This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    The third series should be set ten years in the future. People on earth no about the stargate and knows what our goverment as be doing. The jaffa are in full civil war after bra tac and teal'c are killed, They were the ones who was keeping the whole thing togeather.

The ori although severly weaken still excist in this galexy their followers still believe. They hold quite few worlds their were ships were destroyed but they blamed earth for the ori not being able to ascend them and want revenge, they still are quite force and rumared to be building a new fleet of war ships. Currently rumared to have a supeer gate and receiving reinforcements from the ori galexy.

Then I would have new enemy slowly rising to power, where they came from is misery to be reveal, they were the ones who killed the bra'tac and teal'k and manipulating the jaffa into a civil war, their aims are unknown and what they want to acheive is also unknown all that is known is that they want to destroyed earth and the jaff naton apart from that nothing else is known.

Earth is currently split china and russia want to move the stargate of us soil and on to some where which is independent. All the majour country would have ships. Theri also terroris groups who want to keep earth isolated and do not want earth to explore or help the rest of the galaxy.

Basically I would have the new series tackle ideas along these lines.

As for the movies, personally they need a mini series to finshed of the ori, then have a tv movie which lead into a new series but ths should not be a time traveling. Instead this should be unveiling of the stargate to the public. Which they thought was perfect timing as their was no majour threat to earth, but then I would have somthing happen, all leading in massive chaos and space and ground battles on and around earth. This would set up the series for 3rd series ideas.

Third series woulld show a much more populated galexy, which mean showing more alien species and ships, with no single enemy, until third or fourth series where they are slowly reveal, bit like babylon 5 and how reveal the shadows as the true enemy and behind a lot of the problem they face. Where their quite a few idea hear, I do not think it go a against the thread to much.
    I must say you have alot of good ideas and I like most of them except bratac and Teal'c being killed off screen or on. Haveing two major characters killed is not good IMO or revealing the Stargate. Everything else though is very good.
    Last edited by Mitchell82; 14 October 2006, 05:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The third series should be set ten years in the future. People on earth no about the stargate and knows what our goverment as be doing. The jaffa are in full civil war after bra tac and teal'c are killed, They were the ones who was keeping the whole thing togeather.

The ori although severly weaken still excist in this galexy their followers still believe. They hold quite few worlds their were ships were destroyed but they blamed earth for the ori not being able to ascend them and want revenge, they still are quite force and rumared to be building a new fleet of war ships. Currently rumared to have a supeer gate and receiving reinforcements from the ori galexy.

Then I would have new enemy slowly rising to power, where they came from is misery to be reveal, they were the ones who killed the bra'tac and teal'k and manipulating the jaffa into a civil war, their aims are unknown and what they want to acheive is also unknown all that is known is that they want to destroyed earth and the jaff naton apart from that nothing else is known.

Earth is currently split china and russia want to move the stargate of us soil and on to some where which is independent. All the majour country would have ships. Theri also terroris groups who want to keep earth isolated and do not want earth to explore or help the rest of the galaxy.

Basically I would have the new series tackle ideas along these lines.

As for the movies, personally they need a mini series to finshed of the ori, then have a tv movie which lead into a new series but ths should not be a time traveling. Instead this should be unveiling of the stargate to the public. Which they thought was perfect timing as their was no majour threat to earth, but then I would have somthing happen, all leading in massive chaos and space and ground battles on and around earth. This would set up the series for 3rd series ideas.

Third series woulld show a much more populated galexy, which mean showing more alien species and ships, with no single enemy, until third or fourth series where they are slowly reveal, bit like babylon 5 and how reveal the shadows as the true enemy and behind a lot of the problem they face. Where their quite a few idea hear, I do not think it go a against the thread to much.
      I like some of your ideas, but we need to finish the Ori story line. In my idea I would make it so that all of the major countries on Earth(around like 20) with the major economy to have the money and resources to build BC-304s(and maybe more... ) and build them. And have an Armada of Earth ships from different countries all taking orders from the INTERNATIONAL OVERSIGHT ADVISORY[IOA]. To defend the Earth, from the Ori Armada, and then after defeating the Ori ships in our Galaxy having them decide to take the fight to their galaxy, by decided to blow-up a sun right when they're about to go into hyperspace so the jump will take them to the Ori galaxy, to destroy them there, and then use their supergate to return home.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatman View Post
        I was reading the gateworld.net news and they're going to make two movies and one of them will be used to make another spin-off similiar to how they made Stargate-SG1 from the original movie.
        Where'd you get this information? All we know is that Movie #1 will finish the Ori plot and Movie #2 will be a time travel story. There has been no news about a third series.

