Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Vala offer the team in Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefreyu
    Am I seriously the only one who thinks Vala isn't the least bit attractive?
    No you are not - I do not find cheap, crass, self-absorbed, thieves, that epitomize the worst of sci-fi cliche and caricature attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefreyu
      Am I seriously the only one who thinks Vala isn't the least bit attractive?
      Nope, you're definitely not the only one. I think she's one of those characters that are incredibly unattractive on every non-physical level, and she doesn't do anything for me physically, either.

What she'll bring to the show is mocking, sleaze, boobs, schlock, smarm, greed, melodrama, theft, harassment, whining, lying, pimpage, cliches, grift, solicitation, histrionics, and yet another axe with which those who finance and make the show will chop at that suspension of disbelief that I require in order to so much as watch science fiction.
      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
        Nope, you're definitely not the only one. I think she's one of those characters that are incredibly unattractive on every non-physical level, and she doesn't do anything for me physically, either.

What she'll bring to the show is mocking, sleaze, boobs, schlock, smarm, greed, melodrama, theft, harassment, whining, lying, pimpage, cliches, grift, solicitation, histrionics, and yet another axe with which those who finance and make the show will chop at that suspension of disbelief that I require in order to so much as watch science fiction.
        good to know i'm not the only one
        BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!
        Also bring back Jack and get rid of that other guy whatever his name is.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          provide the show:
          sex
          vulgar humor
          "style"
          more sex
          "funny" jokes
          more sex
          more sex
          the problem of having (not to mention TRUSTING) a con-artist on Earth's front line team, responsible for defending earth against...everything.

provide the SGC:
          knowledge of the inner workings of the galexy. like teal'c did and still should (jaffa), and like sam never really did but could (tok'ra).
          connections. like (teal'c's) jaffa, (sam's) tok'ra, (jack's) asgard, and everyone else that now owes SG-1 and the how many other teams? one or many favors.
          goa'uld powers. like sam used to. and like she and others probably still could.
          knowledge of the ori, etc. good, but a reason for her to be at the SGC where everyone can use her, not on SG-1. but combined with something else it could work (like sam's tech (SGC) and leader/soldier (SG-1) and daniel's linguistics/archeology (SGC) and experience (SG-1))

provide SG-1:
          fast thinking like sam/daniel/teal'c
          fast talking like daniel/sam
          "style" like mitchell (not that i like it, mind you)

don't get me wrong, i like vala. just not as a member of SG-1. definitely not now, and probably not ever.
          I wonder how much info on the Orii she can offer since she spent her time in one village, recovering from injuries, and then was preggers. I can't imagine her having been able to sneak into the Prior's residence trying to learn some secret knowledge, since they only seem to possess the knowledge from the Book of Origin, which Daniel knows well enough and can quote.

Then the Lu. Alliance got its bum kicked in Camelot, I can only imagine how long its going to take for it to regroup. Plus if she knows a lot about the people in the organization, what is that saying about her as a person?

Nothing against Vala either, she was starting to grow on me, but now... not so much. If she had kept to a Bra'tac/Jacob Carter type of role then I would have been much happier with her on the show.

Comment

she'll offer, uglyness!!
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
            X