Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My idea for a third spinoff would be as follows.
    "After a spectacular win against the Ori "Dominion/Unending""Sg-1 movie", we find a tablet writen in Ancient burried in aa hidden cave located in Stonehenge. Lt. General Oneill contacts the one person he knows can translate it. Dr. Daniel jackson who was currently on assingment in Atlantis. Dainel translates the tablet as "After a defeat against the Wraith in Pegasus and our split from the Ori, a plague has begun here on our orriginal home. We had know choice but to flee to another galaxy. If any of our breathren wish to follow you will need 5 ZPMS and this address (which is a nine chevron adress).
    Oneill believes we need to go and agrees to allow Daniel to go but also enlists a 5 team squad to go. When we arrive it is not at all what we expected. We arrive in what appeears to be an Ancient controll room but the facility has all but been destroyed. Only one computer screen works and displays an adress to go to. We then meet a few ancient survivors and told us that the Ancient race is all but extinct. They have come across an enemy that is ten times as worse as the wraith an Ori combined. They are called the Lashtiva. A race that has extremly advanced technology way more than the Ancients and arent worshiped as gods but are revered because of there power and no one dares to oppose them. We know have to face the ultimate enemy with no place for shelter/ no advanced technology and no way home.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      SG1 and SGA both had the same ratings as BSG has currently. SG1's ratings ranged from 1.5 to 1.9. BSG's ratings this season have been 1.8 and 1.6. If SG1's ratings were so bad, why does SciFi keep BSG on the air? BSG is obviously not a cheap show. SG1's cancellation revolved around contractual and licensing arguments between Skiffy and MGM. Even Skiffy admitted ratings were not poor enough to cancel the show.

There IS talk of a 3rd spinoff and MGM can take it anywhere they want - hopefully not anywhere near Skiffy.
      I love you. haha
      you sound almost as bitter and twisted as me about them taking stargate away and forcing dvd movies on us (dont get me wrong im still greatful that theres atleast something stargate on its way). there needs to be a few more seasons before we get to that point, there is still so much that that has to be told about the Ori. clearly they're the greatest force in the universe.

Comment

Some of the ideas that people have come up with here are very good IMO, although I must say I have serious reservations about an etire series based on time travel, in theory it's brilliant as you could have the team going from one time to the next but I think it would get old, fast (no pun intended lol)
        Personally I think the basis of the show will be a team getting sent back in time in the puddle jumper/time ship (can't remember if it was destroyed or not) although I don't really know where would be a good time to send them, to fight Ra? the original system lords? the more I think about it then the more quantum mechanics or whatever shoots down my theories, to be honest I'm quite worried about a time travel show
        We are the Wraith who say NI!!!

Comment

I know its not really a spin off

however...

I always thought it would be cool to have a series when the gou'old ruled the galaxy by following a System Lord/s or a jaffa/group of jaffa, like teal'c + the other prosperous first primes, like in the flashbacks where teal'c + other jaffa had fought Ra's forces and lost, and them on the ship in Apophis mothership (the first time tea'lc and some other jaffa ever get to see Apophis and that they got told to "shut up" in the sleeping quarters, then they were shown getting armed and ready for battle) in the episode after the episode "Enemies"

Would be intrest to actually see the "social" life of the jaffa/gould in every day living activites.

In my opinion anyways.
          I Have Information...

Comment

Originally posted by aligator_am View Post
            Some of the ideas that people have come up with here are very good IMO, although I must say I have serious reservations about an etire series based on time travel, in theory it's brilliant as you could have the team going from one time to the next but I think it would get old, fast (no pun intended lol)
            Personally I think the basis of the show will be a team getting sent back in time in the puddle jumper/time ship (can't remember if it was destroyed or not) although I don't really know where would be a good time to send them, to fight Ra? the original system lords? the more I think about it then the more quantum mechanics or whatever shoots down my theories, to be honest I'm quite worried about a time travel show
            That was actuaally my point about the Quantum Leap statement. A SG series based on time travel, I'm not so sure. Read my idea and let me know what you think.

Comment

Maybe this time travel will be a pretext to tell the story before SG-1, the story of the Ancients or of the Ori-Alteran war without being considered a prequel.
              School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer View Post
                Maybe this time travel will be a pretext to tell the story before SG-1, the story of the Ancients or of the Ori-Alteran war without being considered a prequel.
                Hmm interesting.

Comment

[QUOTE=neptie;5924861][QUOTE=Gatman;5903474]And then have an armada of new ships from multiple countries (i.e. japan, france, britian, etc) that have created their own BC-304.

