The all inclusive final scene/episode speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG
    I'm gonna take your idea about time travel and go with it.

Let's say that Jack finally comes clean and tells the gang, that in reality there really are supposed to be no fish in his pond. They realize that the last SG-1 to time-travel messed things up somehow, and that's why the Ori have shown up. They decide to once more go back and fix it. This of course requires Jack's help since he has the ancient gene.

They go back in time once more, this time the timeline is fixed. We pick up where Threads left off. The original four go fishing at Jack's place. Jack tells them he's retiring for good but that he's recommending Hank Landry to take his place. He's also heard that Major Mitchell (who performed so heroically in Antartica) has requested to join SG-1, to learn from the best.

The team thinks it would be a good fit. They've gotten to know Mitchell during his recovery and he's an okay guy, if a little on the hyper side and after all he did help save them in Antartica. More talking, more bonding as the camera pulls away and we fade to black.
    Woot! Love it! Something that ends feeling good for everyone, gives the veteran characters respect, gives the new characters recognition and potential... and leaves things feeling 'together' but also with open potential for future adventures (movies, etc) for all.

Comment

i dont want to see a SERIES finale

i do like your idea, but i hope the writers do it so they can end the show, but at least leave an opening for a renwal (if it happens)
      anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        I'm gonna take your idea about time travel and go with it.

Let's say that Jack finally comes clean and tells the gang, that in reality there really are supposed to be no fish in his pond. They realize that the last SG-1 to time-travel messed things up somehow, and that's why the Ori have shown up. They decide to once more go back and fix it. This of course requires Jack's help since he has the ancient gene.

They go back in time once more, this time the timeline is fixed. We pick up where Threads left off. The original four go fishing at Jack's place. Jack tells them he's retiring for good but that he's recommending Hank Landry to take his place. He's also heard that Major Mitchell (who performed so heroically in Antartica) has requested to join SG-1, to learn from the best.

The team thinks it would be a good fit. They've gotten to know Mitchell during his recovery and he's an okay guy, if a little on the hyper side and after all he did help save them in Antartica. More talking, more bonding as the camera pulls away and we fade to black.
        I like the idea of using time travel to fix things, and I think that this storyline could be used to incorporate a lot of astrogeologist's suggestions.

Maybe, over the course of the first episode of a two or three-parter, the Ori could attack Earth, capture Mitchell, Vala and others from the SGC (kill a few of them if people don't mind temporary deaths) and start wiping out the population. Jack returns to what's left of the SGC (maybe with Hammond?) to mount a defence alongside Sam, Daniel and Teal'c but the Ori overpower them. An Ascended - Oma, Shifu or Skaara would have my vote - intervenes, snatching the four of them out of harm's way just before the Ori reduce Cheyenne Mountain to rubble.

The team are then told that this wasn't the way it was supposed to happen, the fish in Jack's pond wasn't the only difference. Daniel and Vala were never supposed to draw the Ori's attention to our galaxy. In the original timeline, the Ori were to travel to another galaxy, where they would run afoul of an incredibly advanced race who would wipe the floor with them. The Ancients normally wouldn't be allowed to interfere, but since the problem was caused by an Ancient device and a descendant of the Ancients, they can exploit a loophole in their rules and offer SG-1 the chance to hit the reset button... but there's a catch.

While hitting the reset button will prevent the Ori posing a threat to Earth, the Ancients can't guarantee what will happen in the reset timeline, to SG-1 or to anyone else. It is possible that a new, worse enemy could do even more damage to the galaxy than the Ori would have but, given that Earth is on it's last legs, they agree. The Ancients can provide the technology for SG-1 to go back or give them directions to a device that will bring the timeline back to the way it would have been beforehand.

The last episode can either end with KatG's idea of a fishing trip or, if RDA is willing to take part in any mini-series/TV movie, in the briefing room at the SGC, where Jack will be telling Sam that her team have clearance for their mission to P9E-222 and wishing "Major Mitchell" the best of luck on his first mission, leaving the storyline open to be continued if needs be but at the same time not making any further episodes necessary.
        Last edited by ReganX; 05 September 2006, 10:20 AM.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

- A proper series finale should have RDA on full-time as the lead again. He started it, and I want him to finish it.

