The all inclusive final scene/episode speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 words come to mind:

Hey Mitchell, when the time comes... cut the green one.

Comment

This thread is for discussion of how fans want to see the end of the SG-1 series handled/wrapped-up.

This thread is *not* for posting rants or hopes that the SG-1 series will continue into a Season 11. There are many other threads, forums and other venues for fans who are hoping that the series will continue into a Season 11.

-------

So, what are you hoping to see for a Series Finale?
      Keeping in mind that there may, or may not be, subsequent SG-1 movies.

----------

I am hoping to see

1) a storyline that pulls the veteran characters together
      (not something that splits them apart to work on different fronts)
      [veteran characters = Jackson, Carter and Teal'c (and O'Neill - if RDA is willing)]

2) a storyline that gives closure to the series in an appropriately heroic and large-scale scifi fashion

3) *no* deaths amongst the major characters
      (that includes the veteran and new characters - so no one dies with a heroic sacrifice)

4) a storyline that rewards the veteran characters for their 10 years of service with the Stargate Program, and for their countless heroic efforts to save the planet! But I'm not talking medals (Mitchell's Congressional Medal of Honor pretty much upstages (and belittles) anything awarded to the veteran members of SG-1 at this point).

5) a storyline that re-establishes the feeling of friendship (or family) amongst the veteran characters (O'Neill, Carter, Jackson and Teal'c). The end of Moebius and Threads did a good job of this, but it was destroyed at the beginning of Season 9, where they wrote it such that the original members of SG-1 were scattering and apart.

6) something with time travel would work wonderfully. The fan favorites chosen for the SG-1 marathons are predominantly time-travel episodes, so a well written time-travel episode would have a good chance of becoming a new fan favorite.

7) Focus and emphasis on the team - a storyline that requires the efforts of all of the veteran characters equally, and in the same place. Working together, each equally integral to the ultimate potential victory. *Not* a storyline where only one of the characters is essential to the plot, while the others provide backup or cover fire. Make the finale a true Team effort.

Overall, I'd like to see a storyline that corrects what the beginning of Season 9 did when they wrote it such that the original members of SG-1 scattered completely apart. I'd like to see something that pulls them back together - and then leaves them together as a team. If they can't be called SG-1 anymore, fine, they can be SG-X working with the Asgard or on a ship or some such. Coming back to Earth occassionally, visiting Atlantis occassionally, or simply having their own adventures in a movie occassionally.

8) Have O'Neill retire and take a position as an Ambassador. This would allow his character to be available for whenever RDA wishes to be in an episode or movie.
      Last edited by astrogeologist; 05 September 2006, 09:13 AM.

Comment

the milky way galaxy including earth bowing down to the ori ...seriously. give it a everything in the past tens years was for nothing hopeless feeling
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Something involving the ancients coming back with a huge fight with the Ori. After that A bunch of ancients become Guardians of the Stargates all over the galaxy and moniter all gate activity to prevent furhter invasions of other world. Or maybe the shut down the gate network lol.

Another ending I was thinking of is after the Ori are defeated Baal or hte Tok'ra come out of nowhere nad begin to take over the galaxy. The Tok'ra reclaim their rightful position of rulers of the galaxy. That would be a crazy plot twist. After all they did say they were trying to infiltrate the Gaou'ld over long term period of time, maybe now they will unveil all the secret worlds/technologies the yhave obtained throughout the galaxy in order to claim it theirs.

On Earth the trust infilitrate the American government and basically being to run it. No one ever finds out and a bunch of politicians (really Gauo'ld) get the stargate program shut down, only leave Stargate command open for Atlantis, and Sg-1 who will come back in 50 years to meet Cassandra.

50 years past. The scene from 1969 appears when SG-1 meets Cassandra. They all go back ot their normal time period through the gate. As the gate closes, Cassandra is ssmiling, and her eyes begin to glow. THE GAOUL'D HAVE FINALLY WON!

Comment

[QUOTE=Saif Blade]
            Another ending I was thinking of is after the Ori are defeated Baal or hte Tok'ra come out of nowhere nad begin to take over the galaxy. The Tok'ra reclaim their rightful position of rulers of the galaxy. That would be a crazy plot twist. After all they did say they were trying to infiltrate the Gaou'ld over long term period of time, maybe now they will unveil all the secret worlds/technologies the yhave obtained throughout the galaxy in order to claim it theirs.

QUOTE]

Its actually the Tok'ra that are evil (and were the evil lords that cause slavement for the people of other worlds and so on) and it was the Goa'ulds which were trying to wipe out the Tok'ra and the only way that it would be possible was for the system lords to take full control of the human host to ensure the Tok'ras Destruction. but the Tok'ra were living the old ways when the host and symbiote lived together. That would shock alot of fans that its the tok'ra which were the evil begins and we sided with them and then it makes the SGC look bad.