And then maybe have a complicated story Arc where the Wraith follow Atlantis to the MW and get in a fight with the Ori and we become Allies, or a complicated sotry arc for the Asurans become our allies and fight the Ori, etc, etc.

That is sooooooooo trippy! I was looking for a thread about a 3rd spinoff to post my 'Stargate: Armada' idea (which isn't all that developed) and look! Gatman has beaten me to it!
                  mine, however limited it is, had the alien for the show ('cuz there's always an alien) reveals the location of a huge abandoned armada. If you could be in my head, you'd think it looks cool! I swear. I just don't have that ability to describe things when on cough medicine. and If this is coming out as disjointed, I blame the cough medicne.
                  point two. I also had a line about the ori finding the Pegasus Galaxy and getting in to a war with the wriath, that gave our guys time to figure stuff out.
                  b-e-a-utiful, Gatman!

Is that sarcasm?!?!

Comment

SG1 and SGA both had the same ratings as BSG has currently. SG1's ratings ranged from 1.5 to 1.9. BSG's ratings this season have been 1.8 and 1.6. If SG1's ratings were so bad, why does SciFi keep BSG on the air? BSG is obviously not a cheap show. SG1's cancellation revolved around contractual and licensing arguments between Skiffy and MGM. Even Skiffy admitted ratings were not poor enough to cancel the show.

There IS talk of a 3rd spinoff and MGM can take it anywhere they want - hopefully not anywhere near Skiffy.
                    Simply because they own BSG. So while it does actually cost more to make than Atlantis or SG-1, they still get all the correcial revenue from merchandising, dvd sales etc. Not to mention licensing fees from broadcasters around the world.

Stargate now is getting more expensive each season to make, however this is Sci-Fi's fault. Come S8, 9 etc. They could have signed the actors up on a multi-season contract. This allows the salaries to remain constant through out that time. Allowing the budget to stay the same. Therefore they could not use the excuse about it being too expensive to produce any longert. Ig SG-1 gets 500k to 1 mil new viewers every week for the 2nd half. I'm sure they would seriously reconsider ordering an 11th season.

I don't think the viewers will go up that much, so don't expect it. Atlantis though, I can see going for 1/2 more seasons max before they can that as well. They are even supposed to be planning to reschedule it from a Friday. I don't think it'll happen this season, but next year when it's on it's own. They'll probably put it back to a Wed/Thur.

What's worse for them is that all the international advertising they did for BSG must have cost them a good few mil. Yet it's only down to 1.4 right now. I expect it to level off at 1.5/1.6 for the season but this shows that it isn't the vastly superior show that they were claiming it to be when hyping it up pre-airing.

However, they probably are too stupid to admit they made a big mistake with canning SG-1. Sadly though, I doubt they will learn from their mistakes past & continue making piss poor decisions. This is why I don't think MGM will allow them to do a 3rd spin-off on Sci-Fi.

Skiffy seem to be doing everything they can to remove the Gates from their network, then when Caprica or whatever it's called comes as well. I can see SG slipping into the background in their avour.

Do I blame them for doing this, no. Because they own the show. So like any proud parent, their hyping their kid above everything else. Is BSG worth all this hype..Hell no! Does it matter what we think, no..Because they'll still do it anyway.

So unless they can get another network, I don't think we'll be seeing a 3rd spin-off on Sci-Fi anytime shortly. The only way they could potentially get away with it, is if they use a few from SG-1 as regulars. So will keep the majority of SG-1 fans on board etc.

The fact that they canned SG-1 with only 3 eps to film, then are supposedly going to re-schedule Atlantis makes me think they don't have any faith in SG on their network. That's why I don't think we'll be seeing a 3rd spin-off on Sci-Fi. Perhaps if Showtime show an interest then they can take it.

Although if that were to happen & became a success. I think they would really be pissed & Atlantis would be at an end as payback. Either way, the future isn't looking too good for Stargate shows at present.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter View Post
                      Simply because they own BSG. So while it does actually cost more to make than Atlantis or SG-1, they still get all the correcial revenue from merchandising, dvd sales etc. Not to mention licensing fees from broadcasters around the world.

Stargate now is getting more expensive each season to make, however this is Sci-Fi's fault. Come S8, 9 etc. They could have signed the actors up on a multi-season contract. This allows the salaries to remain constant through out that time. Allowing the budget to stay the same. Therefore they could not use the excuse about it being too expensive to produce any longert. Ig SG-1 gets 500k to 1 mil new viewers every week for the 2nd half. I'm sure they would seriously reconsider ordering an 11th season.

