This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icemancmd
    Sigh....another black eye for the SG1....ep 100 was horrible and ep 200 isnt much better. Sure funny..ha ha.....id rather watch an exciting ep that has something to do with the storyline....a wasted ep IMO. They should give us 21 eps this season for SG1 after that. Even Jack couldnt help that sorry excuse.
    I disagree. I think it was a great episode. A stand alone all by itself episode. They don't do a lot of those stand alone episodes anymore. My only complaint is the last 5 or 10 minutes, from the puppets to the Worm-hole Xtreme interviews. The rest was fantastic. Icemancmd, it was meant as a celebration episode, for it's 200th epy. You need a break from doom and gloom every so often. The point was to have a lighter side, and to entertain, and it did both very well.
    Last edited by Freekzilla; 19 August 2006, 01:17 PM.
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
      You need a break from doom and gloom every so often. The point was to have a lighter side, and to entertain, and it did both very well.
      I agree. Though I am one who has been losing interest in watching, "200" was a very decent episode.

Not all TV shows do spoofs of themselves, and sometimes those shows which do reference themselves inside the show don't do it well. However, "200" was enjoyable and even got jaded me to chuckle a couple of times.

Comment

the only bad part was the interview with the wormhole xtreme ****

Comment

I think we have a TROLL in here.

Comment

Everyone hating on this episode you need a sense of humor. It can't be the end of the world every single week. If it were we all would have gotten bored and and stopped watching in season 6 or 7.

Humor and the occasional light hearted episode are part of stargate whether you like it or not. This episode was written to be a goofball parody of the show itself, basically they did the "south park" treatment to themselves. next week they get back to the end of the world so and stop hyperventalting it all be ok 6 days from now.

When I first saw the furlings the first thing I thought was "who invited the ewoks?" Did anyone else the feeling that it was a parody of star wars? Furry midgets, giant tree house city, exploding planets. right out of "Return of the Jedi".

Comment

Overall, an interesting diversion. The in-jokes were actually well played, without ever jumping the shark.... too much.

'We are the Furlings' <--- funny, but would have been better if they had Aussie accents, LOL.

'Put a Lantern on it' <--- damn fine (actual writers term)

'Make it spin' <--- I nearly $%!# myself laughing. (seriously funny backstory - the original gate did not spin in the movie, until one of the 'producers' thought it would look cool. Add your own joke here.)

Overall, a nice diversion, but to be honest, I want to the see the behind the scenes stuff for the filming of the episode. And to echo a few of the negative nellies out there, I would have prefered a kick-ass-balls-to-the-wall adventure.

Hopefully they will have the chance to do it again in 5 years for '300'.

Yours respectfully,

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Episode 200 totally rocked my world!!! I loved it! The creators and actors all got to take a break and just really let loose and have fun. I also think it was a nice treat to us hardcore fans with all the inside jokes and the furlings etc.
                It was great! I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like it but oh well.
                (I loved the bashing on Cam. It was great!)
                Andromeda Fate
                Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
                  Episode 200 totally rocked my world!!! I loved it! The creators and actors all got to take a break and just really let loose and have fun. I also think it was a nice treat to us hardcore fans with all the inside jokes and the furlings etc.
                  It was great! I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like it but oh well.
                  (I loved the bashing on Cam. It was great!)
                  Like I've said, it was a golden episode. Certainly one to be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03
                    I remember how for 100 the producers and writers were in the show so I tried to see how many producers/directors/writers I could find and I was only able to spot Peter Deluise. He seems to have lost allot of weight over the years. I thought it was nice that Don Davis got to come back but would have liked to have seen more of RDA.
                    Martin Wood was also at the end playing a director.
                    Andromeda Fate
                    Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                    "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                    "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                    "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                    "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

OMG! I LOVED this ep!! Th OC spoof! WOW! But i Loved the puppet part.....especally the part where Teal'c laughs like that! And not to forget Teal'c P.I! That was priceless! But one of my Fav lines-
                      "The lead backed out, how am i supposed to have a movie with no lead?"-Martain
                      "Just get another character to replace him." -Cameron

I totally understood the spoof on RDA's departure! LOL! This ep will go down in history books!

& - Can't forget the wedding....CHEERS TO VALA FOR MENTIONING IT!

& - I also LOVED the slash talk! That was funny! REALLY FUNNY!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                      sigpic

Comment

Stargate isn't a comedy, people! The 200th episode was NOT Stargate! I was sorely dissapointed, as were others I know. If this was the typical Stargate we would not be fans, that's for sure.

The Insider was more interesting than the show and I don't even like insiders.
                        The Replicators, help me! Oh no!

Comment

Originally posted by aurorous
                          Everyone hating on this episode you need a sense of humor. It can't be the end of the world every single week. If it were we all would have gotten bored and and stopped watching in season 6 or 7.

Humor and the occasional light hearted episode are part of stargate whether you like it or not. This episode was written to be a goofball parody of the show itself, basically they did the "south park" treatment to themselves. next week they get back to the end of the world so and stop hyperventalting it all be ok 6 days from now.

When I first saw the furlings the first thing I thought was "who invited the ewoks?" Did anyone else the feeling that it was a parody of star wars? Furry midgets, giant tree house city, exploding planets. right out of "Return of the Jedi".
                          The usual episodes have humor, usually pretty good humor. But the 200th was just plain stupid....Sat Night Live on steroids, which is not Sci-fi nor Stargate.
                          The Replicators, help me! Oh no!

Comment

Best episode ever!
                            Star Trek, Wizard of Oz, Ewoks, Puppets, Farscape, Gilligan's Island, Younger version of SG1, Teal'c as a private detective, Zombies, Cussing, and did I mention PUPPETS?!?
                            : Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them.
                            : I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's…nose drips.

Comment

"200" was nauseating and disappointing....:-(
                              The Teyla Appreciation Thread

Comment

I loved 200. It had great omages all over the place.

And one that many people didnt get was the monty python reference.

"Scene 24..."

Comment

Working...
                                X