Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on SG-1's 'The Shroud' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got several questions here that you guys might be able to answer for me:

1) How do you "De-Prior" someone. When Garrek tried to help the Tau'ri, he was burned alive. I doubt without ancient intervention, Daniel is prior for life....

2) How did Daniel become a prior in the first place, and under what circumstances? I didn't see any spoiler leading to the fact that Daniel was goign to become a prior, much less him breaking away from SG1. Its kinda like saying, "Ohh i'm with sg1, and now i'm a prior for some reason).

3) I doubt Daniel can give any Ori secrets (back to question 1).

4) If an ancient gets involved, will this mean that the Ancients will be directly influenced in the battle against the Ori?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Wow, this sounds cool! Way better than that high school reunion baloney. This is one I won't miss!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Oh.My.God! .... Oh I sooo need to see this ep now!!! wow!

Comment

This sounds like a VERY interesting story arc though the only worry I have is that they 'depriorise' him and act like nothing happened. I mean Gerak when he disobeyed the Ori burnt to death so that means getting back to normal is not going to be easy if not impossible.

Also I think this is the first time that Daniel has become a 'bad guy' in reality. I mean there was brainwashed Teal'c way back when Apophis was killed the final time. Then there was season 8 RepliCarter and now Daniel.....
          Last edited by Prior_of_the_Ori; 06 June 2006, 05:08 AM.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
            hmm, but i dont think daniel would evil, he still has "him" in him not using a threat of destruction. he may be working inside getting the ori knowlege to make the followers to build ships that we can take later. or maybe it is a thing the accended of MW did so that the people of the MW galaxy sees contradiction in origin because daniel would make up fake things. (kinda like a pastor who sold his soul to the devil is being used to preach things that will cause contradiction)
            Daniel, Prior of the Ancients ?
            TPTB speak of "Daniel's controversial arc", so I suppose it is not the last episode with Daniel saying "Hallowed are the Ori". Maybe Adria is right and the ascended Ancients are bad after all.

Hmm, what happened to Daniel before this episode ? Is this episode before "Bounty" or after "Bounty" (because Daniel is on Earth and normal in "Bounty") ? It may be a sequel of "The Quest".

Unless Daniel is a fake Prior with milky-coloured lenses.
            But what would be controversial for Daniel in that case ?

Comment

Those spoilers completely knocked me for six, and could start off a fantastic arc for the rest of the season.

One proviso - i think the writers will make a horrible mistake if it's a fake Daniel, orit only lasts an episode. This is a huge, brave turn in the direction of the show - my rquest to TPTB - milk it. Don't wimp out.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I think there are 2 logical explanation:

1. The Prior Daniel is from an alternate reality and the "real one" is a prisoner.

2. Daniel had to be a Prior to activate the "sangraal" in Celestis.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
                  I think there are 2 logical explanation:

1. The Prior Daniel is from an alternate reality and the "real one" is a prisoner.

2. Daniel had to be a Prior to activate the "sangraal" in Celestis.

could be, and what would they gain by turning Daniel it didn't work on Gerak.

Comment

Well.....that took me by surprise!

I'm very interested to see how this is going to turn out - I do hope that Daniel gets back to normal (in at least a reasonably plausible way...) but not straight away, because this sounds like it could be a great arc. And there must be consequences...

Comment

Perhaps the way back would be through the help of the ancients...or since Orlin & Oma are gone...Skaara or Shifu...

Sorry...fanboy moment

Comment

Interesting. And, from a personal POV, also darn.

I'm a little dubious about how good this could be, because as others have said it's a big spoiler/tease to let slip through the net. Also because I find most of Daniel's big angst arcs never seem to have any residual emotional consequences for the character.

Ascend, descend, help destroy a planet, lose wife, bring on the Ori, residual emotional reaction? Pretty much zip.
                        Hopefully they'll make good use of MS's time away to build up some angst amongst the team.

Although, apparently Stargate is seen as a comedy so...

Comment

That magazine article is pretty full of blatant inaccuracies.. are we sure he was quoted correctly? And not quoted for the episode '200'? Or perhaps in context it was not meant seriously, but they took it out of context. I don't know.. or maybe he DOES see it as a comedy, but how would that help the show by saying it publicly?

Comment

Daniel's... a Prior...

Spoiler:
                            Nnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT DANIEL!!!!!!!!!! Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Sorry about that. But... Jesus Christ!

Originally posted by McSwift
                            2) How did Daniel become a prior in the first place, and under what circumstances? I didn't see any spoiler leading to the fact that Daniel was goign to become a prior, much less him breaking away from SG1. Its kinda like saying, "Ohh i'm with sg1, and now i'm a prior for some reason).
                            Probably because spoilers for that episode haven't been released yet. We don't know what episode comes before 'The Shroud' - all we know is that it's sometime after 'Bounty'.
                            Hey, maybe Adria sent the bounty hunter after SG-1 - she wanted to turn them all into Priors, but the others escaped.

Comment

OMG OMG OMG OMG! That can't be right! He had to be under cover, or it was against his will...somehow! It's the only explanation; he would never serve the Ori willingly! NO NO NO NO NO! WRONG!

Originally posted by Naonak
                              Daniel's... a Prior...

Nnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT DANIEL!!!!!!!!!! Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Sorry about that. But... Jesus Christ!
                              It's perfectly all right, Noanak, I wholeheartedly agree with your outburst that so wonderfully conveys the feelings we both obviously share! I was "literally" floored when I read this. I had to pick up my jaw, and then the rest of my body, and I read it at about eight this morning and its eleven thirty now here and I'm still running around in shock muttering to myself like a mad-woman.

I'll be back to discuss this....thing, when I am no longer catatonic and can speak properly without ranting.

So there's my two cents for now.

~Kaitlyn

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
                              Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!
                              Left Behind: SG-1
                              The rest of my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/~startrekfreak

Comment

I don't know.. I understand how you guys feel.. and I know I don't want Daniel to stay evil or have his character permenately 'damanged' by this (though I personally would like to see a fallout on this, not just going back to the way it was with no reference to it happening in the future.. Smurf put it best: at least some residual emotional consequences is a must). But I think an 'undercover' job is such a cheap way out. It's been done. Multiple times across many many fandoms. Fanfictions done it to death. So, for me, being undercover is just so unoriginal (ha, though what IS original nowadays?). I want a little (or big) twist that I don't see coming.. and a reason as to how this happened shouldn't be so obvious and easy. That's just the way I feel..

Comment

Working...
                                X