X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It damages humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis
      Daniel already has the answer... buried in the remaining ascended knowledge deep in his subconcious...

this may be why he
      Spoiler:
      becomes a prior later in the season in order to advance himself far enough to be able to find it at will

just my thoughts...

nice theory
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Not on those planets, not in the MW, not what they think it is, not the blood stone. Jeez.

Comment

"...the droids your looking for."
          "...on your plane of existence."
          "...powered by D batteries like the manual says."
          "...going to help you."
          "...compatible with Windows XP."

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
            She wouldn't tell us which planet NOT to go to, she'd tell us which we should go to. I think she was about to tell us that the weapon is not something we're expecting, but rather in an unrecognizable form.
            Umm, NO. I can already see this thread blowing this quote WAY outta proportion creating wild theories.

She WOULD say it's "not" at one planet because that's a good way in attempting to get around the acended's rules because directly telling us would make them take her. Therefore she was attempting to further indirectly tell us by saying where it's NOT at. Clearly the ascended ancients still didn't like this and felt enough was enough on her little "walking the line".

Reading way too much into this..

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
              "...the droids your looking for."
              "...on your plane of existence."
              "...powered by D batteries like the manual says."
              "...going to help you."
              "...compatible with Windows XP."
              rofl
              : Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them.
              : I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's…nose drips.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                Wild theory, maybe Merlins weapon is actually a sentence that forces the hearer to block all power that the Ori might gain from them. Or forces them onto the path to ascension thus enforcing the Ori's promise and ending their worshippers time on this plane.

But all those aside do you think it is possible that the weapon is intelectual in nature and not physical? Like the Holy Grail is just where it is carried, like a recorder.

Umm, NO. Because Morgan clearly stated that this weapon is capable of destroying Ascended beings, not just Ori. That means Ascended Alterans/Ancients and Ori.

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious what she was going to say:
                  Spoiler:
                  "Merlin's weapon is not necessary. We've already called Jack Bauer in, he should have the Ori situation handled by the end of the day."

I'm such a fanboy.
                  Last edited by White Knight; 29 July 2006, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Just wondering what kind of weapon needs to be built to defeat spiritual creatures on another plane. In other words, once you have said weapon in hand who do you point it at?

Since they said that the Ori get their power from their worshippers perhaps the weapon doesn't attack the Ori themselves, but their powersource..."We who say 'Hallowed are the Ori'"

Attack their worshippers and cut off their power supply. After all, they are coming to our galaxy to get more worshippers, or is that batteries? Drain the batteries and you stop the Ori energizer bunny.

Whatcha think?

Comment

Well, in "Camelot" Kvasir clearly stated that Merlin's weapon is in fact an energy transfer device similar to a ZPM, which basically "cancels" ascended beings by channelling energy into their dimension.

As far as what Morgan was going to say, we'll probably just have to wait for "The Quest" to air to find out.
                      Truth is relative. Pick one that works

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                        Wild theory, maybe Merlins weapon is actually a sentence that forces the hearer to block all power that the Ori might gain from them. Or forces them onto the path to ascension thus enforcing the Ori's promise and ending their worshippers time on this plane.

But all those aside do you think it is possible that the weapon is intelectual in nature and not physical? Like the Holy Grail is just where it is carried, like a recorder.
                        Maybe it's a single word, possibly NI? Hmmm, we'll know if Priors start demanding shrubberies.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Merlin's weapon is not the SANGRAAL!

Sangraal+Dakara weapon= ascended weapon

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
                            ah, finally someone asking the right question.

she did give him, presumably, the names to 2 planets, along with the gate addresses.

now she could have meant one of two things: daniel had the answer to the real question he was asking, or he had the answer to the question he initially asked. make sense?

i personally think that she was going to say that the weapon is not:
                            a weapon
                            what they're expecting
                            what they're looking for (as in its not the holy grail)
                            what they need to defeat the Ori
                            where they expect
                            or where she told them.

so i hit them all
                            lol

imagine if merlin hid the anti-ori weapon in the ori's home galaxy? its often said that they best place to hide something in right under the seeker's nose.

a different note: imagine if we, along with the asgard, could buil an anti-replicator style gun that fired the same amount of energy as the supergate's kwoosh, thus when fired at an Ori ship, the ship is no more.
                            Nice analysis IrishPisano! I think that "what they need to defeat the Ori" is the answer. Or to expand upon this, that they will need something else in addition to what Merlin created.
                            Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

Comment

Originally posted by riffcold
                              I LOVE that theory.
                              that theory is void, TV guide interview onfirmed
                              Spoiler:
                              the Prior Daniel is from an Alternate Reality...

as for Morgan, she done told them the 2 planets it could be on, so telling them which one its not after the dialog she went through wouldnt have triggered the others, it had to be some import detail like..

Merlins Weapon Is Not ..... Finished, Real, All We Need, What We expect... etc etc

I Honestly think Merlin would have designed it to function and require another componet which is hidden.. or was hidden (Dakara)
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 31 July 2006, 04:16 AM.
                              Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

The location of the superweapon is on Earth. I'm telling you, it's going to be on Earth.

If I'm wrong though, you may green me at your leisure.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X