X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sent an email to Sci fi

Comment

Eh, I am neither pro nor anti season 11. Honestly, the actors are likely to want to move on soon, as are those behind the seasons. I am happy with 10 seasons, and generally never ask for more then I personally would be willing to give. And if I was in the actors/TPTB position, 11 years would be much too long... and the longer a show runs, the more complacent people tend to get with it - not intentionally, but unintentionally. And lets face it, the less of a challenge it possess.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
        Just sent an email to Sci fi
        Hey, I was just thinking, rather than posting messages back and forth about whether there should be a season 11 or not, we should start a thread asking everyone to send an email to the sci-fi about wanting a next season, then everyone who sends an email, should post to say they've done it.
        That was we can see how many people are 'in'.......
        What does everyone think?

Comment

Pro Season 11 all the way! How can some fans not support the show they've been watching for so long?
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
            Eh, I am neither pro nor anti season 11. Honestly, the actors are likely to want to move on soon, as are those behind the seasons. I am happy with 10 seasons, and generally never ask for more then I personally would be willing to give...
            Hmmm, I've been in the same job for 30 years, so I'm asking for 30 from the cast and crew because I've already given that much!

haha. Just kidding - I know what you mean. It could affect performances if they no longer feel motivated. It depends on each person individually. I would love to see more season if they are all willing, though!

Comment

I'm anti Season 11. I'd like a movie instead with Stargate Sg-1 and Atlantis
              Actually a trilogy like Matrix would be nice in which we defeat both Ori and Wraith

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                Hmmm, I've been in the same job for 30 years, so I'm asking for 30 from the cast and crew because I've already given that much!
                30 years?1? Geez, I freak out when I have to sign anything that last longer then 3 months... So to be in the same job for 30 years is amazing to me (and just a wee but scary, but that's just me)...

On topic though, that's why I, personally, understand if those behind the show have to move on...
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah
                  Isn't that sorta hypocritical? You want the show to get cancelled so they make a movie but if its cancelled there probably won't be a movie then. Sigh, sigh.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                    Isn't that sorta hypocritical? You want the show to get cancelled so they make a movie but if its cancelled there probably won't be a movie then. Sigh, sigh.
                    Why would you say that? Firefly was cancelled and it got a movie. Granted they had to work really hard for it but a movie has been on the planning board with Stargate for some time now. We'll probably get it whether it's cancelled or not.

As it is I'm all for an 11th season. Honestly I'd like it to last til at least 12... probably because it's a nice round number. 13 would be good too because then we'll all have mixed feelings about that number. *cackle*

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                      30 years?1? Geez, I freak out when I have to sign anything that last longer then 3 months... So to be in the same job for 30 years is amazing to me (and just a wee but scary, but that's just me)...

On topic though, that's why I, personally, understand if those behind the show have to move on...
                      LOL. Actually, it's the same company, the job itself has changed a few times, but I understand what you mean. --although 3 months is a tad extreme - you'll never get a mortgage that way! LOL.

But I do understand what you mean by the cast becoming uninspired at some point. For some reason, I think the crew can last a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah
                        Actually a trilogy like Matrix would be nice in which we defeat both Ori and Wraith
                        I dont see how they could beat both enemies in 3 movies, and wrap it with all the characters, etc...
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
                          Mainly competition, a ton of people I know are watching Psyche/Monk and Tivoing Stargate/watching it on it's second run.

BSG Premiers around the time that Sci-fi has to make up their minds about a new season. I'm actually hoping BSG's ratings are low, so that Sci-Fi's "plan" for year-round programming really bites them in the ass.

Or, the SG-1 ratings could improve

lolplz
                          I think you've got a point.....maybe SciFi should think about how many people are recording it....before they go and do anything extreme....like cancelling.....I record it.....but i watch it on the premier night on the premier hour....and I watch Monk and Psych later....and my older sis records it at her home and watches Monk and Psych while SG is on then watches her recordings.....I mean since the world of Tivo and DVR's we can watch what we want when we want...SciFi should compensate for that......so as a shout out from a fan to SciFi "WE'RE STILL WATCHING....just not at the schedueld times" .....maybe I Should send them an E-mail.....

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle_Jumper_One
                            I think you've got a point.....maybe SciFi should think about how many people are recording it....before they go and do anything extreme....like cancelling.....I record it.....but i watch it on the premier night on the premier hour....and I watch Monk and Psych later....and my older sis records it at her home and watches Monk and Psych while SG is on then watches her recordings.....I mean since the world of Tivo and DVR's we can watch what we want when we want...SciFi should compensate for that......so as a shout out from a fan to SciFi "WE'RE STILL WATCHING....just not at the schedueld times" .....maybe I Should send them an E-mail.....
                            LOL. I just raged about this in the pro-10 thread. To wit...

So many things affect the ratings, not the least of which is that shows that are recorded to watch later aren't counted. Nor are those that wait for the second showing because something else comes on that they also want to see - not necessarily more than Stargate, but Stargate is the one that gives them the option of waiting until a second showing, so they wait to watch then.

I think the Neilsons need a major overhaul. They haven't even figured out how to take VCRs into account and now we've moved on to DVRs, which many people, myself included, rely on to watch pretty much everything we really want to see. All the shows I don't want to miss are preprogrammed into my DVR. Some other stuff I might catch while it is on, but I know I have the luxury of watching my DVRed stuff whenever I want. Neilson isn't catching these, but these are my favorite shows. Neilson will record the one time I happened to catch some show I only somewhat care to watch and will miss the shows I MUST watch, because I DVR them.

Of course, I'm not a Neilson family anyway, and that's an entirely different rant about the way they pick them...

I watch for the Neilson's like the rest of you do, because the industry takes them so much into consideration, but I wish they wouldn't until the Neilson's get their crap together, jump into the 21st century technologically, and poll a more representative portion of the population.

Oh, well... This week's episode [which I will probably watch Saturday - mulitple times, not that Neilson cares] sounds like another winner!!!

Comment

I support further seasons as long as it stays entertaining and doesn't get stale and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                                I support further seasons as long as it stays entertaining and doesn't get stale and boring.
                                That is something, truthfully, I don't think we have to worry about. I see TPTB being able to keep the quality of this show up for quite some time if given the opportunity to do so.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X