Flesh And Blood (1001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani347
    Uber is a good word. Use it as often as possible.
    Oooh, yeah. Definitely.

Originally posted by Dani
    I didn't see doom and gloom. I saw seriousness and getting back to business. But, I think he did seem happy when he was visiting Sam, and even made a small joke about the no sweat (or perspiration) thing. No big exuberant behavior, but I saw relief and happiness there. And, the way Sam told him "the good news" was Daniel was alive pretty much said that there was also some bad news that had to be taken care of. I didn't mind him giving a quick halleluiah and going on to the next thing, especially with Sam's reaction also.
    I know - and agree - the situation was dire and seemed hopeless. But that's the thing -it's hopeless as long as you ignore exactly those things. They did rescue Sam. They did save Teal'c. Daniel was alive. So these are the little moments that are there - at least, for me - to show the hope, to show that there isn't just doom and gloom and that they haven't given up yet. I saw it in Sam's reaction, all the way. And in Teal'c. But I didn't get that vibe from Mitchell - yes, I know they were busy when they got the news about Daniel, but - especially that halleluja, it sounded (to me, at least) more like "yeah, yeah, get on with it to more important business, what now." Since I don't believe he doesn't care about Daniel living or dying, I got the impression from him he felt too depressed and desperate to be able to feel some joy.
    The scene with Sam - yes, you're right, and he did make that small joke - but it felt humourless. Maybe it's because the scene was very short - I dunno. But once again, I got the impression there's no real joy that a good friend of his is alive, and because I do know he cares about Sam I'm left concluding it's because he feels it's only temporary - we're all going to die anyway, so we just bought some more hours. But that's just me...
    The truth is I wouldn't have minded that much if he started going with the doom and gloom attitude - if it would have been consistent with season 9. But in season 9 I got the impression Cameron Mitchell is a person who has hope, and that he is seeing the better side of the situation, not the worst. So it came of... off.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor

Whump someone else.
      And, I have your perfect, bespectacled, speed talking, victim right here. Lets get back to whumping the right guy. MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Dani347; 17 July 2006, 12:38 PM.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

i thought would give it a go, you most probably won't like it but hey.

Flesh And Blood is the conclusion to season nines cliffhanger entitled Camelot, this episode shows how each of the members of SG1 escape death and survive. This is also the debut of the fantastic character Adrian, who is the daughter of Vala and the Ori. The episode displays the power of the enemy SG1 are against and the relationship between mother and daughter, what shocked me was how good the two actresses playing the character of Adrian were, i liked the way they designed the contacts on there eyes because if you change the eyes you seem take away there appearance of being human. I thought that Claudia Black did a great job in this episode, as we got to see another side of her character that is more mature and she still manages to make me laugh. The one character i did not like was that of the prior, the fact he was the actor was same guy in season nines Ethon which i felt everytime i see him i think "thats the guy from ethon", i don't mind them using same actors but i feel that they're should be certain amount of time in between or else it cheapens the show and because i did not feel that same level of superiority about the prior than those previously and the sad thing is i feel that we will be seeing more of him this season.
        The special effects in this episode was the better than most episode of stargate, i am rarely shocked these days by special effects due to them always being the same, but this episode looked amazing and there were simply too many great scenes to name, i was really glad that they manage to get the scale of the smaller right to make the Ori ships look Gigantic which seem to be a flaw in the Jaffa motherships. This episode truly shows off how great the production for this show is as they wasn't a single flaw in terms special effects, costume and especially the how they made the interior of the Ori Ships which added a real religous feel to it. The only flaw i can point out would be in the storyline would be Bra'tac going on a suicide mission and Cameron beaming him away (how corny does that sound), i felt that it made a wise and intelligent character like Bra'tac look stupid. But if this was the foundation for a plot for the season then this would be kind of interesting, if not then it was a waste of tv time. The biggest problem in terms of script was that we didn't seem to see enough of daniel which i understand because i believe that someone had to be sacrificed in terms of line as this was about the Ori making there mark and best way to do this was to use the closest thing to them Adrian and Vala. The chemistry between them as mother and daughter was great and the fact that Adrian desires her mothers approval is great. Though i didn't like the fact that when Vala was saying that she named her after someone she didn't like because i wish we had saw some more desire for her to make her child be good, but maybe that was just me.
        Overall this episode did what i would hope it would do and that is to start a bunch of stories for the new season and that to me was the greatest thing about this episode and i love how this whole story arc is related in someway to our problem in the world today, with the whole idea of people trying force there religion upon others. This episode has started the new
        season off on a high and showing that even though its in its tenth season it seems like it is only in its second.
        Rating of **** out of 5
        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
          I thought that whole scene was a little strange as well. I was sitting there listening to Woolsey and though his suggestion wasn't that off the wall. When Landry took off with his whole "Did I say that out loud" thing, I was kind of shocked.

