Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else not reading spoilers and waiting to just enjoy Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would totally have to agree with you, Pitry. I'm also a much better person. Luckily, there are dvds to be watched. Anyway, in the past I haven't read spoilers because I like being surpried. But this year, my best friend (who I got hooked on Stargate) has been telling me things that quite honestly I don't want to know. . . because I like being surprised. I know, I'm totally weird and crazy, but the stargate painted on my garage should really have been your first clue. Thankfully, I've forgotten everything she's told me, so I will be surprised. I've never needed spoilers, I probably never will. I think spoilers are for the people who like reading the end of a book before the beginning, just to see how it all turns out. What they forget is that they're seeing things out of context, and that's how spoilers are.

Has anybody ever considered why there are spoilers? Why do we even need them? I know I'd keep watching the show regardless of what's going to happen. Hey, I've seen the show through worse. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Beakymoose
      Has anybody ever considered why there are spoilers? Why do we even need them? I know I'd keep watching the show regardless of what's going to happen. Hey, I've seen the show through worse. . .
      Well, some people don't like being surrpised. Or see something they just have to make sure isn't going to happen - that's how I got sucked into the spoiler-addiction thingie - I dind't know MS was leaving til I watched Meridian, and after that I just had to go online and check if he's coming back to the show or not (and if my eyes have no misled me and he really did leave...)
      And now for me it's jsut - I really do look forward to the new seasons, and want to see the episodes already, so spoilers are the next best thing, aren't they? But they do hurt enjoying the show, I know, which is why I'm trying not to read them.

...What I don't get is why the studio seems to be leaking spoilers.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I always avoid spoilers, all they do is make episodes less fun to watch. This of course means that one has to be ever vigilant when browsing through gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
          Exactly.....I find that mystifying.....do they really want to ruin the viewing experience by giving it all away? I especially don't get why they revlealed "the big one". Would have thought that at least would be kept under wraps.

Comment

just the opposite. since spoilers are vague and don't reveal the real goodies in most cases
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
              They really aren't.... fans find them. The studio knows, they condone by turning a blind eye. Let's look at this way... no spoilers, little chatter, People might *gasp* not talk about SG during the off-periods. Even with the blowups (daniel dies, janet dies, etc.) it kept Stargate in the front of people's thoughts.

In the tv business (99.9% of the time), bad news is better than no news....

Now, if a fan got a hold of and posted to hte web an entire script for an unaired episode, then the TPTB would get in a snit.

Comment

I've only read a few spoilers this year. But, not all of them. I wanted to be completely surprised this year. But, being a "Spoiler Whore" I coudn't help help myself.

Comment

I dont tihnk so. Im reading spoilers for everything. When you a big fan of stargate you cant wait to see whats coming. I CANT WAIT TILL JULY 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

God I wish I could stay away from spoilers but I'm a sucker BIG TIME, all started with Third Watch and I have not looked back since...lol wish I had all of your strength the ones that can stay away from the spoilers, oh well what can I say lol

Comment

Working...
                    X