This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan
    Well... I very strongly disagree on this.

Remembering and actually loving people who died is perfectly normal. But it doesn't need to stop anybody from loving somebody else again, just differently. And I'm still saying that Vala and Daniel are just perfect for each other and made for each other. They just need to realize this one day...

I know this. And the visit of his oldest daughter to spend some time with dad is the reason for Michael's absence from another two episodes in the second half of the season

I never said he couldn't go on. (Vala aside) I stated that you never forget and you can love someone who is gone and still love another. (As for the sereis--Not Vala, worst character ever--she would be great with Pete the cop.)
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Of course Daniel still thinks about her. Like many people have already said, he is just past the mourning stage. They were soul mates. In fact, the only relationship the writers came up with that I could tolerate was theirs. And they didn't really actually came up with it, did they.

Vala falls way short of Sha're. I like the character somewhat when I don't find her over the top and annoying. She has sass and can be playful (but then she'd take that playfulness to the next step to immaturity). While I can see Daniel and her being friends, their relationship would never be able to escalate to the one he had with Sha're.

I really really hope the writers would just give up on the whole romantic interludes between main characters as everything they've wrote (again, aside from Sha're) came up as contrived and cringe-worthy. Disastrous and disappointing could also be used to describe their attempts.

Anyway, I digress. Daniel definitely hasn't forgotten her. Other people already pointed this out but it bears repeating:
      Spoiler:
      He will be telling Vala about Sha're in an upcoming episode.

Well, since people are a lil' sensitve, I must put this disclaimer in place! What I wrote above expresses my personal opinion of the -characters-. That is all.

Comment

Yeah, he talks to Vala about here:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/1007.shtml

That is the page about "Counterstrike", I think its the 3rd bullet point.

Comment

Referring to your spoiler, nyxlily, after watching that, now I'm not sure that Daniel has completely moved on as far as Sha're is concerned. I'm still sure they're not soul-mates, but I can't say for certain that Daniel sees that yet. In any case, whether or not he still feels something for Sha're beyond just respecting her memory and how strong of a relationship they did have, he certainly doesn't seem as though he's totally forgiven himself for what happened to her, even though he's trying. Daniel finds it so difficult to not beat himself up when he's unable to help others. It's heart-breaking, but part of why I love him so much.
          Last edited by 1DanielForMe; 30 August 2006, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Obviouslyt he still thinks about her. Just like Jack thinks about Charlie and Sam thinks about Jacob.

And everybody probably thinks about Janet now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              Obviouslyt he still thinks about her. Just like Jack thinks about Charlie and Sam thinks about Jacob.

And everybody probably thinks about Janet now and then.
              Exactly! She was his wife afterall. I loved how Vala mentioned that he had a picture of her hanging on the wall in his office.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                Exactly! She was his wife afterall. I loved how Vala mentioned that he had a picture of her hanging on the wall in his office.
                And now she has something to think about...
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I think it's very funny that people think Shar'e was such a better character than Vala. Vala is not perfect, but Shar'e was hardly a character at all. She was hardly in the series at all, and when she was, she was either standing there saying nothing, or blabbering some Goa'uld gibberish.

Sorry, I just don't think you can compare the two and try and have some kind of competition between Shar'e and Vala. Daniel needs to move on, and I really think he has, I truly hope he does end up with Vala so maybe she'll pull that stick out of his ass and he can relax!

Comment

Originally posted by iheartvala
                    I think it's very funny that people think Shar'e was such a better character than Vala. Vala is not perfect, but Shar'e was hardly a character at all. She was hardly in the series at all, and when she was, she was either standing there saying nothing, or blabbering some Goa'uld gibberish.

Sorry, I just don't think you can compare the two and try and have some kind of competition between Shar'e and Vala. Daniel needs to move on, and I really think he has, I truly hope he does end up with Vala so maybe she'll pull that stick out of his ass and he can relax!
                    LOL Let's hope so! These two (Vala and Daniel) are simply made for each other.

Comment

After all these years, one would suspect that Daniel would try to bring Sha're back to live at least once. It isn't like the ability to raise the dead is very rare on SG-1; between the Asgard, the Nox, the Ancients, the Goa'uld, and the Ori the resurrection industry in in the midst of a buyer's market.

Comment

Originally posted by hyzmarca
                        After all these years, one would suspect that Daniel would try to bring Sha're back to live at least once. It isn't like the ability to raise the dead is very rare on SG-1; between the Asgard, the Nox, the Ancients, the Goa'uld, and the Ori the resurrection industry in in the midst of a buyer's market.
                        Don't forget
                        Spoiler:
                        the Wraith
                        now, as well. Although note that all of them need the actual body which I doubt Daniel Jackson has.
                        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                        -Audioslave

Comment

Good point, although whether or not Priors need an acual body or not is questionable, considering how badly Daniel and Vala were burned.

In the Foreven in a Day hallucination she was burried on Abydos. It is safe to assume that the same is true in real life. Since desert sand does a very good job at preserving dead tissue he should be able to dig her up (or chunks of her depending on how deep Anubis's weapon penetrated). Even a few chunks should be enough for Adria or a Prior, assuming he could convince one to do so.

Of course, the same complaint can be applied to every instance where a major character is killed off. Really, if I were running the SGC then I would have gone to great lengths to capture a sarcophagus intact.
                          If I were running the Trust I would have already filed a patent on the thing and would simply be awaiting FDA aproval (and already marketing them in France).

Comment

Originally posted by hyzmarca
                            Good point, although whether or not Priors need an acual body or not is questionable, considering how badly Daniel and Vala were burned.
                            Actually it was only Vala who was burned at the Avalon pt. 2. The second time, at the end of Origin, at the last moment they've returned to their own bodies and original Harrid and Sallis were burned.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                              Yeah but he does keep a Photograph of her in his Office, In many episodes you can see the picture of her that's followed on through the years being placed either next to the computer or around the room......I think he's over her for the most part but for someone who has died you never fully stop holding a place in your heart to spare some love for them despite anything that may have happened even though they ended on good terms.....I know that first hand too well
                              I've often wondered how he got a picture of her...

Comment

Originally posted by Tekin_Kashami
                                I've often wondered how he got a picture of her...
                                Maybe he had a camera with him on Abydos we just never saw. As an archeologist, he probably would have packed such things when he first went throught the Stargate.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X