It was like they just decided to create a scene where Landry could be "tough as nails, not putting up with those politicians" but fell short of creating a good *reason* for him to be "tough as nails".

Weird....

I've so far been bugged by one little logistical error in Landry's response. He claimed that with a ship, it would take at least three weeks to move the ZPM back to Earth. Has he not been keeping up with the Atlantis expedition much, because I clearly remember they were able to get the thing to Atlantis in just four days by using it to boost the 304's engines. Did he forget about this detail among his little rant?

Comment

Originally Posted by golfbooy
            Right. Now on to the characters themselves. And I think I'll start with everyone's favorite whipping boy.........Landry. Ah, ah, you thought I was going to say Mitchell, didn't you? Nope, I'll be needing a thicker switch to tan that boy's ass. All joking aside, what was up with Landry? His scene with Woolsey left me scratching my head. Smug much? Arrogant often? What moron finds out that the fleet he sent to defend the galaxy has been entirely wiped out with loss of life totaling in the thousands, only to snidely take a dig at the one sympathetic voice on the IOA? "Stupid Woolsey, quit offering reasonable suggestions. If you'd have thrown more money at the problem I could have fixed it." WTF? Please, tell me if I read the scene wrong. Because right now, I'm thinking that Landry is the biggest tool the SGC has seen since Gen. Bauer.
            Yeah, I agree that scene seemed weird. Here's how I took it: I didn't see Landry's ire directed AT Woolsey, I saw him as putting down the IOA to Woolsey's face. The dialog didn't insult Woolsy - it insulted the IOA. After all, Woolsey isn't responsible for the IOA people's salaries. Which makes the outrage all the more strange - I agree that Woolsey is more sympathetic than the rest and an elbow nudge along with a "you know how it is with these bureaucratic suits" kind of look might have worked better, especially given the timing of the scene that you point out - right after we get our bums whumped by the Ori.

That's just how I took the scene.
            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Still, what's happening on Chulak? Slaughter or conversion? Fluffy and Vala confront Adria...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                I've so far been bugged by one little logistical error in Landry's response. He claimed that with a ship, it would take at least three weeks to move the ZPM back to Earth. Has he not been keeping up with the Atlantis expedition much, because I clearly remember they were able to get the thing to Atlantis in just four days by using it to boost the 304's engines. Did he forget about this detail among his little rant?
                No... I don't think he forgot, I think he assumed you wouldn't want to use what little power the ZPM had left after transporting it to Atlantis in 4 days, using it again to fend off an attack from the Wraith, using it several times to cloak Atlantis, using it once again to transport it back to Earth in 4 days and then using it again to defend Earth with the drones.

He was thinking that that you didn't want to waste any unnecessary energy. Which means then that it would have taken 3 weeks to get Earth.

Hope that helps explain it...

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                  Yeah, I agree that scene seemed weird. Here's how I took it: I didn't see Landry's ire directed AT Woolsey, I saw him as putting down the IOA to Woolsey's face. The dialog didn't insult Woolsy - it insulted the IOA. After all, Woolsey isn't responsible for the IOA people's salaries. Which makes the outrage all the more strange - I agree that Woolsey is more sympathetic than the rest and an elbow nudge along with a "you know how it is with these bureaucratic suits" kind of look might have worked better, especially given the timing of the scene that you point out - right after we get our bums whumped by the Ori.

