X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my fave S10 eppys Vala is legend in this

Comment

Originally posted by coolove View Post
      I really enjoyed this episode. I especially love the Cam/Vala scenes in the motel room. Priceless.
      I liked that scene too. I thought it was funny when SG-1 burst into the room and Cam looks at them, then pulls the covers higher.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by ~Benjamin~ View Post
        this one was alrite i liked the bike chace cam had .
        laughed so much when vala had caught him and undressed him
        I found the bike chase (complete with the wheelie pop <gag>)to be one of the worst sequences of production values on the entire SG-1 run. Bad sound, bad editing, bad decisions, just BAD.

The naked Cam was just dumb. Very Vala, but...

The other really badly vut sequence this ep was Vala taking the guys apart in the diner. Obviously cut in, and those veryveryvery slender arms and legs taking out more than a 5 pound dog? I don;t think so. I laughed the whole sequence.

Claudia did a great job making Vala more vulnerable and I actually liked Vala more by the end of the ep.

But making her a full member of the team? No way Insulting and unbelievable, even if they use her, that amount of trust isn't realistic.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I thought this episode was fairly glorious. There was some silliness involved that seemed quite farfetched, but I wouldn't say it was completely unfounded. Vala may be tiny by relative terms, but after so much time out there, often on her own, I think she might have picked up some pretty stylish moves.

That said, I'd like to point out that using a person's strength against them is a perfect example of why it was plausible. I've been off and on into martial arts for almost a decade, and have enough under my belt to state that even if I weren't as big as I am (5'11", 180) I could still do everything I can do in regard to that field. Claudia's (and by extent, Vala's) around 5'6", 130, I believe, and I have no doubt in my mind she couldn't learn what I've learned.

There were several laugh-out-loud moments, and Claudia really had an opportunity to shine and show off how well-versed as an actress she really is. She hadn't had so many moments to pull such prowess off in the past; the intensity of everything was something I hadn't seen but a couple of times prior in SG-1, and otherwise, I hadn't seen since fairly regularly on Farscape.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            I found the bike chase (complete with the wheelie pop <gag>)to be one of the worst sequences of production values on the entire SG-1 run. Bad sound, bad editing, bad decisions, just BAD.
            Really? I didn't have a problem with it. I think it was just a little different than the usual kind of filming/shots they do on this show.

But making her a full member of the team? No way Insulting and unbelievable, even if they use her, that amount of trust isn't realistic.
            I completely disagree with that. I mean, sure, things are sped up because this is a television series - but I think Vala had proven herself to be a valuable and trusted member of the team by that point, all you had to do was see the rest of the teams' reaction to her at the end of the episode for that (and then how she saved their butts in CoT after this).

But now I'm curious, how long would you have wanted it to take? What would have been enough for her to have earned her badges for you?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I just re-re-re-re-re-re watched it....
              ...after u know all episodes, its not that bad.
              sigpic

Comment

The naked Cam was just dumb. Very Vala, but...

The other really badly vut sequence this ep was Vala taking the guys apart in the diner. Obviously cut in, and those veryveryvery slender arms and legs taking out more than a 5 pound dog? I don;t think so. I laughed the whole sequence.

Claudia did a great job making Vala more vulnerable and I actually liked Vala more by the end of the ep.

suse
                The bike chase. It wasn't great, but it wasn't THAT bad.

Naked Cam? But that was part of the long running joke about him losing his pants! Well, not long running, but...y'know.

The fight? Well they were obviously caught off-guard, so that's a factor.

Yes, Claudia did an awesome job. I love Claudia!

Making her a full member of the team? That wasn't that bad at all! I mean, she would've been on Earth for a couple of months... and she helped them out a LOT in season 9, so it wasn't that unrealistic. Just a bit unexpected. Big deal.

I loved the ep. I think it's really sweet how Daniel's really into finding Vala.

Comment

I am not a huge fan of Vala's, but this episode, though Vala-centric, kind of works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
                    I am not a huge fan of Vala's, but this episode, though Vala-centric, kind of works for me.
                    I agree. I guess she grows on you after awhile...
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a pretty decent episode. I thought that Claudia did a good job of portraying Vala's fear and uncertainty about not remembering her past and only having little flashes of things that definitely weren't good. Cam taking off on the bike was amusing to me, even if it wasn't a terrific chase.

I was a little surprised that they made Vala a member of SG-1 at the end, but I thought it worked. I mean, she did do a lot to help the team in season 9 and in earlier episodes of season 10, and she has been around Earth for a few months at this point, working hard to adjust and fit in.
                      Signature by Glitch33.
                      sigpic
                      Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Totally love scene with Vala and Cam ... that one with Cam on bike ... awwwwwh xD
                        The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                        sigpic

Comment

Vala is my favourite character and I love every moment she has in the show. I think it was my favourite!

Comment

Certainly the best Vala ep I've seen so far, but by no means a favorite overall. I hope we'll see more Athena.
                            sigpic

Comment

I am a fan of Vala! Her character is wonderful with its complexities and often maddening inconsistencies. I love the way she plays Daniel!
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I think this episode gets a lot of bad rep, but to be honest, it works. It gets you more in Vala's character. And please. Whoever thinks Vala shouldnt be part of the team...shes a valuable addition.

Comment

Working...
                                X