Comment

If another spin-off of Stargate does end up coming out of the second SG-1 film, I just hope it lives up to the quality of SG-1 and SGA. Replacing SG-1, it would have some big shoes to fill.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would hope sence Atlantis is still on the Air , if they do come up with a 3rd Spin off series they would take it the same way they did Atlantis ... A Quest to find an advanced city left behind by a group of Ancients or a being that is just as far along as the Ancients if not further along ...

Maybe have it setup in a galaxy much father away then Atlantis is setup ... Maybe a 6 month long journy to this galaxy would be need by a Asgard ship just to get there .

It could besetup to be one of the First Galaxies the Ancients lived Millions to Billions of years ago , before coming to the MilkWay Galaxy ... Could be that there first Galaxy they lived in was attacked by someother kind of Ancient being , somethign that is jsut as powerful as the Ancients where . Over time the Ancients lost alot of there Technology couse of this war with this other Ancient Race , so to keep the rest of there knowledge and to learn more , they had no choice but to leave to the MW Galaxy .

After the Ancients left this galaxy the other Ancinet Race left to find them , but they ended up on a difrent path then the Ancients . Over time they where to make there way back to this galaxy , but when they show up they FIND us the STARGATE team there instead , they try to take over the new City that we find . The New Stargate team with no help defends the new base with there lives .. SO starts the new enemy and a new show that could also live side by side with Atlantis ..

Could also have Atlantis be the STARGATE that we use to get to this enw Galaxy , sence the Atlatnis STARGATE can travel from galaxy to galaxy ..

Comment

I think a cool idea for a new show would be one when they are on another planet, Like the Beta sight or something. Something happens and the Jaffa nation splits into 2 camps, not at war (although that could come later) but tension is high like a cold war. The Ori are dead, but not all of the followers and they are now lead by a prior that came from this galaxy. (Maybe an old gauld, even Baal)

The real difference would be that through some act of treachery on part of the trust, the beta base, or what ever it is called, is declared an enemy of stargate command. Now not only have to contend with the Jaffa and Ori remnants, but the people from earth as well. This would make for some interesting episodes were sg teams fight other sg teams, (the off base ones would use zats/stun guns of course) while the Odyssey attacks the heroes from space.

This could also bring up some things about how people on the base don't feel as a part of earth anymore and that they no longer are citizens of the planet earth and not subject to sgc.

Other things that would need to be addressed would be manufacturing goods to use, and things like transport jammers so ships couldn't just beam them up.

The end of the first season would be the group making a run through the stargate to a new secret base, (one that earth doesn't know the location of, possibly an old abandoned gauld research center) while under an attack by forces from the sgc.

The main team would be made up of
              Col, Jack Oneil - The young dupicate is grown up now
              Daniel Jackson - How could it SG without daniel
              Lt. Hailey - They need someone smart
              Vala - She is always getting into trouble and could have even been a
              pawn in the trusts schemes.

The main bad guys would be
              The leader of the ori ???
              Teal'c - As leader of the jaffa nation allied with Earth he would be
              forced to go against the "rebel" base
              You guessed it Gen. Landry - For obvious reasons
              Col. Mitchell - He is now in charge of the Earth division assianed to
              track down the rebels and arrest them.

sorry for it being so long but i thought it would be a cool idea.
              Last edited by bonez332; 15 October 2006, 01:11 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

What makes people think there will even be a third spinoff? Lots of pie in the sky fervent hope by the producers but the reality?
                SG-1 was cancelled. Atlantis has the same low ratings as SG-1 and likely only survived cause it was cheaper to make. Ratings don't look like they're gonna ever go back to 2 million. My money's on Atlantis getting the chop with Season 4 being the last in all probability. There'll be a TV movie to tie things up and that'll be it.
                Gate was a great show but it was a small niche show in the Scifi world. People are kidding themselves if they think it's a Trek like jugganaut that can endure.All things must come to an end.

