This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her's what I think. "Merlins weapon is not the solution!"
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
      Her's what I think. "Merlins weapon is not the solution!"
      O.k. my latest thought on this is that Merlin's weapon is not a weapon in conventional terms, but maybe a weapon that protects you from the wrath that ascended beings can bring on you. But while this protects you it is your job to convince the Ori followers that they are not true gods, and should not worship them as such. After turning all the followers away from Origin, you take away the Ori's power. What do you all think?
      You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Merlin's weapon is not working. But I think it is or it needs a little invention to start working.
        My name is Olo - Hans Olo
        Sorry for my english, I'm not

Asgard Greetings: Greeting
        Borg Greetings: Lower your shields, Prepare to assimilate

Comment

if the ori draw their power from their worshippers... then wouldn't the best way to defeat them be to cut off their power source? figure out a way to prevent them from preaching?
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
            if the ori draw their power from their worshippers... then wouldn't the best way to defeat them be to cut off their power source? figure out a way to prevent them from preaching?
            that's why
            Spoiler:
            in Counterstrike, Adria wants to know how her new followers are being killed
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

perhaps the weapon uses energy that prevents ascended being from using their powers
              If you immediately know the fire is hot then the food was cooked long ago.

Comment

Merlin's weapon could have been the robot woman and the replicators. Remember her father made her, then she made the replicators.

Maybe Merlin made her, thinking she would serve as a way to pass knowledge to other humans. But she made replicators with the knowledge he gave her and the replicators destroyed Merlin and the planet he was living on, and became a serious threat to the major ally of the Ancients (Asgard and Furling, with the Furling being wiped out by the Replicators).

That would mean Morgan was going to say "Merlin's weapon is NOT going to help you.."

Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425
                  O.k. my latest thought on this is that Merlin's weapon is not a weapon in conventional terms, but maybe a weapon that protects you from the wrath that ascended beings can bring on you. But while this protects you it is your job to convince the Ori followers that they are not true gods, and should not worship them as such. After turning all the followers away from Origin, you take away the Ori's power. What do you all think?
                  Possible but I ll think there is something more to it than being a simple weapon. Its possible that it could have catastrophic effects.

Comment

My two votes are for "Not finished" or "Not in phase with your reality."

Of course, I'm wondering if the Crystal Skull aliens might actually be the weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy
                      My two votes are for "Not finished" or "Not in phase with your reality."

Of course, I'm wondering if the Crystal Skull aliens might actually be the weapon.
                      While they are on a alternate plane of exsistence, I fail to see how they could destroy the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                        While they are on a alternate plane of exsistence, I fail to see how they could destroy the Ori.
                        keep in mind that we know nearly nothing about the ancients' abilities and the "laws of physics" that govern ascended beings....

all we really know about them is where they're from... what they've built... why the ori hate them.... when they came here and pegasus...

in wonder....

if the wraith defeated the ancients, then they could, possibly, defeat the ori... i think we should focus half our efforts on the hunt for weapon and our other half on unlocking the secrets of how the wraith defeated the ancients

Comment

No offense, but I think the Ori would tear the Wraith up.

Comment

I'd say it has something to do with Arthur and his knights. Remember they too went on a quest to find it.

"Merlins weapon is not....
                            "the bloodstone",
                            "the holy grail",
                            "what you seek",
                            "real",
                            "on your plane of existance"
                            "able to destroy the Ori"
                            "in the Milky Way"
                            "on those two planets"

"Merlin's Weapon is not a weapon, just a myth"

Comment

Originally posted by Landon
                              No offense, but I think the Ori would tear the Wraith up.
                              well... the wraith did defeat the ancients... ancients being more or less equal to the ori just with different philosophies on life... of course that was a few thousand years ago... but... the wraith... may be like zombies: strength in sheer numbers

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
                                if the wraith defeated the ancients
                                Wraith did not defeat Ancients, they just make smart strategic militarymove, to win own fight. Normaly in earth, wars are not win with manpower, wars win those, who got better strategic plan.
                                Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Working...
                                X