- An emotional end to Vala's relationship with Adria. And for Daniel to be there for her when it happens.

- I want to see what becomes of the Jaffa, and Teal'c's place in that society. I alsowant to know what happens to Bra'tac, Rya'c, Ishta etc (edit: I don't know if any of them are dead or not b/c I skipped 14 episodes of Season 9 *las*).

- a non-AU, non-dream sequence, non-aliens-made-them-do-it conclusion to the Jack/Sam storyline. And it had better be good.

- General Hammond, Cassie, and Major Davis all should at least have a cameo.

- In terms of plot: NO time travel, bring in the Ancients, bring in the Asgard, the Tok'ra, the Goa'uld ... ALL of them. Remind us of how much we've learned in ten years.

That's all I can think of right now.
          sigpic

Comment

^^ Yeah, time travel is a big no no, Moebius spoiled season 8, Threads or Reckoning would of been much better finales imo.

Comment

Definately not time travel!!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

The last thing I'd want to see is something that renders any part of the show null and void. That would leave me, to put it mildly, enraged.
                [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

what would be good is all the races in the galaxy coming together to a summit on earth, shots of asgard mother ship hovering over an earth city(phwoar!), the tokra,unas, everyone getting together in unity, thats what the gate system was made for in the first place, it would be great if our galaxy was unified as it would leave plenty of room for trouble in the pegasus galaxy in future.

Comment

IF I find out about the plot, while in Vancouver, how much would you pay for it? Huh??? Just kidding....even if I was able to find out from the writers or cast, I would never let it out and ruin it for everyone. I do know, that as of this afternoon, even the crew didn't have a clue. Not even a working title.......besides, I love surprises!
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

How about Mitchelle goes full circle and gets shot down over Antarctica again?
                      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Whatever the plot is I'm sure we will all be pleasently surprised by the SG-1 finale. I have no doubt it will be any less than spectacular!
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Lets not forget the Wraith have Earths location now (im pretty sure they still do anyway), so im hoping for a huge cross-over battle where the Ori show up at earth to try to convert it, and at the same time, the wraith show up and an all out battle ensues over earth, who at some point got their drones resupplied. Oniell powers the chair to antartica to help with the battle, but they run out of drones halfway through.

At this point, Anubis makes a suprise appereance using the Asgard hologram technology and offers earth assistance (they are all suprised to see him alive i might add), and then the Asgard happen to show up.

Now we have a battle against Anubis, Asgard, Earth, Wraith, and the Ori all in 1 episode. The biggest battle in Stargate for the Finale...

Comment

Originally posted by Kastro187420
                            Lets not forget the Wraith have Earths location now (im pretty sure they still do anyway), so im hoping for a huge cross-over battle where the Ori show up at earth to try to convert it, and at the same time, the wraith show up and an all out battle ensues over earth, who at some point got their drones resupplied. Oniell powers the chair to antartica to help with the battle, but they run out of drones halfway through.

At this point, Anubis makes a suprise appereance using the Asgard hologram technology and offers earth assistance (they are all suprised to see him alive i might add), and then the Asgard happen to show up.

Now we have a battle against Anubis, Asgard, Earth, Wraith, and the Ori all in 1 episode. The biggest battle in Stargate for the Finale...
                            Now that would be one badass battle!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Hopefully the final episode while involve a spectacular space battle. I hope they actually find the sangraal before the end, just so we can find out what it actually is. It'd be funny if the Sangraal actually ended up being:

Spoiler:
                              Chuck Norris, who hunts down the Doci and kills him with a roundhouse kick to the head. What? you haven't heard all the chuck norris jokes?
                              Sometimes the truth........
                              Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
                              Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
                              - General George S. Patton

Comment

I'd like to see the main characters 'pretty much at the top of their games'; that is, no Hapless Moments (look of D'oh on the face in times of major crisis), no 'just a bunch of lucky screw-up moments... a little scientific trial and error to get to a solution would be fine - and even great if handled well, but not if it's handled in a way that makes the scientists (or main) heroes look inept or bumbling.

Comment

Working...
                                X