This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gabriel_Lecter View Post
    im furious about that. how the hell do they take eight years to defeat (in comparison to the Ori) a ****ty little enemy like the Goa'uld. and then defeat almost god-like creatures in three?
    Beats me. Why would the Vietnam war last 15(?) years when World World 2 only lasted 6?

Comment

Even though I think alot of people probably don't want to see any kind of prequel series, I'd really like to see a series based on the Ancients(back when they were around, either in Pegasus or MW). Ever since the scene in Progeny(when Liam is telling Weir about what happened between the Alterrans and the Asurans), I thought it would be awesome to see a series based on the Ancients, and their explorations of various galaxies, and their adventures. A time traveling 2nd movie could easily set this up(SG-1 uses the Moebius jumper to go back in time for some reason, they meet the real Ancients, introducing new characters for the 3rd series/setting up the plot, etc), then go from there. Maybe it wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I think that would be really cool.
      I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

SG1 meeting actual ancients from several milion years ago and creating the base for a prequel series would be a great idea.
        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Famous View Post
          Even though I think alot of people probably don't want to see any kind of prequel series, I'd really like to see a series based on the Ancients(back when they were around, either in Pegasus or MW). Ever since the scene in Progeny(when Liam is telling Weir about what happened between the Alterrans and the Asurans), I thought it would be awesome to see a series based on the Ancients, and their explorations of various galaxies, and their adventures. A time traveling 2nd movie could easily set this up(SG-1 uses the Moebius jumper to go back in time for some reason, they meet the real Ancients, introducing new characters for the 3rd series/setting up the plot, etc), then go from there. Maybe it wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I think that would be really cool.
          great idea but I do not think it would makes whole series from it I think it would be better for a mini series show the history of the ancients and all the thing they have or got their ass kick by in the past. So basically four may be five episodes.

first one would be the asurans fighting the ori in their galaxy and then running as far away as they can. Then show them building up the stargate network and all thing they did in the galaxy.

The second one would be that the ancients plague, where did it come from them trying to find a cure and then some going to Pegasus,

Third one would them in countering the wraith the one hundred years wars and show us the asurans war and the endless ancients battles with the wraith.

The fourth and final one have them returning to the milky and Merlin and Janus and other people doing things in the milky way galaxy and trying to help us humans.

I think you perhaps link all these through a common story line by showing them through either Janus time traveling jumper or do a thing like we are following the same family through out the events.

Given the length of time through the first option may be best. But what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
            SG-1 was cancelled. Atlantis has the same low ratings as SG-1 and likely only survived cause it was cheaper to make.
            SG1 and SGA both had the same ratings as BSG has currently. SG1's ratings ranged from 1.5 to 1.9. BSG's ratings this season have been 1.8 and 1.6. If SG1's ratings were so bad, why does SciFi keep BSG on the air? BSG is obviously not a cheap show. SG1's cancellation revolved around contractual and licensing arguments between Skiffy and MGM. Even Skiffy admitted ratings were not poor enough to cancel the show.

There IS talk of a 3rd spinoff and MGM can take it anywhere they want - hopefully not anywhere near Skiffy.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              There IS talk of a 3rd spinoff and MGM can take it anywhere they want - hopefully not anywhere near Skiffy.
              Agreed. Keep Stargate far far away from Skiffys bloody grasp.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Hell if they could I would love to see them take Atlantis away from Sci fi. Teach them to cancel a perfectly good show still in its prime!

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

They could do an alliance type of movie, but not a ship based one! then there would no need for the stargate!
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I hope that another network buys the rights to SG-1 or even a canadian netwrok or UK's SKY and then they buy the rights to Atlantis season 5 and Battlestar Galactica season 4, and then Skiffy will go down the drain!!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
                      I hope that another network buys the rights to SG-1 or even a canadian netwrok or UK's SKY and then they buy the rights to Atlantis season 5 and Battlestar Galactica season 4, and then Skiffy will go down the drain!!
                      It would be nice to see SG-1 continue past the DVD movies and mabey it will, and I love taking the SGA and BSG away but I am afraid that could kill the show at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Personally I think a ship based show would be good, but not a remake of Quantum Leap.
                        i don't know about a ship based shows are ships blow up so fast.

Comment

Ships based show = not SG-X

Its all about exploring unkown places trough the STAR-GATES, not with ships whichh can just do anything they want. The teams would either remain on the ship, or be safe exploring the planets, knowing that their ship can beam them up whenever they want to.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gatman;5903474]And then have an armada of new ships from multiple countries (i.e. japan, france, britian, etc) that have created their own BC-304.

And then maybe have a complicated story Arc where the Wraith follow Atlantis to the MW and get in a fight with the Ori and we become Allies, or a complicated sotry arc for the Asurans become our allies and fight the Ori, etc, etc.
                            [QUOTE]

That is sooooooooo trippy! I was looking for a thread about a 3rd spinoff to post my 'Stargate: Armada' idea (which isn't all that developed) and look! Gatman has beaten me to it!
                            mine, however limited it is, had the alien for the show ('cuz there's always an alien) reveals the location of a huge abandoned armada. If you could be in my head, you'd think it looks cool! I swear. I just don't have that ability to describe things when on cough medicine. and If this is coming out as disjointed, I blame the cough medicne.
                            point two. I also had a line about the ori finding the Pegasus Galaxy and getting in to a war with the wriath, that gave our guys time to figure stuff out.
                            b-e-a-utiful, Gatman!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Personally I think a ship based show would be good, but not a remake of Quantum Leap.
                              quantum leap had nothing to do with ships. or did you mean enterprise.
                              and I happened to like quantum leap!

Comment

Originally posted by neptie View Post
                                quantum leap had nothing to do with ships. or did you mean enterprise.
                                and I happened to like quantum leap!
                                Someone who dosent like the current show was saying they hope they don't do a time travel series like quantum leap and I was agreeing. I too loved quantum leap and have all 5 seasons on DVD. I think a ship based show could still be called Stargate as they could still have gate travel from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                                X