Comment

You are wrong because mgm wants it to become jaggernought, and they beleive it can and they got the money to make it happen, first they have got find a bigger channel to show the series and then you will see the viewers, certainly they receive quite a few downloads of itune and is one of the most pirated shows online which mean the viewers and audience are their all they need to do is put it one big network channel. Perhaps the second movie would a good candidate for this.

Comment

You are wrong because mgm wants it to become jaggernought, and they beleive it can and they got the money to make it happen
                    MGM may want it to but that doesn't make it so if the numbers aren't there rating wise. In the end they're a business and the harheads won't invest money if the writings on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                      I would hope sence Atlantis is still on the Air , if they do come up with a 3rd Spin off series they would take it the same way they did Atlantis ... A Quest to find an advanced city left behind by a group of Ancients or a being that is just as far along as the Ancients if not further along ...

Maybe have it setup in a galaxy much father away then Atlantis is setup ... Maybe a 6 month long journy to this galaxy would be need by a Asgard ship just to get there .

It could besetup to be one of the First Galaxies the Ancients lived Millions to Billions of years ago , before coming to the MilkWay Galaxy ... Could be that there first Galaxy they lived in was attacked by someother kind of Ancient being , somethign that is jsut as powerful as the Ancients where . Over time the Ancients lost alot of there Technology couse of this war with this other Ancient Race , so to keep the rest of there knowledge and to learn more , they had no choice but to leave to the MW Galaxy .

After the Ancients left this galaxy the other Ancinet Race left to find them , but they ended up on a difrent path then the Ancients . Over time they where to make there way back to this galaxy , but when they show up they FIND us the STARGATE team there instead , they try to take over the new City that we find . The New Stargate team with no help defends the new base with there lives .. SO starts the new enemy and a new show that could also live side by side with Atlantis ..

Could also have Atlantis be the STARGATE that we use to get to this enw Galaxy , sence the Atlatnis STARGATE can travel from galaxy to galaxy ..
                      ah, chea thats what I FIRST SAID in my ideas for a third spin-off. Where they find a gate coordinates with 9 CHEVRONS to a galaxy out of the local group of galaxies that would take an asagrd ship lets say 2 years to reach and with a ZPM, idk lets make it 6months. Where they find out that, thets where the Ancients Truly originated from that they evoulved from a race called the The Progenitors Which are the elders of the universe they existed about 4 billion years ago(similiar to The Progenitors in the star-trek universe). But we'll make it so thats where all Bi-Pedal humonoid species evouvled from like the Asgard, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                        I guess you did not read the full article since the first movie will finish the Ori story line
                        im furious about that. how the hell do they take eight years to defeat (in comparison to the Ori) a ****ty little enemy like the Goa'uld. and then defeat almost god-like creatures in three?

Comment

Well I am hoping that it will not be base on our time line. They in the movie would be set over 2 or threes years at lease, and show how we fought the ori for that long. That would be the best way to write the movie but it would be better if it was done as a mini series.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel_Lecter View Post
                            im furious about that. how the hell do they take eight years to defeat (in comparison to the Ori) a ****ty little enemy like the Goa'uld. and then defeat almost god-like creatures in three?
                            The team is more experienced now, therefore they'll be more efficient this time ;-)
                            Plus, they don't have much time - in an year the ori forces are supposed to conquer the
                            entire galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel_Lecter View Post
                              I don't see what difference it makes, which would take longer, killing 4 lions or 4000 sheep?

Comment

I always thought a third spin off would be set at stargate command and feature a special SG team without a number they battle a new menace, and that guy who plays General Landry could reprise his role hmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X