This idea only came due to the quote of Saif Blade when he but the tok'ra retakenin the milky way back.
            Come on Wait Wait here we go and now who looks cool

Found u runner dinner time oh thats it oh crap defeated again

Comment

I want it to be epic. Lot's of explosions, shooting and first class CG. If it beats Lost City I will be more than happy.

On the other hand, if the show ends with a cliffhanger I will be annoyed beyond belief.
              Last edited by jenks; 05 September 2006, 07:29 AM.

Comment

i want to see a unas hack off a priors head...........

Comment

I want to see closer to the ori storyline. Basically where daniel discovers that Olma never actually stripped him of his ascended knowledge, just supressed it. So, somehow he learns to unsupress it and using the knowledge he is able to find a way to defeat the ori. Just a idea.

Comment

Gates explode. Everyone dies.

OR

The Ori capture/destroy Earth. Survivors make their way to the PG and Atlantis, where they must find a way to defeat the Ori.

OR

Happy ending for the team, the Ori are defeated, and the Stargate program is made public, setting up the third series.

Comment

An all out battle for Earth.
                      SG-1 have Merlin's weapon, it's currently in the SGC, the Ori find out and their remaining toilet ships head for Earth. The SGC contacts everyone we know and asks them to help defend Earth. The public is told, all of Earth's resources are diverted to the defence of Earth. SG-1 need to get the weapon to the Ori galaxy, they find out about an ancient research facility which they think will have a way of getting to it. Back on Earth the toilet ships engage the defence fleet, the antarctic outpost opens fire using Atlantis' ZPM, the drones batter the toilet ships and cause interuptions to their shilds, the remaining defence ships open fire, the toilet ships are destroyed. SG-1 activate the facilitys systems, including a galaxy wide sensor network, on it they see an active supergate, a new wave of Ori ships is head for Earth. SG-1 warn Earth but are told that the outpost doesn't have enough drones left to combat the next wave, the weapon is their only hope. SG-1 hurriedly search the facility's database for any mention of the Ori. The Ori ships have arrived on Earth, the outpost quickly runs out of drones, the defence fleet is being desimated. The Trust, in a bid to save Earth from total destruction send out a broadcast telling the Ori the weapon has been sent to the Alpha site, the Orici proclaims the location given is a lie, the Ori fleet continues its attack. Many of the allied ships flee, because there is no point dieing to defen Earth if the weapon is not there. Ori fighters break through Earth's atmosphere and begin attacking cities. Ori toilet ships begin to land on Earth, their ground forces engage Earth's military forces. SG-1 has come across an account of the split between the Ori and the Ancients, Daniel skimmes through it and finds the location, meanwhile Carter has found a ZPM in the facility, which she hooks up to the gate. On Earth the battle is going very badly, the fleet is gone, the Ori forces are everywhere, suddenly bright flashes of light appear all over Earth, the Ancients are fighting with us, but then just as the tide of war was turning it abruptly stops, the Ori themselves have joined in now, Earth is now in utter chaos. SG-1 has dialed the gate to the Ori galaxy, mitchel is about to take the weapon through when Daniel shots out 'wait', he has read through the account of the split propperly, it reveals that the Ori thought it was their duty to help less advanced races to acieve a utopian way of life, the ancients disagreed, they believed less advanced races were there to help them with their research, to make themseves more powerful and advanced, the Orici was right, the Ancients are the ones who are using us. On Earth a fiece battle is being fought at the SGC as they try and send as many people to safety through the stargate as possible, but the SGC defences are no match for the Orici and her troops, they are nearing the gate room, General Landry makes a last ditch assult against the Orici, it seems to be working, the Orici collapses and dies, suddenly an Ori appears, it brings back the Orici and wipes out Landry's men, he manages to get to afety just in time. SG-1 activates the weapon in an attempt to destroy the Ancients. All the asended being disappear. the Orici has taken the gate room, an incoming wormhole opens and SG-1 step through, the Orici is about to kill them but Vala tells her to stop, she then explains about the account and about how they have wiped out the Ancients, the Orici says they must still all die or accept Origin, Vala says they don't because there is no point to it all any more. A single Ori appears in the gate room, he agrees to leave the galaxy for ever if they hand over the weapon, so the Ori can free all the Universe of the Ancient menace, SG-1 agrees, the Ori forces leave Earth inruins, the SGC is gone, the world knows about it, all the great civilizations of our galaxy are in very bad shape. SG-1 and Landry go to the breifing room, pick up the chairs, clear the table and begin their mission debriefing. The final shots are of a seemingly primitive human occupied planet, a group of uniformed people are gathered in a bunker, the most important looking one says 'it's time', it cuts to a shot of the planet again, a whole swarm of small spaceships fly out of the atmosphere and enter hyperspace. The End?

