Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else not reading spoilers and waiting to just enjoy Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'eh I'm the type of peerson who loves hearing about things before I get the chance to see them, so spoilers are my cup of tea; makes me more attentive to what i need to watch ...

I am however building myself a PVR (Tivo on crack) just for Stargate goodness

Comment

Originally posted by moguai
      'eh I'm the type of peerson who loves hearing about things before I get the chance to see them, so spoilers are my cup of tea; makes me more attentive to what i need to watch ...

I am however building myself a PVR (Tivo on crack) just for Stargate goodness

I was like that. TBH it started for me after Meridian, because I dind't know MS was leaving the show. So after picking my jaw back from the floor, I went to check spoilers.
      So I ruined most of seaosn 7 for myself... season 8 was better IMHO so spoilers did less damage - but after I've read a descriptio of each and every Moebius scene on the internet about 3 months before hte episode aired... well, I came out disappointed with Moebius itself. I kept on looking for things that weren't there. Later viewings confirmed it was probably the spoilers, ebcause right now I really think these were a couple of lovely episodes! Also, I decided I want to be surprised. So, for seasons 9-10 I'm on spoiler re-hab. Still falling but trying to ignore them. With various degrees of success, sigh
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Wow - there are some incredibly disciplined people in this thread! How do you manage it, those of you who have remained (more or less) spoiler free? I can barely restrain myself from going and having a look at regular intervals.

Maybe it's because I am less fortunate in that I'm in the UK and therefore having to wait quite a bit longer than my US cousins. Or maybe I haven't got any self control over spoilers...
        sigpic

Comment

I asked my mate the same thing after telling him i keep reading them. His reply

"They'll make you go blind"

my reply

"so does masturbation, but people still do it"
          Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
          MSN: [email protected]
          feel free to add me on either

Comment

Trying to stay spoiler free but it's really hard not reading all the episode tags for the coming seasons. Read all the spoilers for last season and it felt like I was judging episodes before I'd seen them.
            So no spoilers this year!
            Clark'sGirl

Comment

I read some spoilers for two episodes the other day. I'm not happy about it. I promised myself I would only read one, but then I heard people keep talking about how awesome the other one was, so I read that.

Aside from the little descriptions of the eps on the gateworld page, I've ruined maybe 2 or 3 eps for myself. I've forgotten a few things tho and I hope it stays that way.

Comment

I"ve been trying to avoid them as well, but I haven't been avoiding the entire fandom, and I slipped and found out about
                Spoiler:
                the one about Daniel
                . Hopefully I'll forget about it before it happens, and it can be a surprise.

(I didn't actually spoil anything up there, it's only obvious what I'm talking about if you *have* been reading spoilers).

Comment

Originally posted by Toresica
                  I"ve been trying to avoid them as well, but I haven't been avoiding the entire fandom, and I slipped and found out about
                  Spoiler:
                  the one about Daniel
                  . Hopefully I'll forget about it before it happens, and it can be a surprise.

(I didn't actually spoil anything up there, it's only obvious what I'm talking about if you *have* been reading spoilers).
                  yeah that one I read to and well I know a little more about some episodes because the people say them to me... And most of them I don't forget
                  so I have been spoiled... I want to return the time... where is that puddle jumper?

Comment

I tried not to look. I really did but I just couldn't help myself and then I saw the one that everyone is freaking out about and now I have to read them all. I don't know why I just do dammit and it really sucks.
                    BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!
                    Also bring back Jack and get rid of that other guy whatever his name is.

Comment

I'm managing to avoid all spoilers so far. I much prefer just sitting and watching a new episode and letting it all happen there and then for me. I've read spoilers for earlier seasons/other shows and I've always found that then watching the episode is just not as much fun at all.

So I am staying spoiler free, and proud of it!

Comment

I never really read the spoilers, but the synopsis of the episodes, yes. This year, I told myself I wouldn't even read the synopsis because sometimes it gives to much away, like the SGA episode Michael. It gave the entire story plot away.

So now I'm anxiously awaiting season 10 to begin.
                        Evolution has no limits!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                          I haven't read any spoilers, nor do I want to. I accidentally heard about one thing a month or two ago, but thankfully I've forgotten everything except it had to do with Vala's baby.

I'm very happy that I haven't read about the season and I just can't wait for it to begin! Anyone else agree with me?
                          basically, although I run a huge spoilers list, I'm not really reading the SG1 spoilers. I'm hoping to be surprised. I don't mind reading the SGA ones, but found that the SG1 ones just made the season not as fun for me.

Comment

In Season 9 featured new characters and a new enemy, and it was difficult to get everything and everyone on the same page. Still, most importantly, Season 9 felt fresh to me. I think Season 10 may be a bright spot, because the whole cast looks ready for some action. Ori -- not a bad idea!

Comment

I wish I could have enough self control not to read spoilers, but I've accidentally seen a bunch. I'm so ashamed.
                              scifiultraists.0catch.com
                              Science Fiction news, reviews, and more

Comment

we're all ashamed of you as well, GeniiPrior

I mind Atlantis spoilers less because I care for the show less. But that's also the reason I'm not jumping on the Atlantis Spoilers... my spoiler addiction is pretty much related to my Stargate withdrawl symptoms. I'm a much better person when the show is actually on the air!
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X