That's just how I took the scene.
                  However, this scene continued the theme by which they're building up Woolsey into a potential ally for the SGC. He started out as a thorn in their side, but after his experiences in The Scourge and his conversations with Carter, he's moving towards a more sympathetic stance. The expression on his face after Landry said his "out loud" piece was not shocked or antagonistic - it was more like embarrassed and a "yeah, I kind of have to agree with you" or "I know where you're coming from" kind of look.
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                    However, this scene continued the theme by which they're building up Woolsey into a potential ally for the SGC. He started out as a thorn in their side, but after his experiences in The Scourge and his conversations with Carter, he's moving towards a more sympathetic stance. The expression on his face after Landry said his "out loud" piece was not shocked or antagonistic - it was more like embarrassed and a "yeah, I kind of have to agree with you" or "I know where you're coming from" kind of look.
                    Yep, I agree with your assessment of Woolsey's reaction - which still makes me shake my head at Landry a la golfbooy. The scourge seemed to be pivotal for the Woolsey character - I really like having Robert Picardo in Stargate.

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                      Daniel's wish that he had shot Adria is an interesting look at his character. This is not the Daniel of old. His oh-so-Daniel-like hesitation cost them, but the fact that he even mentioned wishing that he had shot Adria shows the desperation of the situation. Honestly, this is the guy who cried over a robot five seasons ago, and now he's willing to shoot what is in form, a human girl.
                      He has changed a lot. At first I didn't like it because it almost took away a lot of the things that made him my favorite character. But now, I think I've gotten used to it more. That doesn't mean I like it, but I don't mind it as much. I hope he doesn't change too much and get too crazy. (that's what Cam's for )

Anyway, getting a little OT there...

Over all, I did enjoy the episode (it actually doesn't take much for me to enjoy this show ), but there were a few things I didn't like about it. For one thing, it felt... strange, somehow. I can't place it, maybe it was the fact that the team was spread around for too much of it and not together enough, or maybe how much daniel has changed, I don't know. Something just didn't feel right, didn't feel completely... Stargate. Then again, it hasn't really felt totally Stargate since Jack left, not that I have anything against Cam, I rather like him (the "crazy" aspect is probably my favorite part of him), but this episode felt even more different.

I know I'm not being very specific and in effect making this post rather useless, but I thought I'd say something anyway.
                      Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                        And, I have your perfect, bespectacled, speed talking, victim right here. Lets get back to whumping the right guy. MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
                        LOL Really.
                        Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

I am going to go over the data over who and how they survived the destruction of the Korry.
                          1. Daniel - he got out via rings in a weak part of the shield.
                          2. Mitchell - managed to get into an f302 and blasted out right before it exploded.

However, from the Korry Black Box that 5 people beamed out before it exploded. My question is: Who? and Where?

Also, was the Black Box black?

Mattathias

Comment

Originally Posted by starfox
                            Daniel's wish that he had shot Adria is an interesting look at his character. This is not the Daniel of old. His oh-so-Daniel-like hesitation cost them, but the fact that he even mentioned wishing that he had shot Adria shows the desperation of the situation. Honestly, this is the guy who cried over a robot five seasons ago, and now he's willing to shoot what is in form, a human girl.
                            Yeah, I find I can't quite get my head around the whole Daniel thing. You know what flashed into my mind when he was aiming at Adria's head was back in Children of the Gods when he exterminated a whole whack of Goa'uld symbiotes. Sam tells him not to because that will make him no better than a Goa'uld but then he does it anyway and she gives him quite the look. And then during Prototype, didn't he want to kill Kalik?

And then there's the crying over the robot - makes me go hmmm.

Comment

...and yet no one mentions Absolute Power.

Mattathias

Comment

I look at it differently. Daniel didn't want to kill Khalek. He felt that it was necessary to kill Khalek. I mentioned this in the Daniel thread, but to me an example of Daniel wanting to kill someone (having the desire to kill)would be Apophis in Serpent's Song. That was Daniel wanting to kill. Way darker than pragmatically sizing up a situation and feeling that eliminating the threat is the only way. But, Daniel has always been look for another way provided he thinks there is another way. I don't see this as different from Daniel at all. He's never been for blind pacifism.
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X