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis
                        10 words come to mind:

Hey Mitchell, when the time comes... cut the green one.
                        I was thinking the same thing. That could definatly come into play in the final episodes.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I definantly want to see some action!!!! A battle for earth would be wonderful. I want Stargate to go out with a BANG!!!!!! Something epic would satisfy me greatly.
                          sigpic

GROOVY!!

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=altonbrownrox">Play Trivia and Quizzes at FunTrivia.com</a>

Come and play trivia quizzes to your heart's desire!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            I am hoping to see

1) a storyline that pulls the veteran characters together
                            (not something that splits them apart to work on different fronts)
                            [veteran characters = Jackson, Carter and Teal'c (and O'Neill - if RDA is willing)]

2) a storyline that gives closure to the series in an appropriately heroic and large-scale scifi fashion

3) *no* deaths amongst the major characters
                            (that includes the veteran and new characters - so no one dies with a heroic sacrifice)

4) a storyline that rewards the veteran characters for their 10 years of service with the Stargate Program, and for their countless heroic efforts to save the planet! But I'm not talking medals (Mitchell's Congressional Medal of Honor pretty much upstages (and belittles) anything awarded to the veteran members of SG-1 at this point).

5) a storyline that re-establishes the feeling of friendship (or family) amongst the veteran characters (O'Neill, Carter, Jackson and Teal'c). The end of Moebius and Threads did a good job of this, but it was destroyed at the beginning of Season 9, where they wrote it such that the original members of SG-1 were scattering and apart.

6) something with time travel would work wonderfully. The fan favorites chosen for the SG-1 marathons are predominantly time-travel episodes, so a well written time-travel episode would have a good chance of becoming a new fan favorite.

7) Focus and emphasis on the team - a storyline that requires the efforts of all of the veteran characters equally, and in the same place. Working together, each equally integral to the ultimate potential victory. *Not* a storyline where only one of the characters is essential to the plot, while the others provide backup or cover fire. Make the finale a true Team effort.

Overall, I'd like to see a storyline that corrects what the beginning of Season 9 did when they wrote it such that the original members of SG-1 scattered completely apart. I'd like to see something that pulls them back together - and then leaves them together as a team. If they can't be called SG-1 anymore, fine, they can be SG-X working with the Asgard or on a ship or some such. Coming back to Earth occassionally, visiting Atlantis occassionally, or simply having their own adventures in a movie occassionally.

8) Have O'Neill retire and take a position as an Ambassador. This would allow his character to be available for whenever RDA wishes to be in an episode or movie.
                            Those are all good ideas!

What I don't want to see is anything that makes it seem like the show is over. I don't want them to defete the Ori, or the rest of the Goa'uld, I don't want all the gates to be shut down, or members to be killed off. It's hard to say what I do want because I basically want it all. I want them to go back and finish old storylines, but there isn't enough show left to do that properly. It's easier to say what I don't want to happen.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

-Something that leaves a sense of completion, closure, and accomplishment... but not to the point of feeling like there's no room for continuation.

-Sam and Jack get to live happily ever - or as close as realistically possible.

-Er... not time travel. Time travel episodes are starting to bug me. Seriously.

-Earth finds out that there IS life out there, and that there's a marvellous device called the Stargate. Or maybe not; this might not work so well with Atlantis. Or would it...? Atlantis is supposed to be civillian-operated...

-Like Astrogeologist said, no deaths amongst main characters. None, zilch, zip, nada, farshtayst?

-The Dream Team (the original SG-1) working together again.
                              Last edited by Syera; 05 September 2006, 10:48 AM.
                              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                This thread is for discussion of how fans want to see the end of the SG-1 series handled/wrapped-up.

This thread is *not* for posting rants or hopes that the SG-1 series will continue into a Season 11. There are many other threads, forums and other venues for fans who are hoping that the series will continue into a Season 11.

-------

So, what are you hoping to see for a Series Finale?
                                Keeping in mind that there may, or may not be, subsequent SG-1 movies.
                                I'm gonna take your idea about time travel and go with it.

Let's say that Jack finally comes clean and tells the gang, that in reality there really are supposed to be no fish in his pond. They realize that the last SG-1 to time-travel messed things up somehow, and that's why the Ori have shown up. They decide to once more go back and fix it. This of course requires Jack's help since he has the ancient gene.

They go back in time once more, this time the timeline is fixed. We pick up where Threads left off. The original four go fishing at Jack's place. Jack tells them he's retiring for good but that he's recommending Hank Landry to take his place. He's also heard that Major Mitchell (who performed so heroically in Antartica) has requested to join SG-1, to learn from the best.

The team thinks it would be a good fit. They've gotten to know Mitchell during his recovery and he's an okay guy, if a little on the hyper side and after all he did help save them in Antartica. More talking, more bonding as the camera pulls away and we fade to black.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X