Memento Mori (1008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Callista View Post
    I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I was just watching the commentary for Ex Deus Machina and JM was saying that Ba'al's henchwoman, Charlotte, is going to turn out to be a goa'uld in season 10. She's Athena, right? If so, why couldn't Sam sense her being a goa'uld when she was talking with her in Ex Deus Machina? Can Sam not sense that anymore? (I'm assuming the answer is that TPTB are still downplaying the extra things Sam gained from Jolinar i.e.: they want us to forget about it, or that they forgot, or that they weren't intending Charlotte to be a goa'uld when they did Ex Deus Machina....But, if those aren't the reason/s, I was wondering if I missed something somewhere.)
    Kianna Cyr in "Fallout" (Jonas Quinn's Goa'ulded girlfriend) used a drug which masked the presence of the symbiote. She was in Ba'al's organization and you can probably make an assumption that Charlotte/Athena used the same drug before her interview with Carter. That's probably a big stretch, but it is "canon" that such a drug exists.

Debi

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayP View Post
      Kianna Cyr in "Fallout" (Jonas Quinn's Goa'ulded girlfriend) used a drug which masked the presence of the symbiote. She was in Ba'al's organization and you can probably make an assumption that Charlotte/Athena used the same drug before her interview with Carter. That's probably a big stretch, but it is "canon" that such a drug exists.

Debi
      Thanks! I've only watched "Fallout" twice. I guess I wasn't paying very close attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Loved the explosion out of the warehouse and Mitchell's shooting the metal shelf to get the guy.

The episode as a whole seemed a bit "surface". It seemed as if they would touch on something then move along to the next thing. I am glad they did spend some time Mitchell handcuffed to the bed, shirtless *sorry for the fangirlie moment*

Was that the first Stargate car crash ever?
        As a fangirl I too love the idea of Cam handcuffed to a bed- the episode hasn;t aired in the UK yet. But will post my feelings after seeing it- which I'm looking forward too may I add
        sigpic
        JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
        Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
        Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

I have just seen this episode in the UK and I thought it was rather slow but I did enjoy watching Daniel's emotional reaction to Vala's abduction even though I am one of those people who don't really see ship anywhere. For me this showed a turning point for Daniel ....he is denying anything romantic between them yet he obviously feels something deep. I don't think he is naive enough to think he can take a woman out to a restaurant without it being perceived as romantic by others. Maybe he is fooling himself.. who knows. I thought the scene in the motel with Mitchel was funny, but I have to admit that after about 2 seconds I stopped seeing him and saw Daniel. If you take it that way the lines are much funnier and (dare I say it) I think MS would have delivered them better...or at least more to my taste.

Comment

Will have to watch the episode again incase I missed anything. I didn't exactly find it slow- with the jumping about all over the place got me a little confused but still.

Daniel taking Vala out def a date! There is no way round that. It was sweet of Daniel to do that.

I must say I like Cam handcuffed to the bed- that was so cool! A VVVVVV good scene for Cam fans and I think fangirls in general.

I love the way he got dressed and helped his team carry on searching for Vala even though he was injured- that is just so Cam I think- always wanting to help.

I argee with what someone else said- Vala shouldn't have got into SG-1, I think Jack would be very upset and I think he would say this "Over my rotting corps!"
            sigpic
            JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
            Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
            Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
              Yet another example of why this show needs to end. 20 episodes for these writers is too much.

The episode is trash, the only part I liked was the Daniel / Vala ship. I'm not normally a shipper person and I thought Jack and Sam ship was sometime way to forceful. In this case however the Daniel / Vall ship was nicely done because they have a friendship, but more to a point.
              Couldn't agree more. Perfect example of why this show needs to end.

Shocker of an episode, probably the worst this season. Scratch that, 200 was worse but still. Dull, pointless, stupid storyline and in the end didn't go anywhere. TPTB were clearly in love with their 'kewl' motorbike chase though.

Unsurprised PG15 gave it an 8/10 though

Comment

Originally posted by Kpnuts View Post
                Couldn't agree more. Perfect example of why this show needs to end.
                "Unnatural Selection" was worse. "Progeny" shows how the human-Replicators should have been introduced.
                At least with "Memento Mori" I had a partial attraction to the storyline. "Unnatural Selection" bored me even more than MM.

Shocker of an episode, probably the worst this season. Scratch that, 200 was worse but still. Dull, pointless, stupid storyline and in the end didn't go anywhere. TPTB were clearly in love with their 'kewl' motorbike chase though.
                I actually partially agree here--it feels like this episode was trying to be way too many things and ended up being a bit of a disappointment. Still better than "The Fifth Race", which holds the dubious honor of being the only episode that made me cringe.
                Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                -Audioslave

Comment

Unsurprised PG15 gave it an 8/10 though

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
                    "Unnatural Selection" was worse. "Progeny" shows how the human-Replicators should have been introduced.
                    At least with "Memento Mori" I had a partial attraction to the storyline. "Unnatural Selection" bored me even more than MM.

I actually partially agree here--it feels like this episode was trying to be way too many things and ended up being a bit of a disappointment. Still better than "The Fifth Race", which holds the dubious honor of being the only episode that made me cringe.
                    How can you not like 'The Fifth Race'? One of SG-1's finest hours in my opinion.

