Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Vala offer the team in Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell: Bounces around like an anguished puppy..
    LOL Piratejenna thanks for that. Ben/Mitchell does a good puppy.

And for this too:

Just as you're about to fade into oblivion, Vala wanders over. She produces a Goa'uld healing device from her pocket, waves it airily over your wound, and in seconds you are completely healed. You thank her profusely. When you get back to base that you realise she stole your watch.
    Vala - the only member of the team with an eye on the big picture,while looking after herself at the same time. Sees the forest for the trees even before Landry can and possible faster than even Jack could.

Comment

Originally posted by essexgunner2003
      she is eye candy to rivel carter and is she not dating jackson in real life too or is that someone else from Sci-Fi?
      No, she is not, where did you hear that? Michael Shanks (Daniel jackson) is married to Lexa Doig, and they just had a baby boy in March, and Claudia Black (Vala) is married to Jamie (?) and just had a baby boy last year
      EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by Piratejenna
        Hmm... Let's see. Picture this scenario - you are the poor Stargate Redshirt who draws the short straw and gets sent out on a mission with SG-1. As usual, shortly after arriving on Planet P3Xdisaster-awaits you are shot by an unseen assailant. It's a mean, nasty ugly wound - we're talking blood and guts and veins-in-the-teeth and you're getting ready to become just another nameless expendible extra. What does the rest of the team do?

Just as you're about to fade into oblivion, Vala wanders over. She produces a Goa'uld healing device from her pocket, waves it airily over your wound, and in seconds you are completely healed. You thank her profusely. When you get back to base that you realise she stole your watch.
        Thanks for the hysterically funny and incredibly astute post. You rock.

Comment

Originally posted by star47
          No, she is not, where did you hear that? Michael Shanks (Daniel jackson) is married to Lexa Doig, and they just had a baby boy in March, and Claudia Black (Vala) is married to Jamie (?) and just had a baby boy last year
          oh ok, must have got my wires crossed somwhere lol

Comment

Originally posted by star47
            Not the Jamie from BSG is it?

Comment

I think Vala can bring a lot to SG-1. She's smart- not techno-smart like Sam, but true survival smart. She can think and talk her way out of situations which would be infinatly useful to SG-1. She also knows her way around the galaxy, she knows who to go to, she has some pretty good instinct wen it comes to who she can turst and she can anticipate when she might get shortchanged (The Ties That Bind). She also just says what's on her mind, very much like Jack, and that can save a whole lot of time. And she can be tactful about it when she chooses to do so. And she's willing to use unorthodox means to attain her goals. When she has a true cause she will fight for it and will risk her life for it. If I were a member of SG-1, I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that she's on the team, rather then not.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                Not the Jamie from BSG is it?
                No.

Jamie Bamber of BSG is married to Kerry Norton (Paramedic Layne Ishay).

Comment

Originally posted by Egraine
                  Ditto that along with the ability to really talk/con her way out of most jams.
                  I'd like to remind you that she was the one who came up with the solution in Beachhead, while everyone ignored her.

While acting alone, tried to find out how she could stop the Ori, the whole time big and pregnant. I think she has a lot to offer.

And she can always give Adria a "time out".

Sorry...couldn't resist.
                  I think Vala will adapt and grow as a member of the team. She will definitely bring a different outlook to things compared with the others. She is smart, crafty, and a great lier. And her connection to Adria will definitely play a huge role.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Her charisma

Comment

Someone for Daniel to yell at.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hhhmm true
                        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                          Someone for Daniel to yell at.
                          Eh, I think they'll continue to grow on one another. But, the occasional spat would be pretty funny to watch.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                            Ok yeh true I understand what you guys and gals are saying but for what reason would she be put into the SG-1 team for primarily?
                            For her insight and connections. Look how the character has been written. She had been a gou'ld, knows what motivates them and how they operate; she has connections within the Lucian Alliance and knows how they operate. She has up-close and personal knowledge of the Ori, feeling their desctructive force first hand, living within an Ori controlled settlement, married to an Ori crusader, and now giving birth to a hybrid offspring. Vala is the pivot point around which Season 10 will ebb and flow. It only remains to be seen where her greatest loyalties lie. How strong will the emotional pull of Motherhood be? Will she be able to detach herself completely from this half-alien offspring? She is a survivor and has relied on her own wits to stay alive but, also, she has been shown to be a resourceful and compassionate person who is willing to take dangerous personal risks when the need arises. Almost everything hinges on her relationship with Adria. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda
                              For her insight and connections. Look how the character has been written. She had been a gou'ld, knows what motivates them and how they operate; she has connections within the Lucian Alliance and knows how they operate. She has up-close and personal knowledge of the Ori, feeling their desctructive force first hand, living within an Ori controlled settlement, married to an Ori crusader, and now giving birth to a hybrid offspring. Vala is the pivot point around which Season 10 will ebb and flow. It only remains to be seen where her greatest loyalties lie. How strong will the emotional pull of Motherhood be? Will she be able to detach herself completely from this half-alien offspring? She is a survivor and has relied on her own wits to stay alive but, also, she has been shown to be a resourceful and compassionate person who is willing to take dangerous personal risks when the need arises. Almost everything hinges on her relationship with Adria. IMO.
                              Great post, just let me say. You make some really great points. I wish I could green you at the moment.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Hmm... she'll bring ugly tight clothing, bad jokes, and will sextually harrass Daniel at least once an episode. Other than that she'll be their inside person when dealing with people like the L. Allaince, since all of our characters are too golden hearted to think like a villian.

Comment

Working...
                                X