No announcement yet.

Insiders (1004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was no way TPTB were going to top last week's episode, so the family just sat back to see what happened. Normally I get bored with the Ba'al clones eppys but this one was rather good. Yeah, there were a lot of jokes, but we all had fun with them. Mitchell's talk about leadership was a nice nod to all of us who have been arguing the issue (and he IS the leader. *LOL*). I like Vala and her "improvisations". Poor Barrett, wondering what will become of him now.

I could nit-pick about a few things, but it isn't worth it. We all had fun with the episode.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
      I have to wonder if the writers have ever researched what security protocols really are in the military and highly secure facilities and projects. And yes I do know.

For Sam to be able to enter a code to unlock a database, she would have to be the IT nerd in the room which no one ever visits or even heard of. That being said, her rank is not sufficient for that kind of global access. In fact, had she had such access, and still gave up the code, she would be courts martialed. Deservedly so. There is absolutely no way the ending could have happened with Landry telling her she did the right thing.

Now, for creativity, what ever happened to fake data? What about fractured data. It's never all in one place. Searches are possible through data but not the whole database. And it would never never be yielded up by a real military officer. That was an insult to everyone who has given his/her life for country to protect information.

The ending was so patently ridiculous that it left a bad taste in my mouth. I urge the writers to sit down with Air Force security people and really go through a debriefing/security consultation about these matters. Whatever little they have reviewed is insufficient.
      If you want accuracy then how do you justify the Stargate by real world standards since there are no Stargates?

Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by eirenne
        This is a television show after all. There are bound to be things that wouldn't jive in the RL.
        Without a doubt. One can't nit-pick every little thing, or that's all we'd do sometimes with shows. Things happened to fit the storyline. I don't think the team or SGC personnel acted foolishly at all. Ba'al, all of them, just got the upper hand - something I might add that's happened various times throughout the history of this show with bad guys.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          There was no way TPTB were going to top last week's episode, so the family just sat back to see what happened. Normally I get bored with the Ba'al clones eppys but this one was rather good. Yeah, there were a lot of jokes, but we all had fun with them. Mitchell's talk about leadership was a nice nod to all of us who have been arguing the issue (and he IS the leader. *LOL*). I like Vala and her "improvisations". Poor Barrett, wondering what will become of him now.

I could nit-pick about a few things, but it isn't worth it. We all had fun with the episode.
          Yes we did. I think it's pointless to compare each episode to another. Just enjoy each episode in its own right and just sit back an enjoy.Thats what my wife and I did and we really enjoyed this episode.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Without a doubt. One can't nit-pick every little thing, or that's all we'd do sometimes with shows. Things happened to fit the storyline. I don't think the team or SGC personnel acted foolishly at all. Ba'al, all of them, just got the upper hand - something I might add that's happened various times throughout the history of this show with bad guys.
            Exactly I mean what sci-fi show in the history of sci-fi shows has molded to the normal way of life....... Are you still thinking? However I do enjoy pointing out a few things I would have done differently. After all that is part of what the forum was made for.

O, and I figured out why it was so easy to capture all 20 of them. They set it up that way the Baal's wanted to be caught. Which is why they grouped together and didn't bother with personal shields or better bases.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
              O, and I figured out why it was so easy to capture all 20 of them. They set it up that way the Baal's wanted to be caught. Which is why they grouped together and didn't bother with personal shields or better bases.
              Yep! And as for losing some Jaffa, they're expendable anyways in Ba'al's eyes.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                Yep! And as for losing some Jaffa, they're expendable anyways in Ba'al's eyes.
                Especially when you are talking about a weapon that is capable of wiping out the Ori. After that he will be able to raise a freshly recruited army of jaffa. I would assume that seeing Ba'al wipe out the Ori would change allot of the free jaffa minds.
                sigpic

Comment

I bet none of them was the real Baal, the worst is yet to come!
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

High Points: Vala, who is beyond awesome. Mitchell... Browder, actually, whose interrogation scene with Baal was really excellent. Let's hear it for the "Farscape" people, because they make the show much more interesting and lively. Especially when Daniel's not around. Cliff Simon...rocks.

Low points: Sorry to be totally shallow, but Sam's hair? Gives new meaning to the term "blown dry." Second, perhaps it was the directing or the acting or the script but I didn't catch whether Barrett was really brainwashed or whether he "turned" for some reason and willingly conspired with Baal. The scenes with Sam in the storage room...I didn't get a real sense of danger, perhaps because Sam assumed that the Baals could not leave the facility. Also, the Baal jokes were funny, but I still like O'Neill's bocci thing better in "Abyss."

Anyway, all in all, an okay ep.

Comment

I thought that the weapon on Dakara was destroyed by the Jaffa? Why was it talked about in this episode as if it still existed?

Comment

This was a really cool episode. Vala was awsome. I was nice to fight jaffa once more

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                          I have to wonder if the writers have ever researched what security protocols really are in the military and highly secure facilities and projects. And yes I do know.

For Sam to be able to enter a code to unlock a database, she would have to be the IT nerd in the room which no one ever visits or even heard of. That being said, her rank is not sufficient for that kind of global access. In fact, had she had such access, and still gave up the code, she would be courts martialed. Deservedly so. There is absolutely no way the ending could have happened with Landry telling her she did the right thing.

Now, for creativity, what ever happened to fake data? What about fractured data. It's never all in one place. Searches are possible through data but not the whole database. And it would never never be yielded up by a real military officer. That was an insult to everyone who has given his/her life for country to protect information.

The ending was so patently ridiculous that it left a bad taste in my mouth. I urge the writers to sit down with Air Force security people and really go through a debriefing/security consultation about these matters. Whatever little they have reviewed is insufficient.
                          I found it very hard to believe that Carter would give up the data so easily. She knows how important it is. very out of character.

Btw, anyone else think that Barrett is the REAL Ba'al just in another body?

but, it was a good episode. very enjoyable Stargate night.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Oh, how I love the many Baals. Good episode. I enjoyed it.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                            Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                              Now I know why Jack O'Neill is coming back: to kick the butts of everyone in the SGC including and especially his old team. ........
                              --
                              And Sam....We're not even going to talk about the way they got the addresses of her by just threatening to shoot Barrett. That information was so important they should have had to shoot everyone in the base before she gave it to them. She caved way too fast and that was extremely disappointing.
                              THE OLD (PAST) LEADER OF SG-1 WOULD'VE UNDERSTOOD...WE NEED JACK BACK TO SAVE US FROM THE KINDER, GENTLER SGC.

Originally posted by eirenne
                              This is a television show after all. There are bound to be things that wouldn't jive in the RL.
                              To me, one of the greatest things about the show has been how it has managed to keep a touch of reality mixed in with the fantasy.

Oh, and did anyone else really wish that the poison would have 'culled' a few more from the flock?
                              Last edited by Terrarin; 04 August 2006, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                                I found it very hard to believe that Carter would give up the data so easily. She knows how important it is. very out of character.

Btw, anyone else think that Barrett is the REAL Ba'al just in another body?
                                What other choice did she have? I think she realized that there was no way to get out of the base. (well to her knowledge)

Sam would have sensed the naquadah............ so no.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X