Comment

How can you not like 'The Fifth Race'? One of SG-1's finest hours in my opinion.
                      It didn't turn on my sense of danger at all like it tried to, the fake Latin was slightly grating(although less so in Lost City, probably because it actually sounded like Latin in Lost City), the scene with the Asgard was the most cringeworthy scene in SG-1 to date(I can deal with the budgetary anthrocentrism that SG-1 generally uses with the Goa'uld and such, but the anthrocentrism in this episode was maximally cringeworthy).
                      The episode would have been better with Carter just stating each plot point of that episode.
                      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                      -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
                        It didn't turn on my sense of danger at all like it tried to, the fake Latin was slightly grating(although less so in Lost City, probably because it actually sounded like Latin in Lost City), the scene with the Asgard was the most cringeworthy scene in SG-1 to date(I can deal with the budgetary anthrocentrism that SG-1 generally uses with the Goa'uld and such, but the anthrocentrism in this episode was maximally cringeworthy).
                        The episode would have been better with Carter just stating each plot point of that episode.
                        Didn't they drop all pretense starting WoO onwards adn just use real Latin?
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

this one was alrite i liked the bike chace cam had .
                          laughed so much when vala had caught him and undressed him

Comment

Well, I got warned before watching this ep that it was 5/10. So...

1. Bottom line, if TPTB are going to rip The Bourne Identity then they should do it with a character I really give a frack about.

2. Yes Vala's on good terms with the team and of course they're going to rescue her. However, I can't believe that Daniel would have fallen for her as much as she appears to have.

3. Vala on SG1. Meh...she's seemingly been a hanger on for most of this season so she might as well I guess.

4. Wouldn't mind knowing what Teal'c told the Trust guy.

5. Would also not mind knowing why Goa'uld voices are suddenly at a premium!

Overall, never got into this ep, primarily due to point number 1. Deffo the worst S10 ep I've seen.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower View Post
                              this one was alrite i liked the bike chace cam had .
                              laughed so much when vala had caught him and undressed him
                              those were my fv bits. Nice episode, naked cam is always a good thing

Comment

I liked this episode, didn't love it but I really didn't have the problems many people did. But I really don't want to get into that.

I was rather shocked at Vala having romactic feelings for Daniel and wanted to have a relationship. I mean I'm not shocked that they did the vala/daniel romance but more the way they did it. They just came out with it, well Vala did with her feelings, that sursprised me.

I'm undecided on Daniel's feelings towards her. Part of me think he got feelings for her in that way but not to th epoint that she does for him. I don't think he's ready to date her yet. At least he didn't think in terms of dating when he asked her out. I think this episode might have opened up the door to Daniel thinking about dating her. I don't think it really entered his mind.

I'm happy Vala has those kinds of feelings for Daniel and explains a lot (why he's the only one she half way listens too lol). ANd I'm happy she came out and told him she wanted to date him, even if she thought he wanted to date her int he first place. She didn't get her feeling hurt nor him over it so that always makes me happy. I love Sam/Jack but I h ated that when ever they speak of their feelings they where hurt.

Anyway on to the superficial stuff Daniel looked really hot all dressed up for dinner. His hair was cool, his clothes where gorgeous. He really made the effact IMO. He really looked great. The boy has style So many he didn't think it as a date but subconsciously he made the effact for romantic reasons btw I've been meaning to say this for a while I hate Daniel's new glasses. I loved his rounder ones, they made him look cute and no glass where sexy. I don't like these new ones

Vala looked lovely as ususal; loved the deep blue shirt and the flower in her hair. Thought I didn't like when Dnaiel picked it up off the ground after she was taken, that was a little fouced. I'd rather him see the car drive away with Vala in the back but not able to stop it or crase after them.

Sam and Cameron looked gorgeous as well. Actully Sam, Teal'c and Cam all really looked Cool. Teal'c was dressed a little more casule(sp) then the others. Cameron with no shirt and pants was brilliant A compete fangirl momnet for me btw Cam got his hair cut which looks good. (he had the sides cut shorter)

Now onto the plot lol:

At times a few thigns bugged me like Daniel finding the flower, Camreon flashing his "badge" and gettign the bike and Vala's moves when she took downt he bad guy (felt a little fouced) and everythign the stupid cop did and said. BUt on a whole I liked everything else well enough.

Loved the dinner owner. I didn't get that it was the guy from the 70's show without the fro He did a great job and I liked his character, he was great guy When Vala was taking down the bad guys I loved him trying to find the right weapon to take them downa nd came running out to find he has nothing to do.

Cameron was great in the epiosde (I'm trying to blank the corny flashing of the "badge" to get the bike). I loved his "take action" thing when he went after Vala; it's in true form for his character. I also loved that after he got shot he got dressed and went back with the term to look for Vala. And that was a good move when he zatted(sp) the bad guy I think it was one of the funniest momnets for Cameron when the term walked to see him eatting junkfood, watching t.v in his underwear. Plus I loved Sam bugging him about the pants issuse. I hope we see that joke again maybe in the movies.

Sam and Teal'c were good in the small roles they had. I wish I knew what Teal'c said (anyone lip read?)

Loved the ending, though I think they should have had a line like that said they where going to make Vala a member of the term before the events of this episode. Becuase the events of the episode didn't make Vala "worthy" of being a member of the term (it did show that they see her as a member of the term). I thinkt he events before this episode made her "worthy" of being a member of the term. (events from Counterstrike, Uninvited etc).

Loved everyone bugging Daneil about the Date, Vala included. lol
                                Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Working...
                                X