Insiders (1004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrarin
    THE OLD (PAST) LEADER OF SG-1 WOULD'VE UNDERSTOOD...WE NEED JACK BACK TO SAVE US FROM THE KINDER, GENTLER SGC.
    Come on. Jack wouldn't have put that all together either. He'd been fooled many a time in the past on this show.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

oh ya, one more thing.....NO DANIEL?!

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin
        THE OLD (PAST) LEADER OF SG-1 WOULD'VE UNDERSTOOD...WE NEED JACK BACK TO SAVE US FROM THE KINDER, GENTLER SGC.
        LOL! It was a kinder-gentler SGC. They have definately lost their hard, cutting edge. Jack would have blown the darn thing up before he would have let them take over. No one even mentioned the self-destruct tonight!
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

I loved this episode it's back down to earth, the Ori are ok, but I like that they bring back a Goa'uld; and the fact that it's Ba'al is nice, because I like Ba'al (for a bad dude ). I like how Vala was arm wrestling Tea'lc! And Siler was in it the fist time this season YES!
          sigpic

Comment

Leave it to Ba'al to be one to outwit the whole team. Good episode, because of Ba'al. But, is anyone other than myself beginning to think, that all of this was planned by the Ancient's. Think about it, they didn't tell Anubis where Atlantis was, but they let him in on knowledge of a weapon that can kill ascended beings, that's hard to swallow.

Comment

I do get bored with Goa'uld issues in this "new" SG-1, though I understand the importance of keeping the original enemies around. Ba'al is boring, that's all there is to it.

Sam capitulated waaay to early. I mean, Barrett? He's obnoxious.

I loved Vala, just annoying enough to be her, but starting to show a serious, SG-1-worthy attitude. (Though I missed Daniel.)

And FINALLY-Cam admits he's not The Boss, but part of a team. I am interested in whether they will continue to play with the leadership issues on the team, especially in high-risk situations.

All-around decent, just part of the bigger plot.

Comment

This episode started with such promise and what was a 10/10 episode tripped at the end. I hate when that happens.

The episode began wonderfully. I'm not nomally a big fan of Ba'al, and I did not care for his clones in Season 9; however, this season, he was funny. The ball jokes were amusing, and the team dynamic worked well.

Vala was used well, and I like seeing that Daniel is not her keeper. I also liked the official declaration of Cam as leader in name only. Everyone on the team functions as an individual unit. Even the 20+ clones were cute.

That said, I loved the episode until Sam got stupid. I was suspecting that our NID boy was some kind of Ba'al tool, but I was suprised that Carter just handed over the data. I hate when Sam gets stupid, and she seems to do it once a season, i.e. Chimera and Gemini. Her intelligent, strong, military character turns into a passive wuss who just gives the villain what he or she wants. I kept expecting her to say that she had really given Ba'al the list of all the volcano planets or that the file was really a virus, but nope; she just gave him all the info the SGC had on the weapon. If the SGC wouldn't bargin for her, I don't see why she had to bargin for Barrett.

Overall, I liked the episode, and I am enjoying Season 10. I just wish that Sam's brain would not have left for part of the episode. 8/10 for character stupidity.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Tonight's episode was good. I'd watch it again (and I probably will in the am), but it isn't one of the top ten greatest episodes.

I loved the interaction between Sam and Vala. I was so glad we got a Jack mention. I am relieved with the Mitchell/Landry discussion of the leadership issue. I expected that discussion to be much worse. As it is, there is room for interpretation among the fans on who's in charge. I personally would prefer Sam as the leader, but this can work.

I didn't understand why they wouldn't give Vala a real gun early in the episode, but they let her lead a team of marines at the end. Not a major gripe though, because I like Vala. I also felt like Sam was written out of character in her scene as Ba'al's prisoner. I am glad she told them to kill her rather than get the information, but I didn't like her giving into his demand to protect Barrett. I wish she had been protecting Daniel, Teal'c, Mitchell, Vala, or even Landry. I think it would have played better that way, but again not a major gripe.

All in all, good job! I was satisfied with tonight's episode, and my hubby loved every minute (and he's a pretty tough customer).

Comment

Not bad, but not my favorite. Still, as it fits into the overall puzzle, it does well.

But why the hell wasn't the Al'Kesh intercepted way before it entered the atmosphere? Don't we have ships in orbit? Guess not...

On the other hand, I think this cinched the notion that our planes could have defended Earth pretty effectively against Goa'uld attack ships. Not motherships, but we could definitely handle Gliders and Al'kesh.

Comment

How in the world could Sam giving Ba'al the information be the right thing to do, like Landry said?
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
                        oh ya, one more thing.....NO DANIEL?!
                        Yep, this was one of the four episodes that Michael Shanks isn't gonna be in this year. I missed him this episode.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                          How in the world could Sam giving Ba'al the information be the right thing to do, like Landry said?
                          He just didn't want her to feel even worse than she already did, most likely.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You don't need to lie (and unless it was the right thing to do, it was a lie) to make a Lt. Colonel and member of the premiere SG team not feel worse than they do. If he had to try and make her feel better, there wasn't something else he could have said that wasn't a flat out lie? Unless, again, it was the right thing to do, which I'm not seeing.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                              Not bad, but not my favorite. Still, as it fits into the overall puzzle, it does well.

But why the hell wasn't the Al'Kesh intercepted way before it entered the atmosphere? Don't we have ships in orbit? Guess not...

On the other hand, I think this cinched the notion that our planes could have defended Earth pretty effectively against Goa'uld attack ships. Not motherships, but we could definitely handle Gliders and Al'kesh.
                              Baal wasn't axactly trying to take anyone out there. He didn't want to get blown out of the sky by showing resistance. And it was only one, not a squadron.

Suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                Because of the situation. From Sam's perspective, she knew that there were a bunch of heavily armed SF's ready to storm the place and take out all the Ba'als if need be.

I didn't see it as Sam capitulating to her captor. I saw it as her knowing that she needed to stall for time to give her team a chance to act.

It looked as though Ba'al had set it up so that all she had to do was enter was her access code and it's clear she did something to ensure the download arrived via slow boat to China...again, to stall for time...but it didn't look like he gave her any leeway to do much else. I would have loved it had she done something to render the data unusable, but perhaps she didn't have a way to do that from where she was. It would have been cool but again, it didn't look like there was much he allowed her to do.

The immediate threat was the loss of hostages and she ensured they didn't lose any of them while relying on her team to come in and contain the situation. And for that, her actions were right on course.

Further, they made a point of saying Anubis had this same information and never found the weapon...so perhaps they were looking at it for what it was...a wash.

It was an okay episode...but I was disappointed with the resolve. I was really pulling for Barrett to be the AlphaBa'al and that he had been from before EDM. But...ah well.

Not my favorite episode but it had some great character beats with Sam and Vala and Vala and Teal'c. But it was still quite a let down after Pegasus Project, which had me giddy for a full day after seeing it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X