and yet most of you still whinge........
                  sad.
                  First of all, don't go lumping us "Yanks" into one basket;

Second, most of the posts are actually positive about the episode. They range from average to good to great with some terrible thrown in there; and

Third, as a lady myself, I did enjoy the Daniel/Vala and Cam/Vala scenes, but I can be as picky as anyone else. With regard to this episode, I thought it was good, not great, but good.

Comment

Originally posted by silence
                    That's my biggest problem. S9 was pretty bad IMO, but S10 is getting SG-1 back on it's track and it's doing that. Even if this wasn't the best ep ever, it made more sense (story wise) then many S9 eps. I liked how they showed Vala (and CB did really great job)... also that Ancient treasure... hmmm..
                    Really? I didn't think Season 9 was bad at all. There were some fabulous episodes regarding the Ori and SG-1 in general, and frankly, I think Season 9 brought the return of SG-1 becoming more frightened of an enemy for the first time in a while. I guess what I'm saying is that I see more drama and angst as of Season 9 and 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxum
                      Best Post Ever!

I completely concur. The only thing upsetting me now is that I have to wait six more days for the next episode. Of course, waiting SIX MONTHS for the next mid-season episodes is going to be absolute torture. Hopefully, we'll hear some news from MGM as to what's next.
                      dont worry about that, us brits will make sure the show reaches its audience in less than 6 months........thanks to sky one
                      Last edited by easyease; 09 September 2006, 08:03 AM.

Comment

First of all, don't go lumping us "Yanks" into one basket;

Second, most of the posts are actually positive about the episode. They range from average to good to great with some terrible thrown in there; and

Third, as a lady myself, I did enjoy the Daniel/Vala and Cam/Vala scenes, but I can be as picky as anyone else. With regard to this episode, I thought it was good, not great, but good.
                        sorry for over generalizing the situation, it is true that "you dont know what you got til its gone" and i feel a few of these miserable negative viewers will realise that soon enough. i didnt mean the term "yank" in a derogatory manner, just in the playful spirit the british and Americans have shared for decades.
                        As for the last point im a fairly sensitive fella and like a bit of romance almost as much as seeing an ori mothership blowing up.....

Comment

Really? I didn't think Season 9 was bad at all. There were some fabulous episodes regarding the Ori and SG-1 in general, and frankly, I think Season 9 brought the return of SG-1 becoming more frightened of an enemy for the first time in a while. I guess what I'm saying is that I see more drama and angst as of Season 9 and 10.
                          I saw more drama and angst in S9 also. Unfortuately it was mine.

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            it was the first car crash...however those 3 peopel dying while vala doesn't have a scratch just doesnt' work. especially since she was unrestrained. the car wasn't damaged enough.

cam in bed was funny, the pants teasing was priceless, as was teal'c's interrogation

the rest? bad fanfic brought to life

plenty of screen time for vala's fans and the daniel/vala dynamic...plot wise??? and i would honestly say this no matter who the kidnapee was, it was bad. dull and boring
                            thus far, i've enjoyed the first 30 minutes of atlantis more than all of MM
                            The BEST part of the entire episode? Cam cuffed to the bed, eating junk food, when the calvary arrives. "It's not what it looks like" Bwahahahah! However, I'm tired of the same warehouse and trees, and it was, well, I've seen this plot before. Can't say where (it escapes me) but the handcuffed to bed scene was worth it

Yes, SGA was a lot better.

Comment

Well I thought it was an okay episode but definitely not one of my favorites. Unlike some people however, even though Vala has grown on me (compared to how I felt when she first showed up anyway) that doesn't mean I want a Daniel/Vala romance. I still haven't seen Daniel liking her back in "that way" and nothing in this episode convinced me otherwise. I actually thought the scene in the warehouse was a nice moment however I didn't see any romantic feelings but instead I saw a caring friend reaching out to a hurting friend as we've seen SG-1 doing many times with each other throughout the years. I really hope that the writers concentrate more on Team interaction and the fact that they are all a family now and stop dwelling on these supposed sexual tension angles.

I did like the Sam and Mitchell interaction especially him protesting how "twice is not always".

Someone mentioned the editing of Mitchell on the bike and my brother actually commented last night that at first he thought the guy whose motorcycle it was just got mad and sped off before Mitchell could take it because of the way it was edited.
                              Last edited by Racingtime; 09 September 2006, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Well truthfully I loved this episode. I see it as one of the better one's this season (so far). Some the action scenes really didn't work to well and there were some things that didn't make sense, but in a whole it was a fabulous episode. It had some adorable moments that made me smile and it had a few moments that made me sad. I give it 10/10.

But it could be true that I am biased since I am a Vala and Vala/Daniel fan.

"The whole world is you. Yet you keep thinking there is something else." ~ Hsueh-Feng

I Love these guys: :

Comment

Working...
                                X