Flesh And Blood (1001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahram
    Did anybody catch if the asgard ship was destroyed or did it escape.
    Which one? I think there was a couple and I'm pretty sure they were all destroyed.
    sigpic

Comment

No, there was only the one, but that baby is now toast. Butter, or jam Kvasir?

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
        No, there was only the one, but that baby is now toast. Butter, or jam Kvasir?
        Perhaps you are correct I assumed there were more.
        sigpic

Comment

I watched this episode today and although I liked it, I felt it was a slightly dissapointing conclusion to CAMELOT and a dissapointing Season opener.

It was a well made episode and the SFX were amazing but that was really all there was to the episode. I would've liked to have seen the effects of the Ori landing on Chulack, more character moments and a bigger set up for the rest of the season then, we better come up with a new plan. It just didn't feel big enough or impotant as it should. Again the beaming our guys out of danger was used far too much. The one time they didn't use it, Carters rescue, was the most impressive sence of the episode.

Daniel and Vala's scenes together were excellent and Adria is going to be a great character. The Ori troops look impressive and Mitchells character was alot better here.

Overall it was an enjoyable episode but it felt rushed and under developed. I imagine it would've worked better as a two-parter.

3/5
          'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Wow ! It took me days to read all the pages !

What a season opener ! I really enjoyed it !

Points I really enjoyed :
            • the way Mitchell saved Carter
            • Adria's eyes !
            • the actresses playing Adria :
            • the youngest one really scared mewhen she said "Hallowed are the Ori"
            • the second one is a very good actress too !
            • the inside of the Ori ships : that blue light is very fine
            • Vala was great in that episode :
            • " You telling me, Origin is about to become a lot more appealling to the males of this galaxy"
            • the name of Adria that comes from the name of her step-mother !
            • she also kept a very low profile...
            • Even Carter can't do a single thing to destroy the Ori ships ! The idea of sending a weapon with the rings comes from the Korelev...
            • still no Ori ship destroyed...
            • the images of the Ha'tak crashing on the ship were simply wonderful !
            • Landry : "If I had the salary they pay... Did I say that loud ?"
            Points I enjoyed :
            • the Lucian Alliance still have their own point of view, they shall come back causing some trouble...
            • Kvasir's sandwich...
            • a few words about Atlantis
            Points I disliked :
            • the beaming technology is used a few times...
            Well, I should have said "the point I disliked" !

For me, a very great episode, one of the best season openers I've ever seen !

I give it 19,5/20 Great hopes for season 10 !

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
              And we know he knows what it's like to follow an order and have it go terribly, terribly wrong: he bombed the innocent civilian caravan upon orders - and he still lives with that guilt. I'm sure he vowed to never give an order that would cause someone else that kind of guilt.
              Ah! Thanks again for another good point. I should have thought of that.

I`m really glad to have read the comments about that scene. I think I`m just way too touchy about Mitchell because of how he was last season, and am too ready to interpret almost everything he does in the worst possible way. But the writers did it right this time, including the humility after the rescue, and I missed it by being hung up on one thing. Watched it again later and enjoyed it much more. I agree totally with what people are saying about the rescue now.

Which means the only things to complain about now are Teal`c torture yet again and Bra`tac`s What the FRELL? behavior.
              Fargater (n.) A Farscape fan who got curious about Stargate SG-1 on learning BB and CB would be joining, belatedly discovered the greatness of Stargate SG-1 in reruns, and who is now a happy fan of both shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargater
                Ah! Thanks again for another good point. I should have thought of that.

I`m really glad to have read the comments about that scene. I think I`m just way too touchy about Mitchell because of how he was last season, and am too ready to interpret almost everything he does in the worst possible way. But the writers did it right this time, including the humility after the rescue, and I missed it by being hung up on one thing. Watched it again later and enjoyed it much more. I agree totally with what people are saying about the rescue now.

Which means the only things to complain about now are Teal`c torture yet again and Bra`tac`s What the FRELL? behavior.
                Cool. There are many ways to view things and it's interesting to read about all those different viewspoints - it usually makes us think and sometimes it even sways our opinions. That's one of the great things about boards like this!

Comment

I've missed Adria, these past couple of episoeds.

Comment

Don't know if anyone noticed and I'm too lazy to search for this, but there's a slight goof in this episode, when Sam is brought into the cargo hall by moving the ship around. Well the cargo hall was supposed to be in 0 gravity, while Sam was floating, and then the artifical gravity was turned on. Then why didn't all the boxes and containers, that were on shelves in the cargo hall, float around?
                    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

A step up on Cam-a-lot, though that really didnt take much, the script was far better, not an overuse of cheep looking action that dominated Camelot's final act, and thank God there was a scene which I felt was perfect (on the Korelev bridge with Chekov). But still, it had major flaws that make it my least favourite opener for SG1. There was too much focus on Mitchell, once again, and though he was less objectionable in this one, he was still massively overused. Vala got a little too much time too, though it was used as part of the thoroughly original [/sarcasm] evil fast growing baby story, most of it was pointless and felt like filler to me. The only line that really got a laugh out of me was the "step mother" line.

Overall, 6/10, a vast improvment on 3/10 for Camelot.
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by metabog
                        Don't know if anyone noticed and I'm too lazy to search for this, but there's a slight goof in this episode, when Sam is brought into the cargo hall by moving the ship around. Well the cargo hall was supposed to be in 0 gravity, while Sam was floating, and then the artifical gravity was turned on. Then why didn't all the boxes and containers, that were on shelves in the cargo hall, float around?
                        I know nothing about this, but is it possible that stuff needs some sort of impetus to start floating? What would start it rising in the first place? Other than that, I could guess that items in an area that is known to sometimes have 0 gravity would always be secured. Or we could just go with, the CGI was already overbudget.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                          I know nothing about this, but is it possible that stuff needs some sort of impetus to start floating? What would start it rising in the first place? Other than that, I could guess that items in an area that is known to sometimes have 0 gravity would always be secured. Or we could just go with, the CGI was already overbudget.
                          Well unless they were firmly attached, they would start moving around whenever the ship accelerated, or decelerated, right? I may be wrong.

Well it's obviously the CGI overbudget thing, I'd rather have them focus on more important things, but I'm sure a show like BSG would have made sure those things floated.
                          My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog
                            Well unless they were firmly attached, they would start moving around whenever the ship accelerated, or decelerated, right? I may be wrong.

Well it's obviously the CGI overbudget thing, I'd rather have them focus on more important things, but I'm sure a show like BSG would have made sure those things floated.
                            LOL. You're probably right. And I agree that I like to have them focus on more important things - but it is fun to nitpik, too!

Comment

Can someone please remind me where Thor is? I cannot remember why they brought kasivir in. Its not exactly likes hes not available seeing as he is a puppet and michael shanks does the voice?
                              Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

All we know is that he's busy elsewhere according to Kvasir. We don't know exactly what he's doing. But hopefully we will find out soon.
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X