I don't think the viewers will go up that much, so don't expect it. Atlantis though, I can see going for 1/2 more seasons max before they can that as well. They are even supposed to be planning to reschedule it from a Friday. I don't think it'll happen this season, but next year when it's on it's own. They'll probably put it back to a Wed/Thur.

What's worse for them is that all the international advertising they did for BSG must have cost them a good few mil. Yet it's only down to 1.4 right now. I expect it to level off at 1.5/1.6 for the season but this shows that it isn't the vastly superior show that they were claiming it to be when hyping it up pre-airing.

However, they probably are too stupid to admit they made a big mistake with canning SG-1. Sadly though, I doubt they will learn from their mistakes past & continue making piss poor decisions. This is why I don't think MGM will allow them to do a 3rd spin-off on Sci-Fi.

Skiffy seem to be doing everything they can to remove the Gates from their network, then when Caprica or whatever it's called comes as well. I can see SG slipping into the background in their avour.

Do I blame them for doing this, no. Because they own the show. So like any proud parent, their hyping their kid above everything else. Is BSG worth all this hype..Hell no! Does it matter what we think, no..Because they'll still do it anyway.

So unless they can get another network, I don't think we'll be seeing a 3rd spin-off on Sci-Fi anytime shortly. The only way they could potentially get away with it, is if they use a few from SG-1 as regulars. So will keep the majority of SG-1 fans on board etc.

The fact that they canned SG-1 with only 3 eps to film, then are supposedly going to re-schedule Atlantis makes me think they don't have any faith in SG on their network. That's why I don't think we'll be seeing a 3rd spin-off on Sci-Fi. Perhaps if Showtime show an interest then they can take it.

Although if that were to happen & became a success. I think they would really be pissed & Atlantis would be at an end as payback. Either way, the future isn't looking too good for Stargate shows at present.
                      Wow not very positive are you? They canned the show with 7 episodes to film and three unwritten ones. As long as they can agree on a better contract with SGA and a third series i have no doubt the Stargate universe is far from over and while I would rather have it off of Scifi I'll take any Stargate on any channel.

Comment

Better to accept what's going to come sooner than later, rather than blindly believe that.

Personally, I live Atlantis better than SG-1 right now. Atlantis only made it because it was cheaper to make than SG-1 in regards to salaries. They originally signed on for 3/4/5 year contracts supposedly. So let's say it was 4, that's the end of next season. Therefore that means they will go down the SG-1 route of re-negotiating the cast year by year. Not to mention putting SG-1 regulars on it if the rumours turn out to be true.

Therefore if ratings stay the same, then I can see them giving it the big dreaded C stamp.

Put it this way, they have hardly done any SG promotions compared to BSG these last 2/3 seasons. SG-1 is gone, so that means a lot less people will tune in just to watch the 1 show. Then comes the changing the day it's shown. Not the best sign of a networks faith in the show!

All I'm saying is I think MGM will hold off from going down the 2nd spin-off until they see what happens with Atlantis. Say they start making it next year. They get a bit into Atlantis S4, then Sci-Fi announce they won't be renewing it etc.

The only way I can see MGM doing it is by forcing Skiffy to give them a guaranteed minimum amount of seasons providing it stays above whatever amount of regular viewers every week. This way, if it does crappy, they can axe it. However if it does well, then it at least gets a couple of seasons under it's belt, exempt from them toying with it's future. Either that or they get somethiong sorted out with another network beforehand.

Like I said though, I can see them waiting. They have time because they will be doing the SG-1 movies. So by that time, they'll know more of what Sci-Fi's intentions for Atlantis are.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter View Post
                          Better to accept what's going to come sooner than later, rather than blindly believe that.

Personally, I live Atlantis better than SG-1 right now. Atlantis only made it because it was cheaper to make than SG-1 in regards to salaries. They originally signed on for 3/4/5 year contracts supposedly. So let's say it was 4, that's the end of next season. Therefore that means they will go down the SG-1 route of re-negotiating the cast year by year. Not to mention putting SG-1 regulars on it if the rumours turn out to be true.

Therefore if ratings stay the same, then I can see them giving it the big dreaded C stamp.

Put it this way, they have hardly done any SG promotions compared to BSG these last 2/3 seasons. SG-1 is gone, so that means a lot less people will tune in just to watch the 1 show. Then comes the changing the day it's shown. Not the best sign of a networks faith in the show!

All I'm saying is I think MGM will hold off from going down the 2nd spin-off until they see what happens with Atlantis. Say they start making it next year. They get a bit into Atlantis S4, then Sci-Fi announce they won't be renewing it etc.

The only way I can see MGM doing it is by forcing Skiffy to give them a guaranteed minimum amount of seasons providing it stays above whatever amount of regular viewers every week. This way, if it does crappy, they can axe it. However if it does well, then it at least gets a couple of seasons under it's belt, exempt from them toying with it's future. Either that or they get somethiong sorted out with another network beforehand.

Like I said though, I can see them waiting. They have time because they will be doing the SG-1 movies. So by that time, they'll know more of what Sci-Fi's intentions for Atlantis are.
                          I agree. SGA has survived for two reasons. 1. b/c it is cheaper and 2 that they don't have the contract issues that SG-1 did. I hopee SGA is renewed and as long as the ratings are good and they have no money and contract issues I think we will see Atlantis continuing and third series, but I agree that they will wait and see and if need be go to another network.

Comment

First post! Hoot hoot, holler holler.

I'm sorry, I haven't exactly felt like reading the entire thread, so sorry if this has been said before.

In the same way they made Atlantis, in that a team finds an ancient city. They could do the same thing with a Furling city. Huh? I know we ALL want to see the Furlings. Why not have a spin-off where we find out, from an ancient maybe, about an old Furling world like the one in season 6 (Paradise Lost). With the help of the asgard they translate some text referring to the Furling home world, maybe in another galaxy AND maybe even out of our dimension. Kinda like the whole re'tu thing. We find out that they're not as passive as the Nox and had built some sort of awesome weapons and defense tech...

Just a thought.

Or why not just have a spin-off that isn't really a spin-off. It's still SG-1 but they've been forced to move it to a neutral location... say Hawaii... or a space base orbiting earth... Uproot Cheyenne mountain and put it into orbit.

Comment

In the same way they made Atlantis, in that a team finds an ancient city. They could do the same thing with a Furling city. Huh? I know we ALL want to see the Furlings. Why not have a spin-off where we find out, from an ancient maybe, about an old Furling world like the one in season 6 (Paradise Lost). With the help of the asgard they translate some text referring to the Furling home world, maybe in another galaxy AND maybe even out of our dimension. Kinda like the whole re'tu thing. We find out that they're not as passive as the Nox and had built some sort of awesome weapons and defense tech...
                              I think the way they were portrayed in '200' shows what the writers think of their creations. So I doubt we will ever get to see them in real life. The only way I worry they'll ever be included is by reading fanfic.

Or why not just have a spin-off that isn't really a spin-off. It's still SG-1 but they've been forced to move it to a neutral location... say Hawaii... or a space base orbiting earth... Uproot Cheyenne mountain and put it into orbit.
                              I think they were were going away from the SG-1 name in S9. It was goging to be renamed Stargate Command. However Sci-Fi didn't allow them to do it because they will have lost their record. Then to rub salt into the wounds, a few days before the record ep aired. They got in first by cancelling it. I mean, how low can you go!

I think the whole 2nd spin-off was well in the thoughts before SG-1 was cancelled. In a way, it may actually make the process easier in budgeting terms. As well as brining in some SG-1 regulars etc. However the fact that Atlantis has been performing lower than expected compared to past seasons, I'd imagine would be a little worrying for them. Then the fact that Sci-Fi announce that they may be planning to change the day that it is shown as. That from experience is always a bad sign, when they start messing with the airing day. Usually means the axe isn't far off. It was done with shows like Threshold, Night Walker or whatever it was called featuring the reporter Kolchek this year.

Atlantis has only made it because the cast are still on their original deals, therefore cheaper to make for MGM & ultimately less to pay in licensing fees for Sci-Fi. I've heard talk that they signed 3/4/5 year contracts. So being this is going into S4, then once those go. I don't even think they'll play around with the cat in trying to get a similar salary cap. I expect them to can it the moment those contracts go.

Never in a million years did I think SG-1 would get axed this early. Especially when the writers were talking abou thow they hoped the Ori storyline could last for a few seasons etc. After that, nothing will surprise me in regards to stupid decisions that Skiffy make from this point on.

The only good thing that MGM can take from it is thanks to the TV movies that are planned, then they have time to see what they do with Atlantis. These 2 movies will come out some time next year. Therefore by that tiome, they will probably have a fair indication of what plans Sci-Fi has for Atlantis if any.

If this happens & Atlantis goes as well. Then because they are starting the 2nd spin-off from the beginning, other networks like Showtime would be more interested to get in at the bottom rather than taking it when it's been on another network for ? seasons.

Either way, I think it may be a year or 2 away but I think we will get the 2nd spin-off, be that on Sci-Fi or another network.

Comment

I would like to see the new series, if there is one, on TNT so it's in HD. that would rock!

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Working...
                                X